Rate the Last Film You've Seen

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Votes - 5 Average
19-05-2016, 10:26 PM
RE: Rate the Last Film You've Seen
Hateful Eight
1/10: bad writing, bad acting, contrived plot, and painful narration to try to get out of the corners it backed itself into. There was just nothing much to like about this. The time jumps worked in Pulp Fiction but were just annoying here. The excruciatingly obvious expository dialogs made me just want all the characters dead since they weren't ever likely to just stop bitching and moaning. Tarantino is even worse at plot twists than Shyamalan. That's time lost that I will never get back.

Bone Tomahawk:
0/10: made Hateful Eight look good by comparison in just about every area

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes unfogged's post
19-05-2016, 10:32 PM
(19-05-2016 10:26 PM)unfogged Wrote:  Hateful Eight
1/10: bad writing, bad acting, contrived plot, and painful narration to try to get out of the corners it backed itself into. There was just nothing much to like about this. The time jumps worked in Pulp Fiction but were just annoying here. The excruciatingly obvious expository dialogs made me just want all the characters dead since they weren't ever likely to just stop bitching and moaning. Tarantino is even worse at plot twists than Shyamalan. That's time lost that I will never get back.

Bone Tomahawk:
0/10: made Hateful Eight look good by comparison in just about every area

Hateful Eight not helped by the fact that Samuel is a shit actor.

[Image: oscar.png]
20-05-2016, 01:54 AM (This post was last modified: 20-05-2016 05:26 AM by EvolutionKills.)
(19-05-2016 10:18 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  
(19-05-2016 09:26 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  What movie did you watch? Batman was literally about to spear Supes when Supes muttered "Martha" and Bats threw the spear down and screamed "What did you say?" As to the rest of this post you need to go rewatch the film as you did not pay attention.

I shall pull up the scene and tell you exactly what happened.

Ok, so watching it now. Your claim is that SM simply said "Martha" and BM throws down the spear and sucks his dick.

The exactly line SM used was "You're letting him kill Martha".
BM is taken back a little and asks "What does that mean? Why did you say that name".
SM strains to say "Find him.. save Martha.."
BM has a flashback to his childhood and of his parents dying.
BM proceeds to get pissed off and yell at SM asking "Why did you say that name!! Martha, why did you say that name!"
What's her face rushes to the scene and says "It's his mothers name! it's his mothers name."
Than what I said in my last post happens, BM thinks about the situation a bit.
And SM explains situation, explains that Luther is using both of them. And BM offers to go save Martha.

So Rev, it is YOU that needs to rewatch the film.
He did simply just mutter Martha and now they're BFF, it happened as I said.
Typical Americans though, cannot comprehend something in a movie/tv show/video game that requires a modicum of thought.

So Superman's mom being in trouble somehow negates all of Batman's build up to 'if he's even a 1% threat, we have to treat it as an absolute'? Superman wanting to save his mother doesn't negate the very fundamental threat he poses. Batman is about to end the threat, mission accomplished, who the fuck cares what he's saying? Lex having Superman's mom doesn't change that. He's spent 2 years despising Superman and planning his murder, for the greatter safety of the Earth.

Lex didn't need to do anything to get them to fight together, as Batman was already geared up to take down Superman without his intervention.

Lois throws away the Kryptonite spear, for seemingly no other reason than to almost drown trying to get it back less than 5 minutes later.

Every time Superman has a chance to deescalate the situation with Batman, he does the exact opposite. If he really didn't want to fight Batman, he shouldn't have threatened him and been unnecessarily aggressive every time they meet. He knows Batman sees him as a threat, and doesn't want to fight him; given those two pieces of information, Superman did the exact opposite of what was needed to show to Batman that he wasn't a threat.

Once again, Lex having Superman's mother (which is about to be a mute point once Batman kills him) does not negate the fact that Batman sees Superman as a threat. It's not as if Batman cannot investigate Lex after Superman is dead, and the threat he represents put to rest. Is there anything Lex did or did not do that would have changed Superman's threat potential as far as Batman is concerned at that moment? Nope.

[EDIT]

Funny thing is, it makes even less sense with this version of Batman. I mean he's shown to be okay with killing a lot of people, this Batman is a 'ends justify the means' take on the character, up to and including murder. So Superman's inadvertent destruction of a city to stop Zod, should be seen as acceptable collateral damage. Now that level of destruction being an unacceptable cost makes more sense for the classic non-lethal Batman, the one that doesn't murder people by running them over with the Batmobile or gunning them down with the Batwing. Not only that, but the decision to take Superman's life would carry that much more weight for someone who didn't already casually murder henchmen. So if anything, the more ethically pliable version of Batman in the movie should be even more able and willing to overlook Superman's mistakes in the name of the greater good (but not in the name of their mother's shared name, for fuck's sake). But Synder and Goyer weren't interested in making sense, they wanted to see Sups and Bats punch each other; which is why they both act like a couple of idiotic humorlessness tools.

Also, why do people in prison kill those caught by Batman? That makes zero fucking sense.

