Rate the Last Film You've Seen

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Votes - 5 Average
18-05-2016, 03:51 PM
RE: Rate the Last Film You've Seen
A watched Shaun of the dead and Blues Brothers today. Double morning A lister watch

Why must I be Ladd? via da Tapatalk

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
18-05-2016, 04:09 PM
(18-05-2016 03:51 PM)ClydeLee Wrote:  A watched Shaun of the dead and Blues Brothers today. Double morning A lister watch

I liked both of those, Shaun of the Dead more so.

I was beginning to wonder if anyone still watched movies not based on comic books. Nothing against those movies -- I've watched a few myself, and enjoyed them -- but it's weird when they take over the whole thread.
18-05-2016, 04:36 PM
(18-05-2016 03:34 PM)JDog554 Wrote:  
(18-05-2016 03:32 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  In the Captain America: Civil War a stone was so lightly referenced, it was probably missed.

The whole side story of Vision is about the Mind Stone.

But, Vision wasn't in the Infinty gauntlet storyline -- at all. (He was a minor character killed off more than once and I think brought back by Iron Lad (yes not iron man) in the young avengers comics. But my memory is fuzzy on that and the comic books are in boxes upstairs.

I believe he was killed off long before it. And it was never implied in the comics that he possessed an infinity gem or derived power from it.

In other words there was a stone in his head...but it wasn't the infinity gem but something unrelated.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

18-05-2016, 04:50 PM
(18-05-2016 04:36 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(18-05-2016 03:34 PM)JDog554 Wrote:  The whole side story of Vision is about the Mind Stone.

But, Vision wasn't in the Infinty gauntlet storyline -- at all. (He was a minor character killed off more than once and I think brought back by Iron Lad (yes not iron man) in the young avengers comics. But my memory is fuzzy on that and the comic books are in boxes upstairs.

I believe he was killed off long before it. And it was never implied in the comics that he possessed an infinity gem or derived power from it.

In other words there was a stone in his head...but it wasn't the infinity gem but something unrelated.

Oh I thought you were talking about the movie not referencing it. Unfortunately the movies are their own universe apart from the comics so they can change stuff like that. Hank Pym didn't make Ultron. Crossbones didn't do shit. We didn't get to see other cool heroes like Cloak and Dagger.

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
[+] 1 user Likes JDog554's post
18-05-2016, 04:51 PM
Meanwhile, I watched The Truman Show.

That's one of those weird movies I've caught bits of on tv. But never saw the whole thing.

I liked it.

6/10.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

19-05-2016, 12:40 AM
(16-05-2016 11:29 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  The fact SMvBM got a 27% goes to show how unreliable sites like RottenTomatoes can be and need to often be taken with a grain of sand.

It's an aggregate review site. If it hit 27%, it's because the vast majority of professional movie critics thought it was pants. That's not to say that there's nothing to enjoy or that some critics did like it, but the most enjoyable thing about that movie so far is watching you do your best creationist/apologist routine in defense of it. It's actually pretty sweet, and far more entertaining than the movie proper. Laugh out load

(16-05-2016 11:29 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  If we're going off popular opinion and not evidence or well informed opinions beyond "it wasn't fun enough" like some mindless fucktard by that logic Trump is a fantastic choice due to his popularity and Hillary is a better choice than Bernie.

Oh please, do keep just ignoring the litany of problems myself and others have had with that movie. I'm sure if you repeat "it's just your opinions man" enough times, it'll magically fix that movie's nonsensical plot or unmotivated characters.

Or maybe the fact that on odd piece of trivia, the fact that both Batman and Superman have a mother named 'Martha', is now the entirely nonsensical cornerstone of Batman pulling a compete 180 out of nowhere and going from trying to killer Superman to being his BFF in 30 seconds flat. Really? Fucking really? Rolleyes

This is the hill you want to die on? Laugh out load

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
19-05-2016, 08:28 PM
Quote:Or maybe the fact that on odd piece of trivia, the fact that both Batman and Superman have a mother named 'Martha', is now the entirely nonsensical cornerstone of Batman pulling a compete 180 out of nowhere and going from trying to killer Superman to being his BFF in 30 seconds flat. Really? Fucking really? Rolleyes

You really need to stop taking your opinions from memes and the opinions of retard and start thinking for yourself EK.

Batman didn't do a 360 because their mothers share the same name. Batman did a 360 because in effectively Supermans dying moments Sumpermans only concern was for his movie who would be killed. Superman wasn't concerned in the slightest about his own life he was concerned about his mothers. Batman never had a mother because she was murdered when he was a boy. Everything Batman does is for his mother and father. It's the reason he's the Batman, the reason why he fights crime because crime needlessly took his parents from him when he was a boy. So Batman hearing Supermans selfless concern for his mother relates to Batman. Batman gets it.

It's nothing to do with the name. It's the fact Superman was selfless.

