Rate the Last Film You've Seen

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Votes - 5 Average
03-05-2016, 08:15 AM
RE: Rate the Last Film You've Seen
Green Room -- 7/10

Punk rock band on tour accidentally witness a murder, and things go downhill from there. Like many violent movies, a lot of things happen in the dark, so you can't really see what's going on. That's frustrating, but it also heightens the suspense.

Best moment for me: early in the movie, the band plays a bar with only a few people in the audience, and their pay for the gig amounts to about $6 for each band member. This hit home for me, because I used to play in a small-time bar band, and we had that exact experience a few times. "Been there, done that."
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
05-05-2016, 09:20 PM
Captain America 3: Civil War

After the trainwreck that was Batman vs Superman; Marvel once again shows the guys over at DC how to make a compelling Superhero movie that is not an over saturated mess. New additions T'Challa The Black Panther and Spider Man are both home runs. Best on screen Spider Man to date and the best part is he does not trample on the movie he has a few scenes and is gone. T'Challa is intriguing and I can't wait for his solo film.

The film does not follow the comic version of Civil War and for once that is a good thing, they have a much better and tighter story and nobody acts out of character. The plot moves along at a steady pace, no farm house scene to ruin the pacing this time. Lot of twists and turns. Only downside is once again Marvel is not building good villains and this films are rather lack luster.

9/10 fully recommend.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 4 users Like Revenant77x's post
05-05-2016, 09:23 PM
I really liked the movie as well. Went mainly for Cap Heart but Spiderman won my heart - he was awesome. I liked T'challa too - the Black Panther suit was so cool! Cool

05-05-2016, 11:48 PM (This post was last modified: 05-05-2016 11:56 PM by EvolutionKills.)
(05-05-2016 09:20 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  Captain America 3: Civil War

After the trainwreck that was Batman vs Superman; Marvel once again shows the guys over at DC how to make a compelling Superhero movie that is not an over saturated mess. New additions T'Challa The Black Panther and Spider Man are both home runs. Best on screen Spider Man to date and the best part is he does not trample on the movie he has a few scenes and is gone. T'Challa is intriguing and I can't wait for his solo film.

The film does not follow the comic version of Civil War and for once that is a good thing, they have a much better and tighter story and nobody acts out of character. The plot moves along at a steady pace, no farm house scene to ruin the pacing this time. Lot of twists and turns. Only downside is once again Marvel is not building good villains and this films are rather lack luster.

9/10 fully recommend.

Fun Fact: The Russo brothers, the directing duo behind Civil War and Winter Soldier, called in a few favors for Civil War. Namely, they got a hold of a kick ass second unit team. They brought in the director/producer pair behind John Wick (Chad Stahelski and David Leitch, professional stunt coordinators that worked on The Matrix series), the best action movie of 2014, to come in and help stage and direct the action scenes.

I'm going to go see this in the morning with my best friend and my brother. Thumbsup

-------

Before Chad Stahelski and David Leitch made their directorial debut, the guys behind John Wick worked as stunt coordinators and second unit directors on films like The Matrix, The Hunger Games and The Wolverine — to name just a fraction of their credits. And while most fans are aware of their movie history, you might not know that the duo also helped Joe and Anthony Russo on Captain America: Civil War, giving them a little assistance with some of their action sequences, of course.

Speaking with Collider, Joe Russo explains how he called in a “huge favor” from his friends Stahelski and Leitch:

Just as friends we asked them if they’d come out and help us execute some of the action sequences along with Spiro Razatos, who’s generally regarded as the top guy along with Chad and Dave. We literally had an all-star team of second unit directors working on this movie with us because we cared so much about the action and the quality of the action, and we knew we had to work really hard to up our game from Winter Soldier.

Read More: ‘Civil War’ Had Some Help From the ‘John Wick’ Directors | http://screencrush.com/civil-war-leitch-...ck=tsmclip

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes EvolutionKills's post
05-05-2016, 11:54 PM (This post was last modified: 06-05-2016 06:13 AM by earmuffs.)
Rewatching Man on Fire.
Still one of the best movies, certainly top 3 action movies, of all time.

Ya know, screw Taken's "I have a very special set of skills..." speech, that scene in Man on Fire where he's in Pita's room reading the diary and the mom comes in and asks him what he's gonna do and just says "I'm gonna do what I do best, I'm gonna kill em' all" is the most badass scene in movie history.
[+] 2 users Like earmuffs's post
06-05-2016, 04:21 PM
(05-05-2016 09:20 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  Captain America 3: Civil War

9/10 fully recommend.

Went to see Captain America Civil War tonight and it was thoroughly enjoyable. I agree wholeheartedly with revenant77x's review.

“The first duty of a man is to think for himself” ― José Martí
06-05-2016, 06:23 PM
(05-05-2016 11:54 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  Rewatching Man on Fire.

Ya know, screw Taken's "I have a very special set of skills..." speech, that scene in Man on Fire where he's in Pita's room reading the diary and the mom comes in and asks him what he's gonna do and just says "I'm gonna do what I do best, I'm gonna kill em' all" is the most badass scene in movie history.

Playing Max Payne 3 I just pretended I was Denzel
[+] 1 user Likes WeAreTheCosmos's post
06-05-2016, 08:22 PM (This post was last modified: 07-05-2016 07:55 AM by EvolutionKills.)
Mission accomplished. Saw Captain America: Winter Soldier without spoiling it for myself on the internet.

9/10 Easily one of the best things the MCU has ever done. The Russo brothers treat the MCU like the Native Americans treat a buffalo; they use every fucking part.

Also, Black Panther and Spider-Man are the fucking boss, and Ant-Man steals the show for a good 10 minutes.

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
06-05-2016, 08:23 PM
(06-05-2016 06:23 PM)WeAreTheCosmos Wrote:  
(05-05-2016 11:54 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  Rewatching Man on Fire.

Playing Max Payne 3 I just pretended I was Denzel

He's my favorite actor after DiCaprio. He plays such bad ass characters and plays them so well. His movies are fantastic.
Fuck it, I'm going on a Denzel watching Spree.
07-05-2016, 07:38 AM
(06-05-2016 08:23 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  
(06-05-2016 06:23 PM)WeAreTheCosmos Wrote:  Playing Max Payne 3 I just pretended I was Denzel

He's my favorite actor after DiCaprio. He plays such bad ass characters and plays them so well. His movies are fantastic.
Fuck it, I'm going on a Denzel watching Spree.

The Equilizer...fucking amazing.