Rate the Last Film You've Seen

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Votes - 5 Average
27-06-2012, 04:25 AM
RE: Rate the Last Film You've Seen
Oh yeah, Law Abiding Citizen is one of the best movies ever. Fucking A+.

[Image: a6505fe8.jpg]
I have a theory that the truth is never told during the nine-to-five hours.
-Hunter S. Thompson
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Filox's post
27-06-2012, 06:46 AM
(27-06-2012 04:25 AM)Filox Wrote:  Oh yeah, Law Abiding Citizen is one of the best movies ever. Fucking A+.
y nobody tell me this sooner?

[Image: oscar.png]
27-06-2012, 07:40 AM
(27-06-2012 01:36 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  Watching Law Abiding Citizen, brilliant movie so far by the way, and if you've ever seen it you know the part I mean when I say the judge picks up her phone, answers it and *FUCKING BANG!!!* That bitches head gets blown the fuck off!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That is the fuck I'm talking about son!

Blink Man, you have some issues... let's see...

1) plays Diablo
2) listens to dubstep
3) enjoys exploding heads

Conclusion is obvious. Psycho killer in the making. Big Grin

Adventureland - which is reminiscent of a John Hughes flick - and has Kristen Stewart in it. I don't know wft peeps are talking about, hating on Kristen. She's just fucking mint, and peeps are dumb. Tongue

[Image: ZF1ZJ4M.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 3 users Like houseofcantor's post
27-06-2012, 07:45 AM
Bernie

Independent film written and directed by Richard Linklater. It's part documentary and part drama... or comedy, depending on one's view of Texas. Linklater's characters are always about truth -well, their kind of truth- well, what they're willing to believe is the truth. It is based on a true story and stars Jack Black and Shirley MacLaine.

Well done. It's not for everyone, I'd say it's around a 7. Thumbsup

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
27-06-2012, 08:42 AM
4 years in Singapore and at last had time to catch my first movie here... The Dictator.
I went with 2 Thai girls and a Vietnamese girl.
They were wetting themselves over the visual gags (Dictator's goat-herding double milking a hot chicks breasts) and I was ooh-ing and ouch-ing over the satire (recommending Dictatorship over Democracy to a US delegation by advocating e.g. no health care, and, well, everything American ... and lines like "I love it when women go to school. It's like seeing a monkey on roller skates -- it means nothing to them, but it's so adorable for us")
Lots of levels of humour not always perfectly executed but certainly on a par with Borat.

[+] 1 user Likes DLJ's post
29-06-2012, 05:09 AM
Damn, damn damn, haven't seen the Dictator yet, I am sure it's going to be just the way it has to be.

"Ahhh, America, the birthplace of AIDS..."

Big Grin

[Image: a6505fe8.jpg]
I have a theory that the truth is never told during the nine-to-five hours.
-Hunter S. Thompson
29-06-2012, 10:38 PM
East of Eden. The first of the 3 James Dean flicks. I would give it a 8/10

I can see how people would dislike this film as it is a lot of Dean being a whiny Byronic punk. The things that caught my attention was how much one could analyze the sociological aspects of the film. There is a ton of morality that comes into question with this film as well as Rebel Without a Cause... It pretty much sums up perfectly the errors in the western, especially Christian teaching patterns to children or right and wrong being a failure. Its when the real world kicks in for a teenager and he sees things aren't that way like he thought, that everything goes haywire.

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
29-06-2012, 11:17 PM
Lock Up - 7/10

Was a pretty good movie actually.

[Image: oscar.png]
30-06-2012, 04:03 AM
Taken: 9/10 Never gets old no matter how many times I watch it.

Bury me with my guns on, so when I reach the other side - I can show him what it feels like to die.
Bury me with my guns on, so when I'm cast out of the sky, I can shoot the devil right between the eyes.
30-06-2012, 04:10 AM (This post was last modified: 30-06-2012 04:17 AM by Chas.)
(29-06-2012 05:09 AM)Filox Wrote:  Damn, damn damn, haven't seen the Dictator yet, I am sure it's going to be just the way it has to be.

"Ahhh, America, the birthplace of AIDS..."

Big Grin
Context?

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user