Rate the Last Film You've Seen

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Votes - 5 Average
12-01-2015, 04:45 PM
Re: Rate the Last Film You've Seen
You Can't Kill Stephen King

7/10

Horror comedy about a group of idiots who travel to Maine to meet Stephen King. Only one, Ronnie (who is also one of the writers/producers), is even a King fan. Along the way, they meet weird people who were probably the inspiration for many of his characters.

Soon each of them is the victim of a murder based on a King story. They start to blame each other but especially Ronnie, the King expert. At the end, only the "war vet" Monroe, also a writer/producer, is left with Ronnie. The killer is actually Stephen King himself, which Ronnie and the majority of the viewers figure out. Ronnie doesn't want Monroe to kill King, so he helps and becomes one of the town creepoids.

The plot is a bit too formulaic, and the humor is stilted at times. One more point because the women are hot. The ending is obvious quickly. Seems like they tried for an Evil Dead type campy movie but didn't quite deliver.

Good acting: Lamont, the townsfolk.
Bad acting: Monroe and Ronnie, who wrote & produced it.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
12-01-2015, 06:12 PM
RE: Rate the Last Film You've Seen
^I am going to watch the fuck out of that.

The Hobbit 1.5: Something isn't bad (Poorly constructed) because I don't like it. It's fine.

(Also other things I don't care enough about to mention. They were still good.)

(12-01-2015 02:17 PM)WeAreTheCosmos Wrote:  
(12-01-2015 01:42 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  Lucy with Scarlett Johanssen

8/10

Very entertaining sci-fi, lots of actions.

I would say it was severely lacking in action. At no point is there any sense that she is in danger. She literally walks through enemies, disabling their weapons and pushing them away with her mind, gets in a chase where she moves cars out of the way her mind... And none of what she does ever gets an explanation of the mechanism for her abilities.

This has happened in every Luc Besson movie ever.

Soulless mutants of muscle and intent. There are billions of us; hardy, smart and dangerous. Shaped by millions of years of death. We are the definitive alpha predator. We build monsters of fire and stone. We bottled the sun. We nailed our god to a stick.

In man's struggle against the world, bet on the man.
[+] 1 user Likes Stuffed_Assumption_Meringue's post
13-01-2015, 05:21 PM
We Still Kill the Old Way - 9/10

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt3157224/?ref_=nv_sr_1

Great movie, a must see.

[Image: a6505fe8.jpg]
I have a theory that the truth is never told during the nine-to-five hours.
-Hunter S. Thompson
22-01-2015, 08:18 AM
The Neighbors - 4/10

It wasn't that funny, kind of stupid. Just not my kind of film.

Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day; teach a man to fish and he will eat for a lifetime; give a man religion and he will die praying for a fish.
22-01-2015, 03:42 PM
Theory of Everything

Brilliant. Just brilliant.

[Image: a6505fe8.jpg]
I have a theory that the truth is never told during the nine-to-five hours.
-Hunter S. Thompson
[+] 2 users Like Filox's post
25-01-2015, 08:15 AM
Into The Storm - 6.5/10

Not a bad movie, not the best either. Its a documentary style film that goes horribly wrong. Has great special effects and lots of tech involved so it was rather fun to watch. Though, not everything was accurate and some of it was far fetched, but what do you expect for a B movie? Also some characters just randomly disappear which I thought was weird.

I say its not worth buying, wait till it comes out on Netflix. I rented it on demand for $6. Its worth a watch though.

Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day; teach a man to fish and he will eat for a lifetime; give a man religion and he will die praying for a fish.
25-01-2015, 08:14 PM
American Sniper - meh/10

My co-workers were raving about how great this movie was, and now I know why. It was basically two hours of "Guns, Guns, Guns! Jeebus, Murica is the best damn country!, Yeehaww! Jeebus, Guns Guns Guuuuns, Texas!, Kill all them turrurists!! Git r' Dooone"

Also, I think I can count on one hand the number of Iraqi people in this movie who weren't terrorists.

If we came from dust, then why is there still dust?
[+] 1 user Likes cactus's post
25-01-2015, 09:31 PM
I watched half of Birdman...

First movie I had to stop since watching that shitty Tree of Life movie. It's better than that, at least..

I'll finish it eventually, but I don't have high hopes.
26-01-2015, 03:47 PM
The Interview....omfg it was hysterical.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 1 user Likes Momsurroundedbyboys's post
26-01-2015, 04:29 PM
(25-01-2015 09:31 PM)WeAreTheCosmos Wrote:  I watched half of Birdman...

First movie I had to stop since watching that shitty Tree of Life movie. It's better than that, at least..

I'll finish it eventually, but I don't have high hopes.

I don't like you anymore! Sadcryface2 But I think Birdman is the best thing since people realized sliced bread was overrated and rejoiced in great loafs of bread. Wink To each their own bread.

But I just watched Good Will Hunting again. It's still a top notch perfect score, 42/42

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
[+] 3 users Like ClydeLee's post