Rate the Last Film You've Seen

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Votes - 5 Average
28-03-2016, 04:27 AM
RE: Rate the Last Film You've Seen
Took the middle grandson to see Zootopia and it was superb! May be the best animated movie ever as far as from an adult perspective. In the top 3 certainly.

It was colorful, fantasy beautiful, the story was very engaging and so were the characters. It was a police mystery with bad guys, good guys and plenty of laughs. I laughed out loud many times as well as many of the other adults in the theater. It was also thrilling for the kids (not a toddler movie but 4 or 5 and up) with great music.

I would rate it 4.8 of 5 stars. We will go see it again in the theater and I've only done that with 3 or 4 movies ever. It is also at the top of my to buy list.

[Image: dnw9krH.jpg?4]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Heatheness's post
28-03-2016, 04:35 AM
(27-03-2016 10:07 PM)Banjo Wrote:  I just had the pleasure of watching Finding Neverland. I had never seen it before. Johnny Depp was wonderful, as was every other cast member. I found myself, quite literally, on the edge of my seat.

If one has yet to see it, I highly recommend it. A truly lovely film.

I shall watch it over my lunch tomorrow (provided I can find a download with more than 1 seeder grrr).

Quote:Lex was just the worst.

Well the casting was shit.
What's his face is a shit cunt.

Quote:Somebody littered the whole movie with illogical nonsense

It's a superhero movie what did you expect? Good story, "realistic" scenes and actions??? LOL! Superhero movies as a general rule are filth. Unless Christopher Nolan, who is a director God (seriously, if you haven't seen The Prestige or Memento than you are a fagot bitch and you need to remedy that as soon as humanly possible. Interstellar and Inception too but everyone's already seen those. Seriously, why are you still reading my post, go watch The Prestige and Memento, they are incredibly good movies), is directing them. I mean Dark Knight (and Rises), mmmm yes yes yes.

[Image: oscar.png]
[+] 1 user Likes earmuffs's post
28-03-2016, 06:54 AM
(28-03-2016 12:50 AM)WeAreTheCosmos Wrote:  
(27-03-2016 07:36 AM)ghostexorcist Wrote:  Batman vs. Superman (2016)

2/5

It was like the DC equivalent of Spiderman 3. They tried to pack way too much story into the movie and sacrificed everything from the dialogue to the original source material. As my nephew put's it: "They tried to do what Marvel did over a decade in a single movie." They are trying way too hard to force a Justice League film.

40% !? This is nowhere near as bad as Spiderman 3 (which I'd give a 2/10)

I don't particularly give a crap about the majority of the DC universe, so I went into the movie with a really baked brain and a "wait.. What are we watching?"... But once it started, it was pretty good.

It was kinda like they put a bunch of comics in a shredder, then threw the resulting confetti at a wall to see what sticks. I was incredibly surprised to see the most epic villain be so poorly represented.. Only appearing in the last 25 minutes or something.

Batman was a dark and brutal ninja. Just fantastic.

Superman... I mean, Henry Cavill IS Superman.. I really can't imagine Superman being any other way. Super awesome and plain as fuck at the same time.

Lex was just the worst. There were quite a few scenes where he felt like a REAL villian, plotting to rip you away from the movie and remind you that you're in a theater. I really don't know what they were thinking to cast him.

Alfred is basically a hipster-esque Jeremy Irons, who looks nowhere near his real age... And constantly reminded me of an old Tony Stark for some reason.

I don't really understand what Wonder Woman was doing in the movie. I guess they're trying to introduce characters... But they introduced others without adding more clutter to the already crowded storyline.

Overall, it was enjoyable, but they really shouldn't have tried fitting so much into one movie... It doesn't do any of it justice.

PROS:
Entertaining
Batman is fantastic
Well filmed

CONS:
Cluttered and inaccurate storylines galore
Lex Luthor is just the WORST, and not in a good way
Somebody littered the whole movie with illogical nonsense, that affects everything, EVEN Batman.

6/10

Harry Cavill's Superman is just horrible. He is nothing like the character, far to sadsack which to be honest is because of how Kevin Costner raised him. This Superman is a selfish emo git with no redeeming qualities and frankly is why Batman is totally justified in planning to murder him.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
28-03-2016, 10:42 AM (This post was last modified: 28-03-2016 10:47 AM by WeAreTheCosmos.)
(28-03-2016 06:54 AM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(28-03-2016 12:50 AM)WeAreTheCosmos Wrote:  40% !? This is nowhere near as bad as Spiderman 3 (which I'd give a 2/10)

I don't particularly give a crap about the majority of the DC universe, so I went into the movie with a really baked brain and a "wait.. What are we watching?"... But once it started, it was pretty good.

It was kinda like they put a bunch of comics in a shredder, then threw the resulting confetti at a wall to see what sticks. I was incredibly surprised to see the most epic villain be so poorly represented.. Only appearing in the last 25 minutes or something.

Batman was a dark and brutal ninja. Just fantastic.

Superman... I mean, Henry Cavill IS Superman.. I really can't imagine Superman being any other way. Super awesome and plain as fuck at the same time.

Lex was just the worst. There were quite a few scenes where he felt like a REAL villian, plotting to rip you away from the movie and remind you that you're in a theater. I really don't know what they were thinking to cast him.

Alfred is basically a hipster-esque Jeremy Irons, who looks nowhere near his real age... And constantly reminded me of an old Tony Stark for some reason.

I don't really understand what Wonder Woman was doing in the movie. I guess they're trying to introduce characters... But they introduced others without adding more clutter to the already crowded storyline.

Overall, it was enjoyable, but they really shouldn't have tried fitting so much into one movie... It doesn't do any of it justice.

PROS:
Entertaining
Batman is fantastic
Well filmed

CONS:
Cluttered and inaccurate storylines galore
Lex Luthor is just the WORST, and not in a good way
Somebody littered the whole movie with illogical nonsense, that affects everything, EVEN Batman.

6/10

Harry Cavill's Superman is just horrible. He is nothing like the character, far to sadsack which to be honest is because of how Kevin Costner raised him. This Superman is a selfish emo git with no redeeming qualities and frankly is why Batman is totally justified in planning to murder him.

Yeah but he LOOKS like what Superman should look like... And Superman doesn't have any character, so sadsack boring is fine IMO. I did notice that he's selfish as fuck, but that's the writers and not Cavill.
28-03-2016, 10:46 AM
(28-03-2016 04:35 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  
(27-03-2016 10:07 PM)Banjo Wrote:  I just had the pleasure of watching Finding Neverland. I had never seen it before. Johnny Depp was wonderful, as was every other cast member. I found myself, quite literally, on the edge of my seat.

If one has yet to see it, I highly recommend it. A truly lovely film.

I shall watch it over my lunch tomorrow (provided I can find a download with more than 1 seeder grrr).

Quote:Lex was just the worst.

Well the casting was shit.
What's his face is a shit cunt.

Quote:Somebody littered the whole movie with illogical nonsense

It's a superhero movie what did you expect? Good story, "realistic" scenes and actions??? LOL! Superhero movies as a general rule are filth. Unless Christopher Nolan, who is a director God (seriously, if you haven't seen The Prestige or Memento than you are a fagot bitch and you need to remedy that as soon as humanly possible. Interstellar and Inception too but everyone's already seen those. Seriously, why are you still reading my post, go watch The Prestige and Memento, they are incredibly good movies), is directing them. I mean Dark Knight (and Rises), mmmm yes yes yes.

I've seen all the Nolan flicks. They're all fantastic.

Back to Batman VS Superman.. What I meant by illogical nonsense isn't the physical interaction, but the communication and decision making... I mean, Batman and Lex are geniuses, and both made terrible choices throughout the movie.
28-03-2016, 01:40 PM
(28-03-2016 10:42 AM)WeAreTheCosmos Wrote:  
(28-03-2016 06:54 AM)Revenant77x Wrote:  Harry Cavill's Superman is just horrible. He is nothing like the character, far to sadsack which to be honest is because of how Kevin Costner raised him. This Superman is a selfish emo git with no redeeming qualities and frankly is why Batman is totally justified in planning to murder him.

Yeah but he LOOKS like what Superman should look like... And Superman doesn't have any character, so sadsack boring is fine IMO. I did notice that he's selfish as fuck, but that's the writers and not Cavill.

Watch the Chris Reves Superman (1 and 2 anyway) to see what Superman's character is all about. Cavill has no chemistry with anyone, the Lois and clark scenes are painful. That is a relationship that is dead on the vine like they are only living together cause she needed help covering rent and he couldn't find another place.

As for Lex, that was probably the single worst part of the movie. 100% miscast and misacted. It was like watching a bad Heath Ledger Joker impression for 2 and a half hours.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
28-03-2016, 02:30 PM
Jurassic World. I'd give it a solid Meh. 2.75 stars out of 5.
29-03-2016, 10:52 AM
I have a nice story to tell. It was about 2 weeks ago, it was the last day of Deadpool in theaters and I haven't seen it yet. I went to an early show (5 PM), it was Wednesday and the movie was playing for over 2 weeks, so I didn't expect many people. I was a bit wrong, not only that there was no people, I was the only one. I already bought the ticket and they had to play the movie, so I went in and I calculated the best seat in the room. I used Dr. Sheldon Coopers method.

The movie was great, definitely the best super-hero movie that came out until today. There was no boring parts and there was no bad moments in the movie. The fact that I had a private projection in a big Cinestar theater made it even better.

Epic/10

Big Grin

[Image: a6505fe8.jpg]
I have a theory that the truth is never told during the nine-to-five hours.
-Hunter S. Thompson
[+] 2 users Like Filox's post
29-03-2016, 08:53 PM
Holy fuck there's an Ip Man 3 movie. How the fuck did that slip past me? Yes, oh god yes I am so watching the crap out of that.

30-03-2016, 04:09 AM
Watched Man of Steel. Loved it, it was better than Dark Knight (and rises). Best superhero movie ever made.
DC just shits all over Marvel. Avengers are just such shit movies I don't get how people like that filth and yet criticize near movie perfectly like Man Of Steel??