Rate the Last Film You've Seen

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Votes - 5 Average
24-04-2016, 10:45 PM
RE: Rate the Last Film You've Seen
(24-04-2016 09:31 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  Watched The Martian and liked it.

Now watching Mad Max Fury Road.

Will update later.

The Martian... eh. Seemed to take it self too seriously and was extremely far fetched, at the same time somehow. Pretty silly, in my opinion.

Mad Max was kinda fun. Though the action in it was nonstop for like the first hour or so. I didn't even know what the hell was going on until halfway into the movie. I still liked Road Warrior better. Fury Road was just too damn over the top.

Maybe I'm just becoming cynical when it comes to newer movies.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Dark Wanderer's post
24-04-2016, 11:36 PM
(24-04-2016 10:45 PM)Dark Wanderer Wrote:  
(24-04-2016 09:31 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  Watched The Martian and liked it.

Now watching Mad Max Fury Road.

Will update later.

The Martian... eh. Seemed to take it self too seriously and was extremely far fetched, at the same time somehow. Pretty silly, in my opinion.

Mad Max was kinda fun. Though the action in it was nonstop for like the first hour or so. I didn't even know what the hell was going on until halfway into the movie. I still liked Road Warrior better. Fury Road was just too damn over the top.

Maybe I'm just becoming cynical when it comes to newer movies.

I liked The Martian better. Much better.

The furry road thing just sucked. Except the action was cool.

Now we're watching the first Mad Max movie.

From one peice of shit to the next.

I liked the Road Warrior too. Blush

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

24-04-2016, 11:46 PM
(24-04-2016 11:36 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  The furry road thing just sucked.

You sure you watched the right movie?

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
24-04-2016, 11:51 PM
(24-04-2016 11:46 PM)JDog554 Wrote:  
(24-04-2016 11:36 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  The furry road thing just sucked.

Friends of mine are in that movie.

On another note. My brother just told me Chris Hemsworth and his two brothers agent is my brother's friend.

My brother flies to Hollywood tomorrow.

I keep watching Begin again. I just like films about musicians. Smile

Worth a watch people. Thumbsup

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
[+] 1 user Likes Banjo's post
24-04-2016, 11:51 PM
(24-04-2016 11:46 PM)JDog554 Wrote:  

Pretty sure. Smartass

[+] 1 user Likes Momsurroundedbyboys's post
24-04-2016, 11:54 PM
Gotta admit the first mad max movie (1979) was much more entertaining when they dubbed Mel Gibson's voice. Laugh out load

This undubbed version is just meh.

[+] 1 user Likes Momsurroundedbyboys's post
25-04-2016, 05:16 AM
(24-04-2016 10:30 PM)Smercury44 Wrote:  
(19-04-2016 09:08 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  Just watched The Intouchables again.

It's still one of the best films ever made. If you haven't watched it it's extremely good and a must watch.

I'm so mad, I tried watching this just this weekend. I got 30 minutes in and the disc started skipping, and then was unreadable. Gotta send it back to Netflix, grumble grumble Dodgy

Oh bummer. It's worth the hassle.

[Image: oscar.png]
25-04-2016, 05:55 AM
(24-04-2016 10:30 PM)Smercury44 Wrote:  
(19-04-2016 09:08 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  Just watched The Intouchables again.

It's still one of the best films ever made. If you haven't watched it it's extremely good and a must watch.

I'm so mad, I tried watching this just this weekend. I got 30 minutes in and the disc started skipping, and then was unreadable. Gotta send it back to Netflix, grumble grumble Dodgy

Disc... From NETflix? What?
27-04-2016, 09:28 PM
The Monkey King 2 (2016)

2/5

Like the first installment, the movie deviated too much from the novel. In some cases they just sped up the time that particular characters met (this is forgivable), but in others they combined unrelated story arcs and then exaggerated them to absurdity. There were also problems with pacing and introducing seemingly important characters towards the end of the movie and providing no back story whatsoever. I will say, however, that the special effects were leaps and bounds better this time around.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
27-04-2016, 10:28 PM
The Rock (1996)

[Image: 1341939165_poster2.jpg]

Starring - Sean Connery, Ed Harris, Nicholas Cage
Directed - Michael Bay
Produced - Don Simpson, Jerry Bruckheimer

9 VX gas rockets out of 10

This movie is still the certified gold standard for 90's action movies. The action is great, the movie is emanately quotable and filled with memorable scenes, and has Cage at the top of his career doing what he does best; playing an off-kilter lab rat against Connery's straight man. Ed Harris also arguably takes the crown for best action movie villain; being the smartest man in the room, having some of the best lines in the movie, and also being a sympathetic and honorable figure pushed past the brink by circumstances beyond his control. If you've never seen it, do yourselves the favor of watching the best movie Micheal Bay ever had a hand in making, so that you too can be even more gobsmacked by how abysmally awful those new Transformers and Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles movies are in comparison. The Rock was also the last movie Jerry Bruckheimer and Don Simpson produced (Flashdance, Beverly Hills Cop, Top Gun) before Simpson's death during production in 1996.

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]