Rate the Last Film You've Seen

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Votes - 5 Average
27-01-2015, 02:57 PM
RE: Rate the Last Film You've Seen
American sniper

I just love Clint Eastwood's movies and this is a good movie.

[Image: a6505fe8.jpg]
I have a theory that the truth is never told during the nine-to-five hours.
-Hunter S. Thompson
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Filox's post
27-01-2015, 05:22 PM
Imitation Game

10 of 10

Period film - London, WWII.
Great cinematography- I could smell the drizzle & damp.
Great costuming- a beautifully fitted pinstriped spy amongst tweedy types, everyone wears hats and the homey world looks a warm, lush bronze, although red is the deepest, most true and solid crimson I've seen on screen in years. Again, cinematography was all about saturation.

Story - Brilliant and painful and true.

Maybe now more people will understand why Alan Turing has always been not just a personal hero of mine but a hero to the world.

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 4 users Like kim's post
28-01-2015, 09:04 AM
Lucy - 9/10

I really enjoyed watching this film, it was very entertaining.

While the story is fictional, it totally gives us something to think about. How more powerful could our brain become through evolution? I know we probably won't ever be able to do the superhuman powers depicted in the film, but in theory it's possible to have some form of superhuman powers.

Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day; teach a man to fish and he will eat for a lifetime; give a man religion and he will die praying for a fish.
28-01-2015, 01:35 PM
(28-01-2015 09:04 AM)nerwin Wrote:  Lucy - 9/10

While the story is fictional, it totally gives us something to think about. How more powerful could our brain become through evolution? I know we probably won't ever be able to do the superhuman powers depicted in the film, but in theory it's possible to have some form of superhuman powers.

Not without a use or a mechanism...

We use nearly all of our brains already, as evolution wouldn't allow for wasteful, unused portions to remain. They take up space and require energy to build and maintain. If they weren't being used, they would diminish and disappear over time.

The brain uses the body to act upon the world. For us to physically impact our surroundings, we need a mechanism for doing so... Even manipulation of airborn signals requires some organ that can manifest the manipulations you imagine. Simply levitating things with the brain doesn't make any sense.
[+] 1 user Likes WeAreTheCosmos's post
29-01-2015, 09:13 PM
(28-01-2015 09:04 AM)nerwin Wrote:  Lucy - 9/10

I just watched it. I'm not a big fan of the movie. I realize it's science-fiction, but they totally threw reality out the window. Spicing up a story with plausible science makes it more interesting. This is not even remotely plausible.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like ghostexorcist's post
29-01-2015, 09:17 PM
I'm planning on watching the secretary tonight.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

29-01-2015, 10:04 PM
(29-01-2015 09:17 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  I'm planning on watching the secretary tonight.

And we thought the Neanderthal thread was getting hot..

I just watched a movie called Shrink a few days ago. The Hollywood and a writer making a story in a day or two aspects of it were lame, but the Kevin Spacey as a therapist getting high elements made it enjoyably an average flick.

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
[+] 1 user Likes ClydeLee's post
29-01-2015, 10:08 PM
(29-01-2015 10:04 PM)ClydeLee Wrote:  
(29-01-2015 09:17 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  I'm planning on watching the secretary tonight.

And we thought the Neanderthal thread was getting hot..

I just watched a movie called Shrink a few days ago. The Hollywood and a writer making a story in a day or two aspects of it were lame, but the Kevin Spacey as a therapist getting high elements made it enjoyably an average flick.

I have sex crush on Kevin Spacey. I don't really know why.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 1 user Likes Momsurroundedbyboys's post
31-01-2015, 01:03 AM
  • The Theory of Everything - 5 out of 5
  • The Imitation Game - 5 out of 5
  • Paddington - 5 out of 5 - I was pleasantly surprised that this "kids movie" had so much I could enjoy as an adult.

Sapere aude
[+] 1 user Likes f stop's post
31-01-2015, 12:33 PM
Interstellar.

Went straight into my top ten all time fave films. A great sci-fi flick that explores a future where our species needs to leave the planet, with many twists and turns, amazing visuals and score.

10/10

I feel so much, and yet I feel nothing.
I am a rock, I am the sky, the birds and the trees and everything beyond.
I am the wind, in the fields in which I roar. I am the water, in which I drown.
[+] 1 user Likes bemore's post