Rate the Last Film You've Seen

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Votes - 5 Average
10-02-2015, 01:03 AM
RE: Rate the Last Film You've Seen
(09-02-2015 11:53 PM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  Man of Tai Chi

If you like martial-arts movies? 9/10

If you have a natural aversion to Keanu Reeves? 4/10

You get to see Reeve's real life friend, and former Matrix stunt coordinator and trainer, Tiger Chen beat the shit out of people with Tai Chi. Fucking Tai Chi. That's right, that slow-moving meditative stuff you see old Asian people practicing in rock gardens. It's also the only movie I've ever seen that has managed to make the 'underground fight scene' motivation bollocks seem reasonably plausible.

Also, directed by Keanu Reeves.

9 out of 10? really? I mean it was ok but it certainly wasn't 9/10..
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
10-02-2015, 01:10 AM
(10-02-2015 01:03 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  
(09-02-2015 11:53 PM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  Man of Tai Chi

If you like martial-arts movies? 9/10

If you have a natural aversion to Keanu Reeves? 4/10

You get to see Reeve's real life friend, and former Matrix stunt coordinator and trainer, Tiger Chen beat the shit out of people with Tai Chi. Fucking Tai Chi. That's right, that slow-moving meditative stuff you see old Asian people practicing in rock gardens. It's also the only movie I've ever seen that has managed to make the 'underground fight scene' motivation bollocks seem reasonably plausible.

Also, directed by Keanu Reeves.

9 out of 10? really? I mean it was ok but it certainly wasn't 9/10..

Hey Muffs, what time is it there? It’s 2am here.

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
10-02-2015, 01:16 AM
(10-02-2015 01:03 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  9 out of 10? really? I mean it was ok but it certainly wasn't 9/10..

Kiwi's don't like it.

11/10

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
10-02-2015, 06:19 AM
I saw Man of Tai Chi on a plane a while back. It was better than I expected. It was a weird mix of Hong Kong action/semi-comedy with a serious western style direction imposed unevenly throughout the presentation. I had low expectations for the plot development but it surprised me a little on the upside and I enjoyed the film more as it went on. I'd give it a 6/10 rather than a 9 though Wink

Give me your argument in the form of a published paper, and then we can start to talk.
10-02-2015, 06:28 AM
American Sniper

6 out of 10.

A bit too formulaic, and mucho forced flag waving.......

Plus -- I didn't buy the 2000 yard shot. It'd be tough on a still day with no wind, from a concrete embankment. Windy as hell - off a 275 gallon fuel oil drum??

Bullshit...

Just

Bullshit....

Typical Hollywood

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
10-02-2015, 06:32 AM
(09-02-2015 11:17 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  Jupiter Ascending

There is a line in the movie where it is explained that the most valuable thing in the universe is time.

Well, I wish I could have my two hours back. The movie was every cliche from every sic-fi movie rolled into one. It was awful...really, truly awful.

I still wanna see it but no one wants to go with me. Sadcryface2

living word
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
10-02-2015, 06:34 AM
Amazing how they can make a movie look great in the trailers....

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
10-02-2015, 06:41 AM
The Clouds of Sils Maria

An aging actress signs up to play the role of the older woman opposite the young seductress which was the role that launched her career. Yes, it's a bunch of drama, and yes, I watched it because Kristen Stewart, but it was genuinely warm and funny and pretty cool, a sneak peek into the lives of actors and the demands playing a role requires of them.

Oh, and crazy gorgeous scenery of the Swiss Alps (Sils Maria being an alpine town).

5/5

living word
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
10-02-2015, 06:49 AM (This post was last modified: 10-02-2015 06:55 AM by H4ym4n.)
Rudderless

5 star. Excellent writing. Great cast.

Netflix.

10-02-2015, 09:38 AM
(10-02-2015 06:32 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  
(09-02-2015 11:17 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  Jupiter Ascending

There is a line in the movie where it is explained that the most valuable thing in the universe is time.

Well, I wish I could have my two hours back. The movie was every cliche from every sic-fi movie rolled into one. It was awful...really, truly awful.

I still wanna see it but no one wants to go with me. Sadcryface2

Your friends are smarter than you are Tongue

Really, there’re doing you a favor.

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce