Rate the Last Film You've Seen

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Votes - 5 Average
26-05-2015, 10:51 AM
RE: Rate the Last Film You've Seen
Shit blowing up is why they INVENTED movies....

So you could watch it over and over.....

Big Grin

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
26-05-2015, 11:53 AM
Rate the Last Film You've Seen
I saw Mad Max and didn't hate it. But I feel it required you to have seen all the past Mad Max movies. Didn't go into Furiosa as much as they should have. Nux seemed to change a bit too fast.

I'm fine with less shirt on Hardy. I'm straight, so to balance it, less shirt on the wives at the end.
[+] 1 user Likes Clockwork's post
26-05-2015, 01:29 PM
(26-05-2015 10:51 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  Shit blowing up is why they INVENTED movies....

So you could watch it over and over.....

Big Grin

Watching thing blow up over and over again...... just......yawn.......

[Image: Lost-interest.jpg]

But I guess that's ok if you're a 22 year old male going on 12.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 1 user Likes dancefortwo's post
26-05-2015, 04:01 PM
(26-05-2015 11:53 AM)Clockwork Wrote:  I saw Mad Max and didn't hate it. But I feel it required you to have seen all the past Mad Max movies. Didn't go into Furiosa as much as they should have. Nux seemed to change a bit too fast.

I'm fine with less shirt on Hardy. I'm straight, so to balance it, less shirt on the wives at the end.

Yeah, now that you mentioned it some more back story on Furiosa would have been good.
[+] 1 user Likes Smercury44's post
26-05-2015, 06:26 PM
(26-05-2015 04:01 PM)Smercury44 Wrote:  
(26-05-2015 11:53 AM)Clockwork Wrote:  I saw Mad Max and didn't hate it. But I feel it required you to have seen all the past Mad Max movies. Didn't go into Furiosa as much as they should have. Nux seemed to change a bit too fast.

Yeah, now that you mentioned it some more back story on Furiosa would have been good.

It focused on Furiosa and not enough on Max in my opinion. He was more of a background character than anything else. My favorite part, however, had to do with the car religion. It was fascinating to see people sacrificing themselves so that they could walk the halls of a chrome-covered Valhalla.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like ghostexorcist's post
27-05-2015, 07:37 AM
I watched The Wicker Tree a few days ago.

Utterly pointless film. You know they are going to die.

The first one was amazing. One of my all time favourite movies. We were caught up in Edward Woodwards inveatigation.. We watched his reactions of disgust to the island folk... And then suffer death in a fantastic climax.

This film was going to fail from the start. There was no point setting up any mystery of twist because we knew what the outcome would be. These two Americans were just placed in a Scottish town and wasted time until their non ritual like deaths.

Avoid
30-05-2015, 08:30 PM
Time Lapse.

Fantastic movie. Great concept, well executed and nice twist at the end you're unlikely to predict.
[+] 2 users Like earmuffs's post
30-05-2015, 10:49 PM
Tried to watch Good Luck Chuck....stupid movie. Not funny in the slightest. Dane cook is a terrible comedian and his acting is worse.
[+] 1 user Likes Hobbitgirl's post
31-05-2015, 01:37 AM
(30-05-2015 08:30 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  Time Lapse.

Fantastic movie. Great concept, well executed and nice twist at the end you're unlikely to predict.

I watched that one yesterday. I also really enjoyed it.

Time Lapse:
7 / 10 - Note that the majority of points lost were simply due to low budget production value.

What I just finished watching was another low budget movie, Coherence. While Time Lapse focused on a single timeline, Coherence is less about time travel, and more about parallel universes. I'm not exactly sure why, but there were a few parts in the movie that sent shivers down my spine... and I'm still not sure what the ending means. Worth a watch

Coherence:
7.5 / 10 - Another low budget movie, slightly better production than Time Lapse
31-05-2015, 01:47 AM
Quote: Note that the majority of points lost were simply due to low budget production value.

I think that's part of its charm.
Not every movie needs to have millions of dollars spent on CG effects and big star actors. Often the best movies come from rising directors or student directors who have a fantastic idea and are able to put it onto film despite not having millions of dollars in backing.

Large corporations, such as Warner, have so much money and yet they turn out pretty cookie cutter movies.
Ultimately a movie is all about the story, the concept, the twists and characters etc.. not just about high resolution cameras and big star actors.