Rate the Last Film You've Seen

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Votes - 5 Average
30-03-2016, 07:04 AM
RE: Rate the Last Film You've Seen
(30-03-2016 04:09 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  Watched Man of Steel. Loved it, it was better than Dark Knight (and rises). Best superhero movie ever made.
DC just shits all over Marvel. Avengers are just such shit movies I don't get how people like that filth and yet criticize near movie perfectly like Man Of Steel??

Thanks to your clear, unbiased reviews I have a much easier time choosing movies. Smile

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
30-03-2016, 07:08 AM
(30-03-2016 04:09 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  Watched Man of Steel. Loved it, it was better than Dark Knight (and rises). Best superhero movie ever made.
DC just shits all over Marvel. Avengers are just such shit movies I don't get how people like that filth and yet criticize near movie perfectly like Man Of Steel??

Apparently, kiwis love flashbacks.

"If we are honest—and scientists have to be—we must admit that religion is a jumble of false assertions, with no basis in reality.
The very idea of God is a product of the human imagination."
- Paul Dirac
Find all posts by this user
30-03-2016, 08:01 AM

Sarcasm?

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
30-03-2016, 08:22 AM
(30-03-2016 08:01 AM)Revenant77x Wrote:  

Sarcasm?

Not necessarily. I think that DC movies have a darker, more serious tone, both Man of Steel and Bat Vs Sup. That is why I don't mind the slow pace of Bat vs Sup and the dream sequences and everything else why people say it's a boring movie. I don't think it is a boring movie, I loved it, the only really negative thing I have to say about it was Lex Luthor.

Marvel movies are just fun and games. It's a blast form the past with brand new visual effects. No matter how hard they try to go in depth of the characters, it doesn't stick as hard as they intended.

Wouldn't call it filth as muffs did, I love Marvel movies too, but DC has a good vibe. Just like Watchman had. I LOVE Watchman. Such a masterpiece. Hard, dark and slow, but brilliant.

What I really want to say is that I like the way Zack Snyder makes his movies. Too bad Zack Snyder didn't make all the Marvel movies. Now that would be an interesting mashup. Maybe.

Big Grin

[Image: a6505fe8.jpg]
I have a theory that the truth is never told during the nine-to-five hours.
-Hunter S. Thompson
30-03-2016, 08:45 AM
(30-03-2016 08:22 AM)Filox Wrote:  
(30-03-2016 08:01 AM)Revenant77x Wrote:  Sarcasm?

Not necessarily. I think that DC movies have a darker, more serious tone, both Man of Steel and Bat Vs Sup. That is why I don't mind the slow pace of Bat vs Sup and the dream sequences and everything else why people say it's a boring movie. I don't think it is a boring movie, I loved it, the only really negative thing I have to say about it was Lex Luthor.

Marvel movies are just fun and games. It's a blast form the past with brand new visual effects. No matter how hard they try to go in depth of the characters, it doesn't stick as hard as they intended.

Wouldn't call it filth as muffs did, I love Marvel movies too, but DC has a good vibe. Just like Watchman had. I LOVE Watchman. Such a masterpiece. Hard, dark and slow, but brilliant.

What I really want to say is that I like the way Zack Snyder makes his movies. Too bad Zack Snyder didn't make all the Marvel movies. Now that would be an interesting mashup. Maybe.

Big Grin

Maybe that is the difference I hate Synder, he does not know how to make a coherent film. He uses far too much grey scale and FFS the Jesus overtones in Man of steel were so loud you couldn't hear the dialogue over them. The worst part is how he claims to be a big fan of the characters but then turns around and completely misses the point of them. Superman is always held up as a messiah and he always immediately smacks that down. He does not want to be worshiped until Synder through Kostner preaches at him.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
30-03-2016, 08:47 AM
(30-03-2016 08:45 AM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(30-03-2016 08:22 AM)Filox Wrote:  Not necessarily. I think that DC movies have a darker, more serious tone, both Man of Steel and Bat Vs Sup. That is why I don't mind the slow pace of Bat vs Sup and the dream sequences and everything else why people say it's a boring movie. I don't think it is a boring movie, I loved it, the only really negative thing I have to say about it was Lex Luthor.

Big Grin

Maybe that is the difference I hate Synder, he does not know how to make a coherent film. He uses far too much grey scale and FFS the Jesus overtones in Man of steel were so loud you couldn't hear the dialogue over them. The worst part is how he claims to be a big fan of the characters but then turns around and completely misses the point of them. Superman is always held up as a messiah and he always immediately smacks that down. He does not want to be worshiped until Synder through Kostner preaches at him.

He probably studied under Peter Jackson. Drinking Beverage

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
30-03-2016, 09:36 AM
I was just watching a few scenes from Man of Steel and I confirmed something that bothered me from the day I saw it for the first time. When Superman snaps Zodds neck, they fucked up a bit the part where Zodds head is suppose to go. Sup has him with his left hand on the chin and his right hand on the back of his head. Zodd is trying to turn his head a bit on the right to kill all those people, and Sup is pulling his head on the left. If you play that scene frame by frame, you will notice that Zodds head stays in the same position, then slightly moves to the left, then his heat vision starts to turn off and then Zodds head snaps in the right direction. The wrong right. Sup pulles his left hand to the left, yet, Zodds head snaps to the right. It is too fast to be a bounce snap, because the neck is not rubber, it does not bounce on the other side once you violently snap it. Also, there were some people inches from the heat vision and they would get fried if his head snapped on the right side. I just can't believe that they filmed this like this.

