Rate the Last Film You've Seen

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Votes - 5 Average
02-01-2016, 08:51 PM
RE: Rate the Last Film You've Seen
The Signal with Lawrence Fishburne...interesting sic-fi with some pretty suspensful scenes. Keeps you guessing the entire time. I’d recommend it. 7/10

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2910814/

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
03-01-2016, 05:23 PM
Hateful Eight.

5/10 meh as fuck.
Shitty acting (but than again Samuel is a shitty actor so...) and the story was weirdly told. It did that thing where it doesn't give you subtle hints towards the major twist because when it reveals the major twist it adds untold parts to the story, in this case the brother. Sorta just dragged on.
[+] 1 user Likes earmuffs's post
03-01-2016, 07:59 PM
Spotlight

What an incredible movie. It makes me so angry. I mean I was anti-religion to begin with but that makes me wanna blow up the Vatican. How do people defend the Catholic church?? How can you still be a Catholic after that and think that what the Church did was ok?? How the fuck did those priests get away with what they did? Seriously, how do people think that that's ok? How does that not piss people off and demand justice? Humankind is fucking sickening and the Catholic church is at the very center of that filth.

My moms a Catholic and if she fucking dares say "well you can say you're an atheist but I'm a Catholic so that makes you a Catholic whether you like it or not" she's not gonna hear the fucking end of it. Don't you dare fucking insult me like that, I am in no fucking way shape or form associated with that vial organization.
[+] 3 users Like earmuffs's post
04-01-2016, 04:50 AM
(03-01-2016 07:59 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  Don't you dare fucking insult me like that, I am in no fucking way shape or form associated with that vial organization.

Vial
-A small container, typically cylindrical and made of glass, used especially for holding liquid medicines.

Vile
-Extremely unpleasant.

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
04-01-2016, 06:43 AM
(04-01-2016 04:50 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  
(03-01-2016 07:59 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  Don't you dare fucking insult me like that, I am in no fucking way shape or form associated with that vial organization.

Vial
-A small container, typically cylindrical and made of glass, used especially for holding liquid medicines.

Vile
-Extremely unpleasant.

Maybe I meant to say vial, ever think about that!? WELL!! DID YA!!!
[+] 1 user Likes earmuffs's post
05-01-2016, 09:41 AM
Saw the current Star Wars.

Nope. Totally stupid movie.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
10-01-2016, 11:34 AM (This post was last modified: 10-01-2016 11:40 AM by Escape Artist.)
Europa Report - watched it on Netflix and I enjoyed it quite a bit. Big Grin I say, 4 out of 5 hobos. Hobo Hobo Hobo Hobo

ETA: Hmm, I don't think I ever mentioned that I watched 2001: A Space Odyssey recently as well. I enjoyed it too. It was weird and bizarre and gorgeous. Don't watch it if you can't handle a slow-paced movie. Fuck, what to rate it? That's very difficult. I want to say 5 out of 5 hobos just because it is such a gorgeous film and it's one of those science-fiction films you need to see at least once, imo, if you are into sci-fi. Hobo Hobo Hobo Hobo Hobo

[+] 2 users Like Escape Artist's post
10-01-2016, 11:40 AM
Watching right now, Absence of Malice, Paul Newman/Sally Field. I've watched it before, many times. Love this movie.

9/10

[Image: dnw9krH.jpg?4]
10-01-2016, 11:46 AM
Oh, how could I forget this piece of shit? Probably because I am reticent to give bad reviews. Shy

Snowpiercer - I love Chris Evans as Captain America, but even my fondness for him because of his portrayal as that character could not get me to finish this film. There is just so much stupid that I can't even begin to describe it, and even if I could, I wouldn't want to. Can I give negative hobos? Yes. Yes I can. This is my rating system and by god if I want negative hobos, I shall have them!!!

Negative 3 hobos! -Hobo -Hobo -Hobo

[+] 3 users Like Escape Artist's post
10-01-2016, 01:09 PM
The Experimenter.

Biography about Stanley Milgram and the experiments he did.

Not exactly the most fast paced of stories but having read about his experiments before it was an interesting subject matter. Had a few interestingly done scenes, like when driving in a car the background was so obviously fake like they used to film car scenes in the 50s onwards and some of the backgrounds in certain scenes were just obvioulsy paintings/pictures.

7/10

Children of Men

A film based in the UK in the year 2027 where nobody can have children any longer. After the collapse of most societies around the world the UK manages to keep some semblance of normality but has shut it borders and has a very strict immigration policy. Takes some twists and turns and overall its a really good movie.

8.5/10

I feel so much, and yet I feel nothing.
I am a rock, I am the sky, the birds and the trees and everything beyond.
I am the wind, in the fields in which I roar. I am the water, in which I drown.
[+] 1 user Likes bemore's post