Rate the Last Film You've Seen

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Votes - 5 Average
25-11-2014, 06:38 AM
RE: Rate the Last Film You've Seen
Not a movie but this session of Homeland is so fucking good.

[Image: oscar.png]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
27-11-2014, 10:32 PM
John Wick
Absolutely fantastic, I went back and watched a second time the next day with new people and it was just as good. The cast was mostly amazing with only one or two underused characters. The action was wonderfully choreographed, the gun play was very grounded which is refreshing.
Honestly I just flat out love watching Keanue Reeves do scenes where he gets to just be angry as fuck. You see him channel all that personal turmoil that man has dealt with in his life, and it's just really powerful. I can relate to it so it always hits me on a personal level. I wish he took more roles like that.

I'd like to know more about that hotel and it's owner though, so I'm really hoping for a sequel.

Waitress

Heartbreaking, funny, and by the end uplifting and wonderful. I cry a bit every time near the end, a truly fantastic film.

When valour preys on reason, it eats the sword it fights with.
03-12-2014, 12:28 PM
Has anyone seen The Imitation Game, about Alan Turing? I hear the actor is really good in the part.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 1 user Likes dancefortwo's post
03-12-2014, 12:57 PM
Mockingjay

Save your money, watching paint dry more exciting and less of a downer.
The whole two hours is just a place holder until the next sequel. Boring was the consensus.

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
03-12-2014, 01:03 PM
Toy Story 3. I'd give it an 8 out of 10. I liked it better than the 2nd one, but not as well as the 1st.
03-12-2014, 02:05 PM
(03-12-2014 12:28 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  Has anyone seen The Imitation Game, about Alan Turing? I hear the actor is really good in the part.

I'm desperate to see this - Alan Turing is a personal hero of mine. Benedict Cumberbatch plays him ... he also plays Sherlock. He seems to be an artist unafraid - my kind of guy. Thumbsup

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 1 user Likes kim's post
08-12-2014, 11:41 AM
Wreck-It-Ralph. I say 9 out of 10; fantastic all around, but it could use a bit more laughs.

Popcorn I put more thought into fiction than theists put into reality.
08-12-2014, 03:40 PM
Exodus, gods & kings>
1/5
Fantasy based on fantasy, with Moses coming across as a real looney toon.
Oh yes a precocious Brit kid plays god in a rather too realistic role.....
.....give it a miss!Angel
12-12-2014, 10:01 AM
If you're referring to the last movie I've seen on the big screen, I would say I would give a 5/5 to Mockingjay Part1... I'm really looking forward to seeing Part 2! The whole Hunger Games series has been very well written, and is one of the few series that I can say has stayed fairly close to the books... I really love them both! Big Grin

Now, if you mean the last movie I've seen at all, then I would give a 5/5 to Frozen... It's the best Disney animated movie ever... I have no criticisms at all...
13-12-2014, 07:54 AM
Music RE: Rate the Last Film You've Seen
[Image: thumb_MV5BNDY5NTg3NjQ4NF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZT...AyMw__.jpg]

This is a miniseries of HBO about the end of war in the Pacific 1944-45. This war is almost unknown in Russia. Of course, we know about Pearl Harbor and battles for Guadalcanal and Okinawa but without details. In The Pacific it looks like american Stalingrad. Very hard and very bloody.

Sapere aude!