Rate the Last Film You've Seen

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Votes - 5 Average
10-06-2012, 09:32 AM
RE: Rate the Last Film You've Seen
(28-05-2012 01:44 PM)lucradis Wrote:  Finally watched the entirety of Troll Hunter last night.

You know, I really enjoyed it. It has a pretty decent build up and interesting characters. My favorite part was when the new camerawoman arrives. "She's Muslim, is that ok?" "I don't know, we'll find out"
The ending didn't answer any of the character questions but that's ok, mainly because what happens after barely matters.
8/10. Campy, but in a good way.

I also watched Hot Fuzz again on a rather sleepless night. I love that movie. You know why? there aren't a lot of movies with old women getting a flying double kick to the face anymore. Also Shit just got real.

I'm pleased to know there are other people liked Troll Hunter. I feel less alone in the world.

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
10-06-2012, 10:55 AM
Dude Troll Hunter was really well done.
I couldn't care less what genre a movie is so long as it's well done, or cheesy by accident. This movie deserves more attention. There are a lot of bad movies in the genre and this will likely make less money than the majority of them.

"I think of myself as an intelligent, sensitive human being with the soul of a clown which always forces me to blow it at the most important moments." -Jim Morrison
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
10-06-2012, 09:56 PM
Red.

I've put off seeing this movie so many times now I can't remember.

It has a bunch of big names and it's about retired CIA operatives. It's a comedy.

The trailers all looked good but when it came time to see it I suddenly didn't feel like it. But now I've been forced to watch it. It's pretty dang good. The action is surprisingly fun to watch but that doesn't matter. The comedy is well implemented in this far fetched plot. Oddly I found myself really enjoying the character and performance of one John Malkovich.

I've never hated the guy but other than in shadow of the bat, he's always kin of bugged me. He's just hilarious in this movie though. Most of the good laughs are his.

Will watch again. Enjoyed it all the way to the credits. Muldova sucks.

"I think of myself as an intelligent, sensitive human being with the soul of a clown which always forces me to blow it at the most important moments." -Jim Morrison
11-06-2012, 11:05 PM
Has anyone seen MIB III yet?

I loved the first two. Very entertaining and pretty funny.

I may be a little biased as I just love Will Smith Heart
Drooling

Humankind Dodgy (a total misnomer)
11-06-2012, 11:19 PM
Kidz in this joint watched MIB III twice so it must be alright. Can't get me outta the house to go watch a movie. Gotta be able to pause it to go have a smoke or get some munchies, gotta be able to rewind if there's some Gwynnies... or pause it and get stuck for a while... Heart uh... where was I?

Oh, I haven't seen shit recently worth mentioning recently, 'cept for The Last Winter, a made for Showtime horror flick which was pretty cool.

[Image: ZF1ZJ4M.jpg]
[+] 1 user Likes houseofcantor's post
11-06-2012, 11:35 PM
(11-06-2012 11:19 PM)houseofcantor Wrote:  Kidz in this joint watched MIB III twice so it must be alright. Can't get me outta the house to go watch a movie. Gotta be able to pause it to go have a smoke or get some munchies, gotta be able to rewind if there's some Gwynnies... or pause it and get stuck for a while... Heart uh... where was I?
I know what you mean! Wink

Well, it sounds like it could be alright, thanks Smile

Humankind Dodgy (a total misnomer)
26-06-2012, 12:08 AM
God Bless America

10/10
This is a must see movie. It's the story of Frank who has hit rock bottom in life while facing a terminal illness. Before committing suicide, he decides that instead of killing himself he should purge society of the people who truly deserve to die.

It is a comedy/crime movie. Good acting. Great writing and special affects. The only negative is that they ragged on the new Battlestar Galactica series. Angry

I loved how it could make me laugh but yet ended with a positive and modern day lesson that we all can learn from.

"The most valuable possession you can own is an open heart. The most powerful weapon you can be is an instrument of peace." -- Carlos Santana
[+] 1 user Likes Zephony's post
26-06-2012, 06:05 PM
Hanna. 3/5. Good action, but weird as hell

People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to us who do

-Isaac Asimov
26-06-2012, 06:07 PM
The Avengers. Twice. Eleven thumbs up. Smile
27-06-2012, 01:36 AM
Fuck me sideways I just watched possible the best thing ever in a movie ever.

Watching Law Abiding Citizen, brilliant movie so far by the way, and if you've ever seen it you know the part I mean when I say the judge picks up her phone, answers it and *FUCKING BANG!!!* That bitches head gets blown the fuck off!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That is the fuck I'm talking about son!

Second only to that one scene in that Walk dead episode where the little girl gets blown the fuck away.

[Image: oscar.png]
[+] 2 users Like earmuffs's post