Rate the Last Film You've Seen

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Votes - 5 Average
27-03-2016, 12:26 AM
RE: Rate the Last Film You've Seen
(27-03-2016 12:21 AM)JDog554 Wrote:  
(27-03-2016 12:19 AM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  I saw Deadpool today.

Awesomeness.

HeartHeartHeartHeartHeartHeartHeartHeart /10 hearts.

Such a great movie.

It was so much fun.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
27-03-2016, 12:28 AM
(27-03-2016 12:26 AM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(27-03-2016 12:21 AM)JDog554 Wrote:  Such a great movie.

It was so much fun.

Went to see it with my mother, she is not much into comics and stuff like that and she loved it. So fun and entertaining you don't need to know everything about it to really enjoy it.

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
[+] 1 user Likes JDog554's post
27-03-2016, 01:24 AM
(27-03-2016 12:28 AM)JDog554 Wrote:  
(27-03-2016 12:26 AM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  It was so much fun.

Went to see it with my mother, she is not much into comics and stuff like that and she loved it. So fun and entertaining you don't need to know everything about it to really enjoy it.

I went with my older son. Smile

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 1 user Likes Momsurroundedbyboys's post
27-03-2016, 07:36 AM
Batman vs. Superman (2016)

2/5

It was like the DC equivalent of Spiderman 3. They tried to pack way too much story into the movie and sacrificed everything from the dialogue to the original source material. As my nephew put's it: "They tried to do what Marvel did over a decade in a single movie." They are trying way too hard to force a Justice League film.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes ghostexorcist's post
27-03-2016, 05:15 PM
10,000 Saints.

Worth a watch, it was a pretty good movie. Even a nice little twist thrown in for good measure which is not typically something you get with these types of movies.

[Image: oscar.png]
[+] 1 user Likes earmuffs's post
27-03-2016, 09:05 PM
Deadpool. Fucking hilarious.

"If we are honest—and scientists have to be—we must admit that religion is a jumble of false assertions, with no basis in reality.
The very idea of God is a product of the human imagination."
- Paul Dirac
[+] 2 users Like The Organic Chemist's post
27-03-2016, 10:07 PM
I just had the pleasure of watching Finding Neverland. I had never seen it before. Johnny Depp was wonderful, as was every other cast member. I found myself, quite literally, on the edge of my seat.

If one has yet to see it, I highly recommend it. A truly lovely film.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
27-03-2016, 10:18 PM
Batman v Superman
Eh, didn't hate it. Didn't love it. I had to talk with others because I was rusty on the history in the books. Felt rushed. Did like Gal Gadot.

I know the back stories of the characters, but I didn't really feel any empathy. I agree that the Lex Luthor portrayal was more Joker-ish. I've read more DC Comics, but it seems Marvel does better movies. I hope they try harder next time.
Seriously... Zod into Doomsday? Felt like a repeat of the Parallax space turd in the Green Lantern movie. Lex didn't really have as much reason to care. In the books, they eventually gave him more reasons to be a douche. Here it felt more like, omg I hate you guyz.
27-03-2016, 11:07 PM (This post was last modified: 27-03-2016 11:13 PM by EvolutionKills.)
(27-03-2016 09:05 PM)The Organic Chemist Wrote:  Deadpool. Fucking hilarious.

[Image: tumblr_o3oxopbpR61udh5n8o1_500.gif]

[Image: tumblr_nzvkuwTv0R1tw9yl5o1_400.gif]

[Image: 200_s.gif]

[Image: tumblr_nsn1rc5oFd1tw9yl5o1_400.gif]

[Image: tumblr_o0hzjyZRQ81qgumbqo2_500.gif]

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 4 users Like EvolutionKills's post
28-03-2016, 12:50 AM
(27-03-2016 07:36 AM)ghostexorcist Wrote:  Batman vs. Superman (2016)

2/5

It was like the DC equivalent of Spiderman 3. They tried to pack way too much story into the movie and sacrificed everything from the dialogue to the original source material. As my nephew put's it: "They tried to do what Marvel did over a decade in a single movie." They are trying way too hard to force a Justice League film.

40% !? This is nowhere near as bad as Spiderman 3 (which I'd give a 2/10)

I don't particularly give a crap about the majority of the DC universe, so I went into the movie with a really baked brain and a "wait.. What are we watching?"... But once it started, it was pretty good.

It was kinda like they put a bunch of comics in a shredder, then threw the resulting confetti at a wall to see what sticks. I was incredibly surprised to see the most epic villain be so poorly represented.. Only appearing in the last 25 minutes or something.

Batman was a dark and brutal ninja. Just fantastic.

Superman... I mean, Henry Cavill IS Superman.. I really can't imagine Superman being any other way. Super awesome and plain as fuck at the same time.

Lex was just the worst. There were quite a few scenes where he felt like a REAL villian, plotting to rip you away from the movie and remind you that you're in a theater. I really don't know what they were thinking to cast him.

Alfred is basically a hipster-esque Jeremy Irons, who looks nowhere near his real age... And constantly reminded me of an old Tony Stark for some reason.

I don't really understand what Wonder Woman was doing in the movie. I guess they're trying to introduce characters... But they introduced others without adding more clutter to the already crowded storyline.

Overall, it was enjoyable, but they really shouldn't have tried fitting so much into one movie... It doesn't do any of it justice.

PROS:
Entertaining
Batman is fantastic
Well filmed

CONS:
Cluttered and inaccurate storylines galore
Lex Luthor is just the WORST, and not in a good way
Somebody littered the whole movie with illogical nonsense, that affects everything, EVEN Batman.

6/10