Can someone please see this and tell me I'm not crazy.

[Image: a6505fe8.jpg]
I have a theory that the truth is never told during the nine-to-five hours.
-Hunter S. Thompson
30-03-2016, 12:43 PM
(30-03-2016 08:45 AM)Revenant77x Wrote:  Maybe that is the difference I hate Synder ... The worst part is how he claims to be a big fan of the characters but then turns around and completely misses the point of them. Superman is always held up as a messiah and he always immediately smacks that down. He does not want to be worshiped until Synder through Kostner preaches at him.

So Snyder ruined the characters when he didn't write the script or storyline for either of these movies?
[+] 1 user Likes WeAreTheCosmos's post
30-03-2016, 04:35 PM
(30-03-2016 12:43 PM)WeAreTheCosmos Wrote:  
(30-03-2016 08:45 AM)Revenant77x Wrote:  Maybe that is the difference I hate Synder ... The worst part is how he claims to be a big fan of the characters but then turns around and completely misses the point of them. Superman is always held up as a messiah and he always immediately smacks that down. He does not want to be worshiped until Synder through Kostner preaches at him.

So Snyder ruined the characters when he didn't write the script or storyline for either of these movies?

I don't mind Snyder. I think he is a bit too much flare, but overall he was alright. It's the fucking direction they are taking DC movies in. Batman's movies being dark is understandable, that's his character, but a "dark" superman is pretty shit. Super V Bat would have meant so much more if they played on that contrast from cynicism and optimism, because THAT would have made the symbolism and bullshit more natural and less heavy-handed.

[Image: 0013382F-E507-48AE-906B-53008666631C-757...cc3639.jpg]
Credit goes to UndercoverAtheist.
30-03-2016, 06:34 PM
(30-03-2016 07:04 AM)Chas Wrote:  

Thanks to your clear, unbiased reviews I have a much easier time choosing movies. Smile

You joke but the truth is, I'm not a superhero fan. I dislike the whole concept of superheros and I don't read comics. So I'm not fanboying like all "DC master race, Marvel suck" just because I was brought up on DC or something.
I genuinely hated The Avengers (and other Marvel super hero movies I got halfway through before giving up on like Antman. Even Deadpool wasn't as good as people are making it out to be) and LOVED Man of Steel. I also loved Dark Knight (and Rises). So.. conclusion DC > Marvel.

The best way I can put it is that DC movies (the 3 I've seen... though will be pretty keen to see Superman v Batman now) are more gritty, more adult. They explain things a lot better, they have more plausible situations (as far as plausible goes for sc-fi). They make what is happening fit far better. There's reasons behind shit. There's a reason why Zord (is the main bad guy in Man of Steel Zord? Zorb? whatever it is) is attacking Earth is very well explained, it makes sense.
The relationship between Joker and Batman. And Joker wanting Batman to kill him because it goes against everything Batman stands for (not killing, though I understand he don't give a shit in SM v BM but Jokers not in that universe so it doesn't matter) and so if Batman does kill Joker it's like Joker wins anyway, so Joker wins if he succeeds or if Batman eventually kills him. It's interesting the pull back and forth. They're almost like some dark gritty drama than a superhero movie.

And even the movies themselves. Man of Steel fight scenes were incredible, some of the best visual effects I've ever seen in an action movie. That bit with Zord on his knees and the lazer eyes, omg that looked visually incredible.

And the humor is better. It's "non-American humor" as I call it. It's intelligent humor, witty comments, subtle hints etc.. not pie to the face fart gags that Americans lap up like mindless idiots.

The Avengers in comparison are so straight edge cookie cutter. Good guy chilling, bad guy comes along, good guys go all 'Murica!! and fight bad guy. Good guys win. They do shit that doesn't make sense. The fight scenes are dumb. The superheros themselves are very unlikable (with the exception of maybe Iron Man but even than his character personality doesn't really fit a superhero) they do stupid shit that you just sit their like "why don't they just do XX..." etc.. The humor sucks. They're just typical retarded American action movies with shitty predictable stories and awful characters in god awful costumes that aren't funny.

The best comparison I can think of is Marvel movies are Mike and Molly, DC movies are How I Met Your Mother.

What Filox said.

Quote:Maybe that is the difference I hate Synder, he does not know how to make a coherent film. He uses far too much grey scale and FFS the Jesus overtones in Man of steel were so loud you couldn't hear the dialogue over them. The worst part is how he claims to be a big fan of the characters but then turns around and completely misses the point of them. Superman is always held up as a messiah and he always immediately smacks that down. He does not want to be worshiped until Synder through Kostner preaches at him.

Superman character has been changed so many times in movies and the comics. This is this version of him. Just like that's that version of Batman in BMvSM.

Personally I like what they did. Clark wanted to help people but his adopted Dad knew that the world would treat him like a freak and so he needed to be revealed to the world when he was most needed so that people wouldn't immediately treat him like a freak and hate him and instead see him as the superhero he is who saved them. His adopted Dad gave his life for that (in what was a very good scene that had me weeping like a little girl). So it shows the struggle he goes through where he desperately wants to help people but is torn between helping and hiding and so that's why he travels around and uses anonymous names etc..
And so it's like when he's Clark Kent, he can protect himself from being treated like a freak so he can human. But when he's needed he can put on the suit and be Superman.
It's brilliant.

It's what you don't get in Marvel movies. You don't get internal conflict. All you get is "I don't wanna put on the suit, oh wait my crush has been kidnapped ok I'll put on the suit.".

[Image: oscar.png]