[/EDIT]

Also, when Batman does rescue Superman's mother, he says he's a friend of her son's. So either Batman is lying for her benefit, or Batman did quite literally pull a compete and utter 180 on Superman to change his opinions from 'threat that must be neutralized at all cost' to 'friends'.

[Image: giphy.gif]

Why did Lex Luthor create a monster he couldn’t control when he easily could have just shot Superman with a kryptonite rocket 30 minutes into the movie? Why did he waste all of that time convincing Batman and Superman to fight if he was just going to create Doomsday? What if Batman killed Superman? Would Lex Luthor still have a need for a rampaging, uncontrollable beast?

Personally I blame Zack Snyder and David Goyer both not being able to write themselves out of a wet paper bag, combined with trying to mash up Frank Miller's entirely overrated The Dark Knight Returns with The Death of Superman and also attempting (rather poorly at that) to lay the ground work for a DC cinematic universe in 15 minutes that Marvel spent half a dozen movies doing. In other words, it's still a cluster fuck of nonsense where either the players don't have motivation (Superman, Lex), or they flip too easily (Batman).

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes EvolutionKills's post
20-05-2016, 08:15 AM
I have crazy dreams.

☆☆☆
21-05-2016, 10:47 PM
Quote:So Superman's mom being in trouble somehow negates all of Batman's build up to 'if he's even a 1% threat, we have to treat it as an absolute'? Superman wanting to save his mother doesn't negate the very fundamental threat he poses. Batman is about to end the threat, mission accomplished, who the fuck cares what he's saying?

You're missing the point. It's about Batman going from seeing him as a monster who destroyed a city, to a humble caring person. Batman relates to Superman, he seems himself in Superman. After all, what if Batman decided to become a bad guy? There must be even a 1% chance there too.

Quote:Lex having Superman's mom doesn't change that. He's spent 2 years despising Superman and planning his murder, for the greatter safety of the Earth.

Because he thought he was a monster.
The Superman in this movie is not yet Jesus Superman. He becomes Jesus everyone loves me Superman at the very very end. But at that point in the movie he was who the fuck is this cunt superman.

The scene of them relating is Batman getting to see Superman for what he really is and Batman relating to Superman.

Quote:Lex didn't need to do anything to get them to fight together, as Batman was already geared up to take down Superman without his intervention.

Yes and no. Batman had a desire to fight Superman, but Superman had no desire to fight Batman. What Lex did was about getting Superman to fight, not Batman.

Quote:Lois throws away the Kryptonite spear, for seemingly no other reason than to almost drown trying to get it back less than 5 minutes later.

I see this sorta like in movies where someone shoots someone and than immediately sees what they do and toss the gun away in disgust.

It's a weapon that was designed solely to kill her boyfriend. Why wouldn't she be disgusted and wanna toss it away?

Quote:Superman did the exact opposite of what was needed to show to Batman that he wasn't a threat.

It's like you and me now we differing philosophies.
Batman and Superman had different ideas so it was like a clash of ideas like how a republican will banter with a democrat.

Quote:Once again, Lex having Superman's mother (which is about to be a mute point once Batman kills him) does not negate the fact that Batman sees Superman as a threat.

Prior to their fight Superman is an unknown to Batman, that's the threat. During the fight Batman "gets to know" Superman and no longer views him as a threat.

Quote:Also, why do people in prison kill those caught by Batman? That makes zero fucking sense.

No argument here with that one.

Quote:Also, when Batman does rescue Superman's mother, he says he's a friend of her son's. So either Batman is lying for her benefit, or Batman did quite literally pull a compete and utter 180 on Superman to change his opinions from 'threat that must be neutralized at all cost' to 'friends'.

That's not literal. (I know that sounds theistic, but it's actually true in this case)
He's a big dude in a big black bat suit. He didn't mean it literally, he meant it as a calming I'm not gonna hurt you way. I thought that was pretty fucking obvious.

Quote:he easily could have just shot Superman with a kryptonite rocket 30 minutes into the movie?

Why doesn't that sort of stuff happen in EVERY SUPERHERO MOVIE EVER!

And I don't believe he knew what he was up too. He obviously spoke to Apocalypse in that ship, "summoned" him to Earth. Apocalypse controls people and shit.
I blame Apocalypse for the whole Doomsday thing.

So I started watching Strike Back. It's a TV show. It's really fucking good.

[+] 1 user Likes earmuffs's post
21-05-2016, 11:21 PM
(21-05-2016 10:47 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  
Quote:So Superman's mom being in trouble somehow negates all of Batman's build up to 'if he's even a 1% threat, we have to treat it as an absolute'? Superman wanting to save his mother doesn't negate the very fundamental threat he poses. Batman is about to end the threat, mission accomplished, who the fuck cares what he's saying?

You're missing the point. It's about Batman going from seeing him as a monster who destroyed a city, to a humble caring person. Batman relates to Superman, he seems himself in Superman. After all, what if Batman decided to become a bad guy? There must be even a 1% chance there too.

Quote:Lex having Superman's mom doesn't change that. He's spent 2 years despising Superman and planning his murder, for the greatter safety of the Earth.

