Rate the Last Film You've Seen

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Votes - 5 Average
14-06-2015, 07:44 PM
RE: Rate the Last Film You've Seen
(30-05-2015 08:30 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  Time Lapse.

Fantastic movie. Great concept, well executed and nice twist at the end you're unlikely to predict.

Just found it on the net. Gonna watch it now. Thanks!

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Banjo's post
14-06-2015, 08:38 PM
(14-06-2015 07:37 PM)Banjo Wrote:  
(14-06-2015 07:35 PM)beeglez Wrote:  Yeah, the dialog didn't really add a whole lot!

Do you think I should just watch the Japanese version and fill in the dialogue myself?

Hard to say if that's literally true since I saw it WITH the English dialogue. Basically, the plot line is very similar. Instead of the old guy putting his grandkids in peril of being consumed by dinosaurs, it's a hot woman putting her nephews in danger. One of the kids is a dinosaur freak, just like in the original. Instead of the hacker trying to make money from smuggling dinosaur embryos, there is a security contractor (poorly cast with Vincent D'Onofrio who wants to make money by militarizing dinosaurs (yes, seriously). Dinosaurs escape, chaos ensues, some people die, dinosaurs fight each other at the end.
14-06-2015, 08:42 PM
(14-06-2015 08:38 PM)beeglez Wrote:  Hard to say if that's literally true since I saw it WITH the English dialogue. Basically, the plot line is very similar. Instead of the old guy putting his grandkids in peril of being consumed by dinosaurs, it's a hot woman putting her nephews in danger. One of the kids is a dinosaur freak, just like in the original. Instead of the hacker trying to make money from smuggling dinosaur embryos, there is a security contractor (poorly cast with Vincent D'Onofrio who wants to make money by militarizing dinosaurs (yes, seriously). Dinosaurs escape, chaos ensues, some people die, dinosaurs fight each other at the end.

Got ya!

Currently watching Time lapse. Well it is paused due to a 30 minute phone call from # 1 student's dad telling me the adult band he is in treats him as an equal, not as a kid. And as the best musician in the band! (He is 14) They will support Sebastian Bach in September.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
Banjo.
14-06-2015, 08:58 PM
(14-06-2015 08:42 PM)Banjo Wrote:  ...
student's dad telling me the adult band he is in treats him as an equal, not as a kid. And as the best musician in the band! (He is 14)

Who is 14? The student's dad?

Typical drummer. More testosterone than brains

Drinking Beverage

14-06-2015, 09:04 PM
The student. Smile

There is a photo of him and I in the show yourself thread. (the student, not the dad) Wink

Banjo.
[+] 1 user Likes Banjo's post
15-06-2015, 12:38 AM (This post was last modified: 15-06-2015 04:28 AM by Banjo.)
Just finished Time Lapse.

It took me a while. It was okay.

Just found Jurassic World in english! Gonna watch it now.

(Later)

Okay I just watched JW. Very predictable. T Rex stole the show with an honorable mention to the plesiosaur.

All the humans were inconsequential.

Glad I did not pay to see it at the cinema. I got to watch it resting on my couch.

Banjo.
15-06-2015, 12:33 PM
Ok ... Love and Mercy (Brian Wilson bio pic)

Very upsetting. I don't like seeing people being emotionally & psychologically manipulated. Even though they showed very little of what went on between Brian and his "doctor", they presented enough to make me squirm. It was also just as difficult or more so, to see the outrageous behavior of his own father - the guy was a piece of shit!

I am glad that most of the film concerns the Beach Boy's early musical years and what lead Brian to just shut off from everything. But overall, the film seemed slightly lacking - almost incomplete. His life was so split into such very distinct parts that each part could be a film on its own. Maybe it's just a teaser to get people to read a more fleshed out biography of Brian ... and it worked! On me, anyway. I'm dying to get all the nitty gritty details now. Shy

As an "arty bio pic" type film, it was well done - especially the sound!! And of course, the music - all very nicely covered. I kind of hope it helps put Brian's work into greater perspective- he's a brilliant musician & composer.

Mike Love is a shallow, money grubbing asshole who cares nothing about the music or anyone but himself. Whew, that felt good. Shy

I'd give it about a 7 out of 10.

It's a good peek into what this guy has had to put up with all his life, while all he wanted to do was make the music he heard in his head.

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 1 user Likes kim's post
17-06-2015, 08:38 AM
Unbreakable.

Great great movie.

[Image: oscar.png]
20-06-2015, 08:41 PM
Lost Boys 4/5- haven't seen this beast in 20 years. Big Grin

Funny how shit gets dated when you ain't paying attention.

[Image: ZF1ZJ4M.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes houseofcantor's post
20-06-2015, 11:19 PM (This post was last modified: 21-06-2015 09:33 AM by Cosmic Discourse.)
I caught a double feature yesterday "Jurassic World" & "Dope". JW was for me, as expected. A fun summer blockbuster, shallow on depth but filled with action/adventure and sprinklings of comedy throughout.

"Dope" is on my short list of favorite films for 2015. It's a modern coming of age story, told from a multi cultural perspective. Lots of 90's references and a quality soundtrack.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Cosmic Discourse's post