Rate the Last Film You've Seen

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Votes - 5 Average
30-06-2012, 05:28 AM
RE: Rate the Last Film You've Seen
Chronicle - what a surprisingly good movie! 9/10 - I love the character developement Smile

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1706593/
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes daneimp's post
30-06-2012, 10:01 AM
Rare Exports: A Christmas Tale

A Finish film - I guess it would be science fiction or fantasy, but I also found it very funny -quite original.
WOW! Scientists excavate a "burial mound" and surrounding town's people start experiencing strange happenings.

Thumbsup I rate things pretty harshly, I think... but I'd say this is about a 9. Thumbsup

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 1 user Likes kim's post
02-07-2012, 05:35 AM
Chronicle was pretty great movie. Different than the rest of these super-powers movies.

A few days ago I've seen Taken. What a surprise! Liam Neeson is the new Steven Segal, the guy can break arms and beat Albanians like potatoes. A great movie, great fight scenes, I really enjoyed it.

Soon, we will have Taken 2 and the plot continues...

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1397280/

P.S.

Chas, that was just my reaction on mentioning the Dictator. The sentence is the one from the movie.

[Image: a6505fe8.jpg]
I have a theory that the truth is never told during the nine-to-five hours.
-Hunter S. Thompson
02-07-2012, 06:58 AM
The Runaways - 4/5. Kristen Stewart as Joan Jett - 5/5. Yeah, I've been on a Kristen kick lately; it helps somewhat with the other thing. Big Grin

[Image: ZF1ZJ4M.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes houseofcantor's post
02-07-2012, 08:09 AM
Donnie Darko 8/10

Loved the creepiness of the movie. Though it tried to be too many things at once... Kinda got confusing.

[Image: 0013382F-E507-48AE-906B-53008666631C-757...cc3639.jpg]
Credit goes to UndercoverAtheist.
04-07-2012, 03:31 AM
Disney/Pixar's Brave. Not their best. Certainly lacking in the magic and wonder that their previous films had. Very small cast of characters, especially compared to Toy Story. It was difficult to relate to the main character. Plot was quite predicable. Story was a bit cliche and it felt like they were trying to do too much at once.

Brave gets a 6/10. Despite its flaws, it kept me laughing for almost two hours.

[Image: 553193_635722216633_1026343474_n.jpg]
06-07-2012, 07:12 AM

If I'm watching it again, it must be alright. Thumbsup

[Image: ZF1ZJ4M.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
06-07-2012, 11:28 PM
The Amazing Spider-Man - 4/10

It was a plot hole sandwich with a side of boredom. There was absolutely no excuse for nobody figuring out that Peter was Spider-Man. The CGI looked awful. The parallels between the Lizard and Doctor Jekyll were never explored; he was just instantly crazy as soon as he took the drug. The foreshadowing was clumsy and annoying. There was no "with great power" speech. There was no J. Jonah Jameson. Peter Parker was a straight-up criminal (for no adequately explained reason, I might add) and never got punished for it. The list goes on and on and on and on. I just did not enjoy this movie at all.

"Owl," said Rabbit shortly, "you and I have brains. The others have fluff. If there is any thinking to be done in this Forest - and when I say thinking I mean thinking - you and I must do it."
- A. A. Milne, The House at Pooh Corner
07-07-2012, 06:20 AM
(06-07-2012 07:12 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  

If I'm watching it again, it must be alright. Thumbsup

Been a while since I watched that. Thanks.

I had "do not forsake me oh my darling" in my head for most of the film... I wonder why.

Never noticed before but the end music seems to be based on Holst's Uranus (ooh er) which is kinda odd as the action takes place on Io so perhaps they shoulda used Jupiter.

08-07-2012, 04:51 PM
The Big Year

Steve Martin, Jack Black, Owen Wilson and competitive birding as a metaphor for the absurdity of life. Thoroughly panned by critics and viewers alike, I fucking loved it. Wink

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus