Rate the Last Film You've Seen

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Votes - 5 Average
13-07-2012, 05:51 AM
RE: Rate the Last Film You've Seen
American History X
What a fantastic movie, brilliant specimen of what a movie should be like.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes earmuffs's post
17-07-2012, 01:27 AM
The Amazing Spiderman : 4/10
Eh. If you've seen the original, then this one is a waste of money really. Same thing basically, just different actors and a few tweaks.

Bury me with my guns on, so when I reach the other side - I can show him what it feels like to die.
Bury me with my guns on, so when I'm cast out of the sky, I can shoot the devil right between the eyes.
17-07-2012, 01:35 AM
Watched Sucker Punch over the weekend. I give it 3 thumbs up. Thumbsup Thumbsup Thumbsup
Shout out to my boy, B 2 the Moor for pointing this movie in my general direction.
In baseball terms, this movie is a 5 tool player:
Hot Chicks.
Kickass Chicks.
Kickass Chicks that are hot and look even hotter in the cool special effects.
Kickass hot Chicks with super hot weapons, blowing monsters up while dancing to kickass music.
Hot Chicks that kickass to all of the above and then give an ending that is most satisfying in a highly dissatisfying way. It's definitely an ending that will stick with you long after you turn off the DVD.

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
17-07-2012, 01:36 AM
The Amazing Spiderman: 8/10
The first 3 sucked .. kinda like the first 4 Batman's sucked till they started the whole Dark Knight thing... It was a bit more dark.. a bit more gothic.. I liked that they stuck with the comic book lore where he had to use invented tech to use silk webbing. In the first 3 spidermans it was like more of a fist fight.. with this new one he actually used skill via his strength and cunning .. example making better use of his webs to out manuver his opponents and what not..
Anyhow I enjoyed the flik....

Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities. -- Voltaire
[+] 1 user Likes ddrew's post
17-07-2012, 01:42 AM
(17-07-2012 01:27 AM)Red Tornado Wrote:  The Amazing Spiderman : 4/10
Eh. If you've seen the original, then this one is a waste of money really. Same thing basically, just different actors and a few tweaks.
Ironically, I own Amazing Spiderman 410.

[Image: AmazingSpider-Man410.jpg]

I haven't seen it yet, but despite the low review numbers, I'm looking forward to the movie being more in line with the Comic Universe. I hated that Toby Maguire shot webs from his body. Peter Parker is brilliant and created his own webfluid. This movie portrays that. I also hated that Toby Maguire had MJ as his first love and caught her when Gobby threw her off the Brooklyn Bridge. Everyone knows that Pete's first love was Gwen Stacy, the daughter of the cop that was trying to bring him down, and she was the one that was cast from the bridge by Green Gobby. That was the first Spiderman comic book that I ever bought on my own. I did a chalk drawing of Goblin from the cover of ASM #136. [Image: AmazingSpider-Man136.jpg]
It was quite impressive, if I do say so myself. And I do.

That said, I wasn't too thrilled with Raimi's version of the Web-head, so I look forward to getting closer to original...including The Lizard being the Web-slinger's first super-villain. Thumbsup

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
17-07-2012, 06:09 AM
Just watched Repo Men.

The ending was outstanding!, not only did I not see it coming (This may come across as a little arrogant, but I often can predict the ending 95% of the time) but it was just... fantastic! I was really really happy with that ending.
I can see though how many people may disagree though.

The movie is about a little bit into the future where organs are big business (ie: buy a heart, buy a liver, buy a knee cap etc..) and this big company charge outrageous sums and go after poor people that can't pay. The 'Repo' bit then comes in when they are 96days over due and the movies 'hero' and friend basically track you down and repo said organ (obviously people don't survive and it's a little messy).
Anyway, the heros wife wanted him to get a normal job doing sales or something (not killing people) and so he was gonna ask his boss to get a transfer, so his friend set-up a machine he uses to stop peoples hearts so it would backfire. He then ends up in hospital and when he wakes up he has one of these fake hearts. But of course he knows what happens and so he freaks out and basically runs away. Oh and his wife leaves him and some girl is involved etc..
Anyway, Repo men are sent after him but he kills them so the boss of "The Union" (the organ selling place) sends the heros friend after him.
Blah blah blah they end up in a big fight and the heros friend knocks him out with like a big crane hook thing.
At the same time the girl tazzers the friend and when the hero wakes up they run and shit. They then go to the headquarters to "the pink door", fight their way in and get behind the pink door. There is then some sick scene where they basically have to repo eachother, finally in comes the friend and the boss. Heart fulled speech by the hero and the friend kills the boss. They finish patching the girl back up and then blow up the data systems and run away to the tropics.
"But Muffs, that sounds like a typical ordinary ending how did you not predict that"
and to that I answer, "mowahaha!" this is where it gets good. So there are the hero and his friend sitting on a beach on lounge chairs etc.. You (the audience) are thinking the credits are about to roll when the hero looks away then looks back at his friend and his friends gone and you see the hero look a little confused.
Then you hear a voice, "Don't worry just a little glitch it'll sort itself out".
It then flashes back to the scene where the friend had bashed the hero in the head with crane hook. The hero has all these things sticking out of his head and is on a stretcher.
You then see the boss behind a desk speaking of selling a product for brain damaged people to live in eternal happiness (in their mind). And the last thing he says is the reoccuring thing he says throughout the movie that sorta repersents his creepiness and willingness to sell to whoever even though he knows they can't pay, "You ow it to your family, you ow it to yourself".
BAM! Best ending ever! (or at least top5).
17-07-2012, 07:26 AM
(17-07-2012 06:09 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  This may come across as a little arrogant...

As if you ever say anything that doesn't come across as a little arrogant. Laughat

living word
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like houseofcantor's post
17-07-2012, 03:01 PM
(17-07-2012 07:26 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  
(17-07-2012 06:09 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  This may come across as a little arrogant...

As if you ever say anything that doesn't come across as a little arrogant. Laughat
This is a valid point John... Consider
I am just that awesome, I just can't help it. Cool
17-07-2012, 11:53 PM
Pffff, puny human, I predicted the ending as soon as they mentioned this "new cool thing"... No, wait, I actually predicted the end as soon as I started watching the movie. Hell, even before I downloaded the movie.

Smile

[Image: a6505fe8.jpg]
I have a theory that the truth is never told during the nine-to-five hours.
-Hunter S. Thompson
20-07-2012, 04:14 AM
Unthinkable - http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0914863/

Pretty brilliant movie. I don't usually like thrillers or dramas, but this one is good. Very good. After the first 5 minutes you get stuck to the plot and that was it.

I loved the ending, the extended one. Fucking A.

[Image: a6505fe8.jpg]
I have a theory that the truth is never told during the nine-to-five hours.
-Hunter S. Thompson