Rate the Last Film You've Seen

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Votes - 5 Average
27-03-2015, 10:50 PM (This post was last modified: 27-03-2015 10:58 PM by Anjele.)
RE: Rate the Last Film You've Seen
(17-03-2015 05:39 PM)Anjele Wrote:  I watched the first two parts of The Hobbit again. MEH...still like LOTR better but was preparing for the third installment which will be delivered next week. I have to see this through... sigh...Please, Chas, don't burn my embassy. Undecided

Watched part three tonight and it was blah...overall the Hobbit marathon was a giant waste of time. LOTR I will watch again. The Hobbit - probably not. A huge disappointment.

edit - Guess I should actually post a rating, 2/10 maybe 3/10 and that's for the costuming, scenery, and music.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
06-04-2015, 04:18 PM
Big Eyes.....the story of the woman who created those big eyed waifs in the 70s.
Her husband, a great promotor, ended up claiming he was the artist and received all the credit. It all ended up in court. 7/10
07-04-2015, 04:49 AM
(18-03-2015 11:50 AM)WeAreTheCosmos Wrote:  John Wick

Great action and gunplay
Uninspired story

7/10 - worth watching once.

Hell yeah, one of my favorite action movies. Written and directed by a pair who up until now had been professional Hollywood stuntmen, and it shows.

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
09-04-2015, 03:23 AM
Fury

WW2 movie filled with cliche characters and lacking a real plot. Good casting, solid acting, and gritty as hell.

6/10 - I'd watch it again on a rainy day.
12-04-2015, 09:51 AM
Just watched Melancholia. Pretty frustrating that it focused on a depressing troll whore for an hour and a half, when there was a perfectly beautiful sci-fi plot to explore. I mean... Another fucking planet emerges and approaches Earth, and were stuck staring at Kirsten Dunst's fucked up teeth and turtle lips while she mopes about and ruins peoples days. Couldn't wait for that inevitable ending.

3/10
[+] 2 users Like WeAreTheCosmos's post
12-04-2015, 10:10 AM
(12-04-2015 09:51 AM)WeAreTheCosmos Wrote:  Just watched Melancholia. Pretty frustrating that it focused on a depressing troll whore for an hour and a half, when there was a perfectly beautiful sci-fi plot to explore. I mean... Another fucking planet emerges and approaches Earth, and were stuck staring at Kirsten Dunst's fucked up teeth and turtle lips while she mopes about and ruins peoples days. Couldn't wait for that inevitable ending.

3/10

That whole movie felt so much like one of those restless dreams that you keep repeating over and over and over in one night. You are frustrated and annoyed, and can't just sleep peacefully already! I was waiting for something to happen the entire movie. It just felt... Constipated, like get going with an actual story already.
[+] 1 user Likes Smercury44's post
12-04-2015, 10:11 AM
Watched Home last night. It was a cute kids movie, nothing special, but of course for me the main character's cat stole the whole show for me Big Grin

6/10
12-04-2015, 11:33 PM (This post was last modified: 12-04-2015 11:40 PM by Momsurroundedbyboys.)
Watched Captain America: The Winter soldier 7/10. Good movie...stopped my heart briefly but turned out ok in the end. Does leave loose ends behind.

Then watched finally Guardians of the Galaxy 8/10....
Ok...the movie itself probably isn't worth that, highly entertaining, watchable and fun. The reason though for the 8 stars introduction to an Infinity Stone -- waaaaaay badass. Completely unexpected too, as was Thanos.

I see an Infinity Gauntlet/war/Crusade Tie-in the future. I hope at least.

Can I say I loved the infinity Gauntlet and the Infinity War comics?

Still got them too. Big Grin might have to give them another look. We need to bring in Warlock and damnit Silversufer too.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 1 user Likes Momsurroundedbyboys's post
13-04-2015, 12:12 AM
(12-04-2015 11:33 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  Watched Captain America: The Winter soldier 7/10. Good movie...stopped my heart briefly but turned out ok in the end. Does leave loose ends behind.

Then watched finally Guardians of the Galaxy 8/10....
Ok...the movie itself probably isn't worth that, highly entertaining, watchable and fun. The reason though for the 8 stars introduction to an Infinity Stone -- waaaaaay badass. Completely unexpected too, as was Thanos.

I see an Infinity Gauntlet/war/Crusade Tie-in the future. I hope at least.

Can I say I loved the infinity Gauntlet and the Infinity War comics?

Still got them too. Big Grin might have to give them another look. We need to bring in Warlock and damnit Silversufer too.

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes EvolutionKills's post
13-04-2015, 02:05 AM (This post was last modified: 13-04-2015 02:50 AM by Alex K.)
Saw Iron man 1+2 for the first time.

6/10
6/10

Nice light entertainment, bonus points for particle collider in living room.

My problem is that comic books do nothing for me, so the fact that so many sf fantasy movies nowadays are based on them is more of an annoyance to me than anything else

Quantum Physics: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.
[+] 1 user Likes Alex K's post