Rate the Last Film You've Seen

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Votes - 5 Average
19-09-2015, 07:30 PM
RE: Rate the Last Film You've Seen
Well last night I saw Star Trek Renegades and enjoyed it. Although I later discovered it was funded by fans. Set ten years after Voyager. Much prefered it to the damned reboots.

Then I watched Ant-man. Just another bloody comic book movie. Silly but ok.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
20-09-2015, 07:30 AM
I just watched two films that surprised me. The first was Against the sun. The story of a WWII American navy Devastator crew who went off course and spent 34 days on the Pacific in a raft. True story. They travelled over 1000 miles in a rubber raft.

The second was Above and beyond. The story of the fledgling Israeli air force in 1948. How they smuggled Czech and Spanish made German Me109's and various other aircraft into Israel and won the war. These pilots even had Luftwaffe uniforms! A Spielberg family film I believe. It was quite excellent. I know about those 109's being death traps but the Jews used them incredibly well.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
Banjo.
20-09-2015, 07:29 PM
The Gunman. Really good movie, well worth a watch.

Started watching the TV series Narcos. So far it's really good.

[Image: oscar.png]
22-09-2015, 06:25 AM
I just watched a stunning movie called Comet. It stars Justin Long and Emmy Rossum.
The film is about their off and on relationship over 6 years but is not in chronological order. Is it all a dream?

The two leads were exquisite in their roles. The direction sensitive and unnoticeable .The film totally drew me in and held me until the end. Very highly recommended.

Banjo.
22-09-2015, 06:10 PM
Rate the Last Film You've Seen
(19-09-2015 03:13 PM)Commonsensei Wrote:  What We Do in the Shadows

From the people that brought you Flight of the Conchords comes this crowed funded dark comedy.

A mockumentary about the private lives of vampires living in New Zealand. A group of Vampiric roommates go among their day to day undead lives. And how they cope with werewolves, zombies, vampire hunters and lost loves.

If that's not enough convince you. This is my favorite line.

Best film I've seen all year. Hilarious! 10/10.

"Werewolves, not swearwolves!"
"Count to ten, human again."
"We should kill them!" -- "Well let's see what other points of safety they have for us. Then maybe we'll kill them."

Sigh. We rented it twice. We never do that.

He's not the Messiah. He's a very naughty boy! -Brian's mum
25-09-2015, 10:05 PM
OMG I'm watching Tomorrowland and I just saw the most hilarious shit ever.
I gotta find it on youtube, it's 'hard' to explain. Later though.

[+] 1 user Likes earmuffs's post
26-09-2015, 02:24 AM
(25-09-2015 10:05 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  OMG I'm watching Tomorrowland and I just saw the most hilarious shit ever.
I gotta find it on youtube, it's 'hard' to explain. Later though.

I saw that film. Quite terrible. I sat through 20 minutes of Insurgent the other day. That was 20 minutes I'll never get back.

I did watch The theory of everything. That was very good.

Banjo.
26-09-2015, 07:12 PM
It wasn't that bad, I mean it was meh as fuck but still watchable. IMO.
Insurgent was the same IMO. average as fuck but watchable.

Gonna give the new Heroes TV show a crack. The original was so so so so good before the writers strike and it went to shit. Hopefully they can bring that greatness back because I seriously loved that show.

[+] 1 user Likes earmuffs's post
27-09-2015, 11:42 AM (This post was last modified: 27-09-2015 11:49 AM by Escape Artist.)
[Image: scanner_darkly_1.jpg]

I watched this one about a week ago. It has the look of a graphic novel, which I really liked. Big Grin And, just like the book it is based off of, it was a crazy, wild ride. Hobo That aspect can make it difficult to follow at times, but part of the point of the story is to be unable to differentiate between what is real and what is not. I loved Robert Downey Jr. in this. He is just awesome. So yeah, I enjoyed it quite a bit. I give this one 4 out of 5 hobos.

A Scanner Darkly: Hobo Hobo Hobo Hobo

[Image: l%C3%A5t%20den%20r%C3%A4tte2.jpg]

I just finished watching this one today. I've seen the American version before, and I've read the book as well (I read the book first before seeing either film). And I have to say I like this one better than the American version. I loved being able to listen to the Swedish language as a bonus. Smile

This movie followed the book more closely than the American version but there were still things that were glossed over as there are quite a few things in the book that in my opinion would be very difficult to deal with on-screen. If you've read the book, you likely know what I am speaking of.

The horror aspect is tuned down in relation to the American version of the film, focusing more on the relationship between Oskar and Eli, but this may make it more enjoyable, rather than less so.

I could go on, but I won't bore y'all. The movie is very touching. I give it five out of five hobos.

Let the Right One In: Hobo Hobo Hobo Hobo Hobo

[+] 2 users Like Escape Artist's post
27-09-2015, 12:41 PM
Ooooo let the right one in is soooo good! I watched the Swedish version first, it's still my favorite. I loved listening to the language too.

I hope that the world turns, and things get better. But what I hope most of all is that you understand what I mean when I tell you that, even though I do not know you, and even though I may never meet you, laugh with you, cry with you, or kiss you, I love you. With all my heart, I love you. - V for Vendetta
[+] 2 users Like Smercury44's post