Rate the Last Film You've Seen

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Votes - 5 Average
07-09-2014, 06:12 PM
Rate the Last Film You've Seen
Not exactly a movie, but it was high quality.

Happy Valley - 9/10

Fantastic acting. Decent plot. Great tension meshed well with human drama. Another quality Netflix production. If thick Yorkshire accents are hard for you enable subtitles.

He's not the Messiah. He's a very naughty boy! -Brian's mum
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
08-09-2014, 03:00 AM
RE: Rate the Last Film You've Seen
The Princess Bride - 9/10

"Inconceivable!"

"You keep using that word; I do not think it means what you think it means."

Laugh out load

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
[+] 4 users Like Vosur's post
08-09-2014, 03:31 AM
The possession of Michael King.

7/10

They are trying to threaten us with their imaginary demons into believing.

All great truths begin as blasphemy - George Bernard Shaw
08-09-2014, 03:35 AM
(08-09-2014 03:00 AM)Vosur Wrote:  The Princess Bride - 9/10

"Inconceivable!"

"You keep using that word; I do not think it means what you think it means."

Laugh out load

Prince Humperdinck: First things first, to the death.

Westley: No. To the pain.

Prince Humperdinck: I don't think I'm quite familiar with that phrase.

Westley: I'll explain and I'll use small words so that you'll be sure to understand, you warthog faced buffoon.

Prince Humperdinck: That may be the first time in my life a man has dared insult me.

Westley: It won't be the last. To the pain means the first thing you will lose will be your feet below the ankles. Then your hands at the wrists. Next your nose.

Prince Humperdinck: And then my tongue I suppose, I killed you too quickly the last time. A mistake I don't mean to duplicate tonight.

Westley: I wasn't finished. The next thing you will lose will be your left eye followed by your right.

Prince Humperdinck: And then my ears, I understand let's get on with it.

Westley: WRONG. Your ears you keep and I'll tell you why. So that every shriek of every child at seeing your hideousness will be yours to cherish. Every babe that weeps at your approach, every woman who cries out, "Dear God! What is that thing," will echo in your perfect ears. That is what to the pain means. It means I leave you in anguish, wallowing in freakish misery forever.

Prince Humperdinck: I think you're bluffing.

Westley: It's possible, Pig, I might be bluffing. It's conceivable, you miserable, vomitous mass, that I'm only lying here because I lack the strength to stand. But, then again... perhaps I have the strength after all.

[slowly rises and points sword directly at the prince]

[Image: 6298407_std.jpg]

Westley: DROP... YOUR... SWORD!

Prince Humperdinck: [Humperdinck's mouth hangs open, drops sword to floor]

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 2 users Like EvolutionKills's post
03-10-2014, 08:12 AM
Lockout - a real surprise here, great movie, full of great jokes and stuff.

22 Jump Street - a real disappointment here, totally stupid movie, with a few good jokes only.

[Image: a6505fe8.jpg]
I have a theory that the truth is never told during the nine-to-five hours.
-Hunter S. Thompson
03-10-2014, 09:45 PM
Holy monkeys!!! Just got back from seeing Gone Girl. LOVED IT!!!! 10/10. That rating also takes into account how true they kept the movie to the book. I don't think I've ever seen a book to movie done this well. Loved the book, loved the movie. The beginning was not good... But it was for a reason important to the plot. I only had one little tiny nit-pick to make about something left out of the movie, but it didn't bother me at all.

I hope that the world turns, and things get better. But what I hope most of all is that you understand what I mean when I tell you that, even though I do not know you, and even though I may never meet you, laugh with you, cry with you, or kiss you, I love you. With all my heart, I love you. - V for Vendetta
04-10-2014, 08:39 AM
(03-10-2014 09:45 PM)Smercury44 Wrote:  Holy monkeys!!! Just got back from seeing Gone Girl. LOVED IT!!!! 10/10. That rating also takes into account how true they kept the movie to the book. I don't think I've ever seen a book to movie done this well. Loved the book, loved the movie. The beginning was not good... But it was for a reason important to the plot. I only had one little tiny nit-pick to make about something left out of the movie, but it didn't bother me at all.

You just reminded me, Silence of the lambs copied the book 99%. The movie copied the book perfectly, I haven't noticed one single difference between the two. Plus, the book I was reading was in Croatian, so I had to translate it all in my head to English, while reading it. I fucking hate translations.

[Image: a6505fe8.jpg]
I have a theory that the truth is never told during the nine-to-five hours.
-Hunter S. Thompson
[+] 1 user Likes Filox's post
07-10-2014, 09:40 PM
Alien and then Aliens.

"They mostly come out at night.. mostly.."

First time I had seen them (peer pressured into watching them by flatmate) and I must say that I was pleasantly surprised.
They were not half bad.
[+] 2 users Like earmuffs's post
07-10-2014, 10:13 PM
(07-10-2014 09:40 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  Alien and then Aliens.

"They mostly come out at night.. mostly.."

First time I had seen them (peer pressured into watching them by flatmate) and I must say that I was pleasantly surprised.
They were not half bad.

Not half bad? That's Ridley 'motherfukcin' Scott right there, with quite possibly one of the best sci-fi horror movies of all time. Followed by James 'kissmyass' Cameron, with the most iconic space marines that every movie and video since has ripped off from. Fucking seriously, everything from Warhammer to HALO needs to write Cameron a fat check, so that he can write an ever fatter check to Robert A. Heinlein for Starship Troopers. Tongue

07-10-2014, 10:18 PM
(03-10-2014 09:45 PM)Smercury44 Wrote:  Holy monkeys!!! Just got back from seeing Gone Girl. LOVED IT!!!! 10/10. That rating also takes into account how true they kept the movie to the book. I don't think I've ever seen a book to movie done this well. Loved the book, loved the movie. The beginning was not good... But it was for a reason important to the plot. I only had one little tiny nit-pick to make about something left out of the movie, but it didn't bother me at all.

I have to see this, because it's a David Fincher movie.