Rate the Last Film You've Seen

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Votes - 5 Average
11-03-2015, 11:07 PM
RE: Rate the Last Film You've Seen
Big Hero Six

Awesome and beautiful animation, fun characters, good jokes, cool action scenes, and well done sad moments.

Plus, this might just be the most pro-science animated movie in existence, by a long shot.

Has slightly awkward pacing and an incredibly obvious "twist", though.

9/10

Popcorn I put more thought into fiction than theists put into reality.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
14-03-2015, 09:12 PM
Alien 9,5/10

Awesome in every way except that it just takes far too long for the movie to begin.
14-03-2015, 09:39 PM
The Theory of Everything

Terrific performances, moving story...that it is based on Hawking is a bonus. 9/10

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 1 user Likes Full Circle's post
14-03-2015, 10:57 PM
(11-03-2015 11:07 PM)CleverUsername Wrote:  Big Hero Six

Awesome and beautiful animation, fun characters, good jokes, cool action scenes, and well done sad moments.

Plus, this might just be the most pro-science animated movie in existence, by a long shot.

Has slightly awkward pacing and an incredibly obvious "twist", though.

9/10

Much of it was good, some was incredibly cheesy...

Big Hero - 6 out of 10
16-03-2015, 12:21 PM
John Wick

If you really like bloody, ex-hit-man-out-for-revenge movies, and I do, then 5 stars out of 5. Otherwise pass it by. I found the cutsie subtitles annoying.

Sapere aude
16-03-2015, 12:28 PM
(14-03-2015 09:39 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  The Theory of Everything

Terrific performances, moving story...that it is based on Hawking is a bonus. 9/10
If there were a god then The Theory of Everything and The Imitation Game would have tied for the Oscar for Best Picture.

There have been six ties in Oscar history.

Sapere aude
[+] 1 user Likes f stop's post
16-03-2015, 02:21 PM
(16-03-2015 12:21 PM)f stop Wrote:  John Wick

If you really like bloody, ex-hit-man-out-for-revenge movies, and I do, then 5 stars out of 5. Otherwise pass it by. I found the cutsie subtitles annoying.

I'm watching this tonight. I'm worried that every review I've seen for it in this thread goes:

"If you like ______, it's great.. Otherwise, skip it."
"It's great. If you don't like kklatu reeves, skip it."
Etc..

I'm not really a fan of the revenge flick or neo; not a hater either though.
16-03-2015, 02:29 PM
Cinderella 4/5. The prince wasn't manly enough (too much makeup) Tongue

Don't recommend it for, well, men. Saw it with the women in my family, it was fun.

"If there's a single thing that life teaches us, it's that wishing doesn't make it so." - Lev Grossman
[+] 1 user Likes Nurse's post
16-03-2015, 02:43 PM
Laughed all the way through...
[Image: Animal_Crackers_Movie_Poster.jpg]
at my art house cinema.

A most memorable moment wasn't exactly on the screen, though. A few seats across the way from me in the theater, an older couple had brought their little granddaughter who might have been about 7 or 8 years old. During a scene where Harpo, Chico, & Groucho are blatantly cheating in a game of bridge with Dumont and another woman. At a point when the cheating became completely ridiculous, I heard the little girl ask her grandparents exasperatedly, "How many ace of spades are there?!?".

SO worth the $6 price of admission. Big Grin

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 2 users Like kim's post
16-03-2015, 03:34 PM
Rate the Last Film You've Seen
The Lazarus Effect
7/10

A group of scientists (and the photographer) are looking for a way to keep death at bay so that doctors have more time to heal patients. Instead, the lead finds out he can revive the deceased.

It has the feeling of older horror movies. Part of it is suspense, part of it is gore. Not much of a plot, and a lot of it is predictable.

The woman who does is Catholic, and her fiancé isn't. They disagree on the idea of a soul and the claim that the brain is flooded with DMT upon death.

Upon being resurrected, the patient's brain goes into overdrive. They address the urban legend that we only use 10% of our brains. However, they just say if we used all of our brain at once, this stuff would be possible.

Yes, I know I'm being picky.

But they don't address if it's still the woman turned evil, or if it's an evil that took over.

And wtf... She makes more?