Rate the Last Film You've Seen

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Votes - 5 Average
10-01-2016, 01:42 PM
RE: Rate the Last Film You've Seen
I loooove Children of Men! Heart

Been watching a lot of movies lately, but one of my favies was Rich Hill. A documentary about very poor teen boys growing up in small town MO. Touching, heartbreaking, wonderful look into their world. A bit slow in places, lots of b roll filler between stories. Sometimes it's great for a moment of introspection, sometimes it just slows down the movie a bit much. Still very much worth a watch. Excellent. Streaming on Netflix.

I hope that the world turns, and things get better. But what I hope most of all is that you understand what I mean when I tell you that, even though I do not know you, and even though I may never meet you, laugh with you, cry with you, or kiss you, I love you. With all my heart, I love you. - V for Vendetta
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Smercury44's post
11-01-2016, 03:23 AM
I just watched this again. I love this film.

Here it is.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
11-01-2016, 04:17 AM
(11-01-2016 03:23 AM)Banjo Wrote:  I just watched this again. I love this film.

Here it is.

Fabulous film, very clever.
[+] 1 user Likes Blessed_Cheesemaker's post
11-01-2016, 11:36 AM
Hateful Eight: 5/10

Could have been shorter - story was unimaginative and unimportant

So much unnecessary content, like watching a carriage take 10 minutes to roll up to a building with no plot development in that time. So many stupid bits, like random, mediocre narrator appearing after two hours, and a man almost freezing after only being outside for a couple minutes... And the story wasn't even interesting, so I expected some kind of moment of unforseen revelation, but no... It pretty much just unfolds as expected.

Sicario: 6.5/10

Could have been better - story was good, but could have used more divisive motivators for the female lead.
[+] 2 users Like WeAreTheCosmos's post
11-01-2016, 11:45 AM
(10-01-2016 11:46 AM)Escape Artist Wrote:  Oh, how could I forget this piece of shit? Probably because I am reticent to give bad reviews. Shy

Snowpiercer - I love Chris Evans as Captain America, but even my fondness for him because of his portrayal as that character could not get me to finish this film. There is just so much stupid that I can't even begin to describe it, and even if I could, I wouldn't want to. Can I give negative hobos? Yes. Yes I can. This is my rating system and by god if I want negative hobos, I shall have them!!!

Negative 3 hobos! -Hobo -Hobo -Hobo

The only problem with having a negative end in your review spectrum is that all the movies you meant to rate as mediocre are now significantly closer to the upper end of your rating scale than they previously were.
[+] 1 user Likes WeAreTheCosmos's post
11-01-2016, 11:49 AM
(11-01-2016 11:45 AM)WeAreTheCosmos Wrote:  
(10-01-2016 11:46 AM)Escape Artist Wrote:  Oh, how could I forget this piece of shit? Probably because I am reticent to give bad reviews. Shy

Snowpiercer - I love Chris Evans as Captain America, but even my fondness for him because of his portrayal as that character could not get me to finish this film. There is just so much stupid that I can't even begin to describe it, and even if I could, I wouldn't want to. Can I give negative hobos? Yes. Yes I can. This is my rating system and by god if I want negative hobos, I shall have them!!!

Negative 3 hobos! -Hobo -Hobo -Hobo

The only problem with having a negative end in your review spectrum is that all the movies you meant to rate as mediocre are now significantly closer to the upper end of your rating scale than they previously were.

The -5 star rating is unique in it's awfulness. It almost must been seen to be believed. A 2.5 rated movie is just forgettably average and that is a much worse crime.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 1 user Likes Revenant77x's post
20-01-2016, 03:50 PM
Tusk (2014)

2/5

Weird story that started out interesting and then took a wrong turn, fell off of a cliff, and died a fiery death. Plus, the prosthetics were worse than a B movie.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
20-01-2016, 04:12 PM
As if there isn't enough terrible shit to watch on streaming Netflix. I've begun to rent terrible shit on purpose.

A few days ago I rented the second Twilight movie. Something Moon.

Oh my fucking dog, it was awful. I can't wait to learn what the next three installments will wrought. Dodgy

-10/10

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

20-01-2016, 05:05 PM
(20-01-2016 03:50 PM)ghostexorcist Wrote:  Tusk (2014)

2/5

Weird story that started out interesting and then took a wrong turn, fell off of a cliff, and died a fiery death. Plus, the prosthetics were worse than a B movie.

Agreed. I did however love Johnny Depp in this movie. He was the best part.

I hope that the world turns, and things get better. But what I hope most of all is that you understand what I mean when I tell you that, even though I do not know you, and even though I may never meet you, laugh with you, cry with you, or kiss you, I love you. With all my heart, I love you. - V for Vendetta
20-01-2016, 05:15 PM
(20-01-2016 05:05 PM)Smercury44 Wrote:  
(20-01-2016 03:50 PM)ghostexorcist Wrote:  Tusk (2014)

2/5

Agreed. I did however love Johnny Depp in this movie. He was the best part.

I still haven't got my hands on the one where he plays Whitey Bulger!

Black Mass!
I'm hoping it's another Donnie Brasco, but in Irish!