Rate the Last Film You've Seen

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Votes - 5 Average
19-07-2015, 11:36 PM
RE: Rate the Last Film You've Seen
It was clearly never intended to be more than a B-movie, but under the same set of standards applied to such great films as Sharknado, it was all right. I certainly enjoyed it, once I got over how badly they were (as all films do) misrepresenting how LARPing actually works for comedy effect. No matter. At least they didn't portray us as badly as the morons who made Role Models... while hilarious, that shit was so far removed from (our fake) reality that it came across as just someone yelling, "Huh huh huh, NERRRRRDS!" Tongue

As far as this film, I loved Dinklage in it, but I was shocked at all the cameos... Joshua Malina (from The West Wing), for instance. And the dude from Community was entertaining. I'm sure there were others but all the blood rushed out of my brain when Summer Glau showed up wearing pterges and little else, and I stopped retaining information.

Overall, I enjoyed the heck out of it. Perfect B-movie for popcorn. Smile

Edit to Add: (In case the title wasn't your first clue you weren't sitting down to a serious historical drama.)

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
21-07-2015, 06:36 AM
Ted 2.

ehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

[Image: oscar.png]
05-08-2015, 10:41 AM
[Image: Justice_League_Gods_vs._Monsters_Bluray_Cover.jpg]

Justice League: Gods and Monsters

The latest in DC animations dvd offerings JL:G&M is an interesting Elseworlds take on the concept of DC's trinity. Superman is the biological son of General Zod Wonder Woman is from New Genesis and Batman is not Bruce Wayne but is rather an alternate version of Man-Bat. If you like the older DC animation (like the Adventures of Superman) definitely check it out. Has kind of a mid-90's feel to it. The story and characters are self contained so if you are not familiar with the DC universe this would still be an interesting watch.

Score 8/10

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
05-08-2015, 11:08 AM
Watched "Particle Fever" last night on Netflix. If you're into particle physics, whether theoretical or experimental, it's worth a viewing. Highly recommended!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Cosmic Discourse's post
09-08-2015, 12:04 PM
Jurassic World.

Pretty good but it needed about 20% more dinosaur scenes.

[Image: spore_creature___placerias_png_by_tote_m...7onlgm.png]" Placerias tastes amazing. " --- Me
09-08-2015, 01:04 PM
Minions....

"Needs more Dragon" -- Muffs

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 1 user Likes onlinebiker's post
14-08-2015, 06:07 AM
Mad Max Fury Road.
I really liked it. Great movie.

[Image: oscar.png]
14-08-2015, 06:57 AM
I fucking hate LARP with the fire of a thousand suns. Angry

Fierce People, 2/5. Kinda senseless and stupid; but since I just watched it for the KStew, I was entertained. Big Grin

[Image: ZF1ZJ4M.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
14-08-2015, 08:28 AM
Ant Man
As someone who is tired of the big dumb heroics of the avengers moves Ant Man ranks alongside Guardians of the Galaxy as one of my favourite Marvel movies. In contrast to Guardians, Ant Man brings things back to a much more confined setting and personal level in a way that some won't like but I really enjoyed. I took the wife and kids and this seemed the common verdict among all comers. I give it 9/10.

Give me your argument in the form of a published paper, and then we can start to talk.
14-08-2015, 09:00 AM
Never heard of Ant man.

I saw The Kingsmen. It was a lot of silly fun. Especially the mass murder scene in the Baptist church. Smile

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
[+] 1 user Likes Banjo's post