Rate the Last Film You've Seen

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Votes - 5 Average
20-01-2016, 07:45 PM
RE: Rate the Last Film You've Seen
(20-01-2016 05:05 PM)Smercury44 Wrote:  
(20-01-2016 03:50 PM)ghostexorcist Wrote:  Tusk (2014)

2/5

Weird story that started out interesting and then took a wrong turn, fell off of a cliff, and died a fiery death. Plus, the prosthetics were worse than a B movie.

Agreed. I did however love Johnny Depp in this movie. He was the best part.

The prosthetic nose and eyebrows really complemented his "I think that guy is on something" performance. Oh, his daughter played one of the girls working at the gas station (the other was Kevin Smith's daughter).
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes ghostexorcist's post
20-01-2016, 10:54 PM
(20-01-2016 04:12 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  As if there isn't enough terrible shit to watch on streaming Netflix. I've begun to rent terrible shit on purpose.

A few days ago I rented the second Twilight movie. Something Moon.

Oh my fucking dog, it was awful. I can't wait to learn what the next three installments will wrought. Dodgy

-10/10

New Moon. Angel

IDK, I'm broke in the head with that Twilight shit. I can watch that shit all day. Big Grin

Well, except for 4, which was pointless other than cash. 3 and 5 were the best, I think.

living word
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
21-01-2016, 08:41 AM
Hateful eight
Story is...meh, too long and predictable , actors made it watchable and enjoyable.
The introduction of the guy under the floor pissed me off.
8/10

The Revenant
Leo did his job to perfection, no question about it , so did Tom Hardy , great nature scenes and the bear attack scene is phenomenal , yet, movie is a bit boring to be honest, sleeping , waking up, getting wet , drying his clothes , then rinse and repeat like 5 times. At one point I was hoping he`s gonna get pneumonia and die.
7.5/10

. . . ................................ ......................................... . [Image: 2dsmnow.gif] Eat at Joe's
Find all posts by this user
21-01-2016, 08:46 AM
Creed

The best "Rocky" movie since "Rocky." Excellent performances, compelling story, and Stallone's best on screen performance since 1976.

Religion is proof that invisible men can obscure your vision.
Visit my blog
Follow me on Twitter @TwoCultSurvivor
21-01-2016, 08:50 AM
I had another thread on this one -- but nobody bit......

"World's Greatest Dad" --- with Robin Williams (2009)

I hadn't even heard of this movie - and it kind of freaked me out a bit.

If you've seen it - don't do a spoiler......

It's a hard one to rate.

See it - you'll see...

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 1 user Likes onlinebiker's post
21-01-2016, 11:59 AM
(21-01-2016 08:46 AM)TwoCultSurvivor Wrote:  Creed

The best "Rocky" movie since "Rocky." Excellent performances, compelling story, and Stallone's best on screen performance since 1976.

The best Rocky was 4... So you're clearly wrong
25-01-2016, 02:12 AM
I stumbled upon the movie Network last month and watched it in its entirety over Christmas. For the uninitiated, it's a story of a fictional television station in the 1970s that's struggling to maintain it's ratings when one of their producers decides to reinvent their news show as an entertainment program. Her ace in the hole is, Howard Beale news anchor who's losing his mind and contemplating suicide after his personal and professional life takes a turn for the worse. With nothing left to lose, he begins using his airtime to galvanize the nation about the futility of life and the foundational rot of their civilization.

If you haven't seen this scene before, you've probably seen it referenced at some place or another...

Their ratings skyrocket, and the, Beale’s handlers realize they can hit the motherload by tapping into the country’s collective outrage. Howard is moved to a new program, dubbed The Howard Beale Show, where his indignation and bluntness earn him a reputation as a “mad prophet” of the times. It quickly becomes the most highly rated show on television, and Beale’s new celebrity is fomented with his audience who echoes his rebuke that “We’re mad as well, and we’re not going to take this anymore.”

The film's been praised for addressing many of the cultural and economic anxieties the West was experiencing at the time and remains aesthetically significant for foretelling many of the ailments that have gotten so out of control today. Media sensationalism, the decline of journalistic integrity and the explosion of corporate cronyism are recurring themes. If you have couple of hours I'd highly recommend checking it out.

9/10

"Men willingly believe what they wish." -Julius Caesar
[+] 2 users Like Kaneda's post
27-01-2016, 10:02 PM
Just watched The Revenant. Ooooooh Tom Hardy, I bow to you once again in all your greatness Bowing I would go see a movie even if he was merely an extra sweeping the floors. Heart

I hope that the world turns, and things get better. But what I hope most of all is that you understand what I mean when I tell you that, even though I do not know you, and even though I may never meet you, laugh with you, cry with you, or kiss you, I love you. With all my heart, I love you. - V for Vendetta
[+] 2 users Like Smercury44's post
29-01-2016, 06:44 PM
Just watched the documentary "Trophy Kids" (brought to you by the same guy who made "Bigger, Stronger, Faster"). Excellent flick but sad as hell. It's about parents pushing their kids too hard in sports and looking like complete jackasses in the end. Coming from a small, tiny town that is fixated on high school football, I see it all the time.

It's on Netflix. Watch it.
[+] 1 user Likes UndauntedToast's post
03-02-2016, 10:23 PM
Halfway through Specter.
Hopefully it gets better soon because so far it is meh as fuck borderline shit.

[Image: oscar.png]