But that takes a midget bit of thought and you wouldn't understand that when it comes to movies EK. It's too much think for you and the idiot general public.

Quote:I'm sure if you repeat "it's just your opinions man" enough times, it'll magically fix that movie's nonsensical plot

What's nonsensical about it?
I followed it just fine. Please elaborate.

Quote:or unmotivated characters.

Again, you need to elaborate. Because both Batman and Superman had adequate amounts of motivation. I have no idea what you're talking about.
Batman wanted to stop Superman because of the events of Man of Steel (shown at start of movie). Superman was just chillin, he was fighting crime and carrying on his life. I don't see what's wrong with either of those, they fit the movie perfectly. Luther is a racist prick, he believes aliens such as Superman are harmful to humankind and wants to destroy them. Regarding his later stages of the movie, well he communicated with Apocalypse (we know because Doomsday is Apocalypse's bitch) and Apocalypse corrupts people (as far as I'm aware).

Your "points" don't make sense beyond you being too dense to watch a movie that requires even a tiny bit of thought.
19-05-2016, 09:11 PM
(18-05-2016 03:51 PM)ClydeLee Wrote:  A watched Shaun of the dead and Blues Brothers today. Double morning A lister watch

That's good stuff right there. LOVE Shaun of the Dead. I can relate heavily to Shaun's way of life in that movie. I actually enjoy the non-zombie parts in the first half more than the zombie-filled second half.
19-05-2016, 09:26 PM
(19-05-2016 08:28 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  
Quote:Or maybe the fact that on odd piece of trivia, the fact that both Batman and Superman have a mother named 'Martha', is now the entirely nonsensical cornerstone of Batman pulling a compete 180 out of nowhere and going from trying to killer Superman to being his BFF in 30 seconds flat. Really? Fucking really? Rolleyes

You really need to stop taking your opinions from memes and the opinions of retard and start thinking for yourself EK.

Batman didn't do a 360 because their mothers share the same name. Batman did a 360 because in effectively Supermans dying moments Sumpermans only concern was for his movie who would be killed. Superman wasn't concerned in the slightest about his own life he was concerned about his mothers. Batman never had a mother because she was murdered when he was a boy. Everything Batman does is for his mother and father. It's the reason he's the Batman, the reason why he fights crime because crime needlessly took his parents from him when he was a boy. So Batman hearing Supermans selfless concern for his mother relates to Batman. Batman gets it.

But that takes a midget bit of thought and you wouldn't understand that when it comes to movies EK. It's too much think for you and the idiot general public.

Quote:I'm sure if you repeat "it's just your opinions man" enough times, it'll magically fix that movie's nonsensical plot

Quote:or unmotivated characters.

Again, you need to elaborate. Because both Batman and Superman had adequate amounts of motivation. I have no idea what you're talking about.
Batman wanted to stop Superman because of the events of Man of Steel (shown at start of movie). Superman was just chillin, he was fighting crime and carrying on his life. I don't see what's wrong with either of those, they fit the movie perfectly. Luther is a racist prick, he believes aliens such as Superman are harmful to humankind and wants to destroy them. Regarding his later stages of the movie, well he communicated with Apocalypse (we know because Doomsday is Apocalypse's bitch) and Apocalypse corrupts people (as far as I'm aware).

Your "points" don't make sense beyond you being too dense to watch a movie that requires even a tiny bit of thought.

What movie did you watch? Batman was literally about to spear Supes when Supes muttered "Martha" and Bats threw the spear down and screamed "What did you say?" As to the rest of this post you need to go rewatch the film as you did not pay attention.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
19-05-2016, 10:18 PM
(19-05-2016 09:26 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(19-05-2016 08:28 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  You really need to stop taking your opinions from memes and the opinions of retard and start thinking for yourself EK.

What movie did you watch? Batman was literally about to spear Supes when Supes muttered "Martha" and Bats threw the spear down and screamed "What did you say?" As to the rest of this post you need to go rewatch the film as you did not pay attention.

I shall pull up the scene and tell you exactly what happened.

Ok, so watching it now. Your claim is that SM simply said "Martha" and BM throws down the spear and sucks his dick.

The exactly line SM used was "You're letting him kill Martha".
BM is taken back a little and asks "What does that mean? Why did you say that name".
SM strains to say "Find him.. save Martha.."
BM has a flashback to his childhood and of his parents dying.
BM proceeds to get pissed off and yell at SM asking "Why did you say that name!! Martha, why did you say that name!"
What's her face rushes to the scene and says "It's his mothers name! it's his mothers name."
Than what I said in my last post happens, BM thinks about the situation a bit.
And SM explains situation, explains that Luther is using both of them. And BM offers to go save Martha.

So Rev, it is YOU that needs to rewatch the film.
He did simply just mutter Martha and now they're BFF, it happened as I said.
Typical Americans though, cannot comprehend something in a movie/tv show/video game that requires a modicum of thought.