Rate the Last Film You've Seen

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Votes - 5 Average
11-05-2016, 01:47 PM
RE: Rate the Last Film You've Seen
Crap, forgot to update.

Spotlight earned 8/10 for being damn near perfect.

It also made me angry.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Momsurroundedbyboys's post
11-05-2016, 02:06 PM
(10-05-2016 08:23 AM)ghostexorcist Wrote:  Captain America: Civil War (2016)

2/5

I thought it was boring and overstuffed. Winter Soldier was a far superior film.

(11-05-2016 01:13 PM)Shai Hulud Wrote:  Captain America: Civil War
3/5
It was good...but I agree with ghostexorcist, I liked Winter Soldier far more.

God's Not Dead 2
1/5
Take out all the humor of God's Not Dead...you now have the sequel. All the stupidity, none of the minor redeeming qualities.

Winter Soldier is really good but Civil War beats it by a mile.

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
11-05-2016, 02:20 PM
(11-05-2016 02:06 PM)JDog554 Wrote:  
(10-05-2016 08:23 AM)ghostexorcist Wrote:  Captain America: Civil War (2016)

2/5

I thought it was boring and overstuffed. Winter Soldier was a far superior film.

(11-05-2016 01:13 PM)Shai Hulud Wrote:  Captain America: Civil War
3/5
It was good...but I agree with ghostexorcist, I liked Winter Soldier far more.

God's Not Dead 2
1/5
Take out all the humor of God's Not Dead...you now have the sequel. All the stupidity, none of the minor redeeming qualities.

Winter Soldier is really good but Civil War beats it by a mile.

I would not go that far. I think it is an easy toss up between Cap 2 and Cap 3 for best Marvel movie but it comes down to taste as to which you prefer. Cap 2 was a 70's spy movie (Cap 1 was a World War 2 Drama) Cap 3 is closer to a Jason Bourne film. I'm not sure how you could be bored during Cap 3 given the frantic pace of it. The airport scene alone is worth the ticket price and the movie goes so far and above that it is unreal.

The 1 thing I will say is the Russo brothers should send Zach Snyder a fruit basket for showing just how bad this kind of film could be. Batman vs Superman: Dawn of Justice follows the same overarching story both films are about collateral damage and personal responsibility but 1 does it so poorly that the motivations of all involved are incomprehensible and the other, Cap 3, does it so right that not only are both sides motivations fully explained it is hard to fully root for one side vs the other. Not going too far into spoilers here but the fight between Iron man Cap and Bucky that was in the trailer I can completely say that If I was in Tony Stark's shoes I would have reacted exactly the same way and seeing it from the outside I would have acted as Captain America did. That is good storytelling.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 1 user Likes Revenant77x's post
11-05-2016, 04:03 PM
(11-05-2016 02:20 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  The 1 thing I will say is the Russo brothers should send Zach Snyder a fruit basket for showing just how bad this kind of film could be. Batman vs Superman: Dawn of Justice follows the same overarching story both films are about collateral damage and personal responsibility but 1 does it so poorly that the motivations of all involved are incomprehensible and the other, Cap 3, does it so right that not only are both sides motivations fully explained it is hard to fully root for one side vs the other. Not going too far into spoilers here but the fight between Iron man Cap and Bucky that was in the trailer I can completely say that If I was in Tony Stark's shoes I would have reacted exactly the same way and seeing it from the outside I would have acted as Captain America did. That is good storytelling.

I think that's why I preferred Cap 2; the spy thriller feel instead of this more frantic pace. I still enjoyed this, just not as much. And yeah, Batman vs. Superman was just, not good. Also, I agree, in Tony's shoes, knowing what we know by that point in the film, I would've reacted the same way he did. Also, about that airport scene, I hope you saw the second post-credit scene; made me laugh so hard!

Need to think of a witty signature.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
12-05-2016, 12:56 AM (This post was last modified: 12-05-2016 01:03 AM by EvolutionKills.)
(11-05-2016 02:20 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  The 1 thing I will say is the Russo brothers should send Zach Snyder a fruit basket for showing just how bad this kind of film could be.

Do you know who else needs a fruit basket? David S. Goyer.

Civil War could get away with not having to explain all of it's characters, because of the work put in by the previous MCU films. Batman v. Superman felt like it had to retell Batman's origin story. Again. If there are two heroes that never need to have their origin story told again, it's Spider-Man and Batman. Take a wild guess how much time was spent retelling Peter Parker's origin in Civil War? A single line of dialogue, because that's all we need at this point. We get it already. They also had Wonder Woman effectively watch a press-kit showing off the trailers for next few movies, that's how they chose to integrate the other Justice League characters. The entire thing was a ham-fisted mess where it tired to have it's cake, but didn't put in the needed groundwork to pull it off.

For as good as the the first Avengers movie is, it would have seemed like a rambling clusterfuck if it had been the first or second MCU movie instead of the fifth.

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
14-05-2016, 05:06 PM (This post was last modified: 14-05-2016 07:32 PM by Momsurroundedbyboys.)
Captain America Civil War.

9/10 oh so awesome.

Ironman rocks.

[+] 2 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
14-05-2016, 05:30 PM
BM v SM.

It was glorious, made even more so by the fact I was drinking EKs tears as I watched it.
Not as good as Man of Steel, but still pretty darn good.

[Image: oscar.png]
14-05-2016, 10:49 PM
(14-05-2016 05:30 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  BM v SM.

It was glorious, made even more so by the fact I was drinking EKs tears as I watched it.

You must be mistaken, I shed no tears, the movie is laughably bad. I would make a drinking game out of it, but I'd rather not die of liver failure 30 minutes in.

Also I watched DEADPOOL again, still fucking hilarious.

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes EvolutionKills's post
14-05-2016, 11:30 PM (This post was last modified: 14-05-2016 11:38 PM by Kaiscio.)
Captain America Civil War

Plot: 3/10
The whole conflict between the two groups seemed a little contrived. Same thing for Iron Man's reaction to the big reveal near the end... just seemed out of proportion when there was a more appropriate target available.
Mise-en-scene: 7/10
Overall I thought it was visually interesting
Fight sequences: 8/10
Usually I'm that interested in the fight scenes. At best it's just filler to move the plot along. But for this one I enjoyed seeing all of the ninja moves and cool weapons.
14-05-2016, 11:38 PM
(14-05-2016 10:49 PM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  
(14-05-2016 05:30 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  BM v SM.

You must be mistaken, I shed no tears, the movie is laughably bad. I would make a drinking game out of it, but I'd rather not die of liver failure 30 minutes in.

Also I watched DEADPOOL again, still fucking hilarious.

Fucking Deadpool was all sorts of awesome.

[+] 1 user Likes Momsurroundedbyboys's post