Rate the Last Film You've Seen

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Votes - 5 Average
25-05-2015, 07:28 AM
RE: Rate the Last Film You've Seen
Super with Rainn Wilson. Completely ridiculous. I loved it.

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
25-05-2015, 07:51 AM
Saturday, went to see Tomorrowland.

It was ok. It kinda dragged tho, and they didn't seem to flesh out the story very well. First half was visually nice.

4/10 Heart's

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

25-05-2015, 10:17 AM
Terminator 2.

It wasn't so much fun as when I watched it last. It seems old does not equals gold, though still for evening with beer it wasn't worst movie.

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
25-05-2015, 08:44 PM
Mad Max: Fury Road. Hated it. Furious amount of CGI. I've had enough CGI for the next decade.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
25-05-2015, 08:50 PM
Pitch Perfect 2. Went to see it with my best friend since we saw the first one together. 9/10. Liked it better than the first one, plus Anna Kendrick is enough for anyone to question their sexuality.

[Image: z555d8ccd8ce21.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes Helen_Damnation's post
25-05-2015, 09:41 PM
(25-05-2015 08:44 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  Mad Max: Fury Road. Hated it. Furious amount of CGI. I've had enough CGI for the next decade.

It didn't seem too bad with the CGI. I thought it was about as good as it could be, for a movie that's 95% desert vehicle combat.

That being said, way too high flash/substance ratio. Needed more character development on everybody and less shirt on Hardy.
[+] 1 user Likes WeAreTheCosmos's post
25-05-2015, 10:15 PM
(25-05-2015 09:41 PM)WeAreTheCosmos Wrote:  
(25-05-2015 08:44 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  Mad Max: Fury Road. Hated it. Furious amount of CGI. I've had enough CGI for the next decade.

It didn't seem too bad with the CGI. I thought it was about as good as it could be, for a movie that's 95% desert vehicle combat.

That being said, way too high flash/substance ratio. Needed more character development on everybody and less shirt on Hardy.

Totally yes on more character development and less shirt on Hardy Yes

[Image: esquire-may-edition-photoshoot-tom-hardy...0-1636.jpg]
25-05-2015, 11:08 PM
(25-05-2015 09:41 PM)WeAreTheCosmos Wrote:  

It's a Mad Max film not Citizen Kane; they blow shit up and have desert car chases. If that was not what you were looking for you went to the wrong film. Plus Flamethrowing electric guitar.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 2 users Like Revenant77x's post
26-05-2015, 04:43 AM
(25-05-2015 11:08 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(25-05-2015 09:41 PM)WeAreTheCosmos Wrote:  It didn't seem too bad with the CGI. I thought it was about as good as it could be, for a movie that's 95% desert vehicle combat.

It's a Mad Max film not Citizen Kane; they blow shit up and have desert car chases. If that was not what you were looking for you went to the wrong film. Plus Flamethrowing electric guitar.

Plus that movie has a metric fuck ton more of real props and practical effects than what generally passes for large action movies these days. It's by no means anywhere as obscene as a Transformers movie or the entirely green-screened Star Wars prequels or Gravity.

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes EvolutionKills's post
26-05-2015, 08:46 AM
(25-05-2015 11:08 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(25-05-2015 09:41 PM)WeAreTheCosmos Wrote:  It didn't seem too bad with the CGI. I thought it was about as good as it could be, for a movie that's 95% desert vehicle combat.

Well, I thought I'd go and see something I usually wouldn't go see, just so I don't get stuck in a movie rut, but damn, I'd have liked a little more dialogue. When things are continually blowing up for 20 minutes I get bored and start to check out my fingernails for chipped nailpolish or snags.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.