Because he thought he was a monster.
The Superman in this movie is not yet Jesus Superman. He becomes Jesus everyone loves me Superman at the very very end. But at that point in the movie he was who the fuck is this cunt superman.

The scene of them relating is Batman getting to see Superman for what he really is and Batman relating to Superman.

Quote:Lex didn't need to do anything to get them to fight together, as Batman was already geared up to take down Superman without his intervention.

Yes and no. Batman had a desire to fight Superman, but Superman had no desire to fight Batman. What Lex did was about getting Superman to fight, not Batman.

Quote:Lois throws away the Kryptonite spear, for seemingly no other reason than to almost drown trying to get it back less than 5 minutes later.

I see this sorta like in movies where someone shoots someone and than immediately sees what they do and toss the gun away in disgust.

It's a weapon that was designed solely to kill her boyfriend. Why wouldn't she be disgusted and wanna toss it away?

Quote:Superman did the exact opposite of what was needed to show to Batman that he wasn't a threat.

It's like you and me now we differing philosophies.
Batman and Superman had different ideas so it was like a clash of ideas like how a republican will banter with a democrat.

Quote:Once again, Lex having Superman's mother (which is about to be a mute point once Batman kills him) does not negate the fact that Batman sees Superman as a threat.

Prior to their fight Superman is an unknown to Batman, that's the threat. During the fight Batman "gets to know" Superman and no longer views him as a threat.

Quote:Also, why do people in prison kill those caught by Batman? That makes zero fucking sense.

No argument here with that one.

Quote:Also, when Batman does rescue Superman's mother, he says he's a friend of her son's. So either Batman is lying for her benefit, or Batman did quite literally pull a compete and utter 180 on Superman to change his opinions from 'threat that must be neutralized at all cost' to 'friends'.

That's not literal. (I know that sounds theistic, but it's actually true in this case)
He's a big dude in a big black bat suit. He didn't mean it literally, he meant it as a calming I'm not gonna hurt you way. I thought that was pretty fucking obvious.

Quote:he easily could have just shot Superman with a kryptonite rocket 30 minutes into the movie?

Why doesn't that sort of stuff happen in EVERY SUPERHERO MOVIE EVER!

And I don't believe he knew what he was up too. He obviously spoke to Apocalypse in that ship, "summoned" him to Earth. Apocalypse controls people and shit.
I blame Apocalypse for the whole Doomsday thing.

So I started watching Strike Back. It's a TV show. It's really fucking good.

Well, I think we can at least agree on this...

[Image: fuckonamiheader.png]

You are the most fun person to argue with at least. Tongue

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
22-05-2016, 12:27 AM
Yes, fuck konami in the ass with a cactus.

24-05-2016, 10:20 PM
The Man from Nowhere.

Great movie. The Koreans know how to make a good movie.

25-05-2016, 06:28 PM
Deadpool. 9/10. All it really lacked was a good bad guy. Funny as hell though, and sweet action. That's about as faithful as you can get with a comic book character. Other movies should take note.
[+] 1 user Likes Dark Wanderer's post
26-05-2016, 05:17 PM
(19-05-2016 09:26 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(19-05-2016 08:28 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  You really need to stop taking your opinions from memes and the opinions of retard and start thinking for yourself EK.

Batman didn't do a 360 because their mothers share the same name. Batman did a 360 because in effectively Supermans dying moments Sumpermans only concern was for his movie who would be killed. Superman wasn't concerned in the slightest about his own life he was concerned about his mothers. Batman never had a mother because she was murdered when he was a boy. Everything Batman does is for his mother and father. It's the reason he's the Batman, the reason why he fights crime because crime needlessly took his parents from him when he was a boy. So Batman hearing Supermans selfless concern for his mother relates to Batman. Batman gets it.

It's nothing to do with the name. It's the fact Superman was selfless.

But that takes a midget bit of thought and you wouldn't understand that when it comes to movies EK. It's too much think for you and the idiot general public.

What's nonsensical about it?
I followed it just fine. Please elaborate.

Again, you need to elaborate. Because both Batman and Superman had adequate amounts of motivation. I have no idea what you're talking about.
Batman wanted to stop Superman because of the events of Man of Steel (shown at start of movie). Superman was just chillin, he was fighting crime and carrying on his life. I don't see what's wrong with either of those, they fit the movie perfectly. Luther is a racist prick, he believes aliens such as Superman are harmful to humankind and wants to destroy them. Regarding his later stages of the movie, well he communicated with Apocalypse (we know because Doomsday is Apocalypse's bitch) and Apocalypse corrupts people (as far as I'm aware).

Your "points" don't make sense beyond you being too dense to watch a movie that requires even a tiny bit of thought.

What movie did you watch? Batman was literally about to spear Supes when Supes muttered "Martha" and Bats threw the spear down and screamed "What did you say?" As to the rest of this post you need to go rewatch the film as you did not pay attention.

Stop repressing Muff's closely held beliefs. You are being racist.

"If we are honest—and scientists have to be—we must admit that religion is a jumble of false assertions, with no basis in reality.
The very idea of God is a product of the human imagination."
- Paul Dirac