Rate the Last Film You've Seen

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Votes - 5 Average
26-05-2016, 06:24 PM
RE: Rate the Last Film You've Seen
(21-05-2016 11:21 PM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  
(21-05-2016 10:47 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  You're missing the point. It's about Batman going from seeing him as a monster who destroyed a city, to a humble caring person. Batman relates to Superman, he seems himself in Superman. After all, what if Batman decided to become a bad guy? There must be even a 1% chance there too.

Because he thought he was a monster.
The Superman in this movie is not yet Jesus Superman. He becomes Jesus everyone loves me Superman at the very very end. But at that point in the movie he was who the fuck is this cunt superman.

The scene of them relating is Batman getting to see Superman for what he really is and Batman relating to Superman.

Yes and no. Batman had a desire to fight Superman, but Superman had no desire to fight Batman. What Lex did was about getting Superman to fight, not Batman.

I see this sorta like in movies where someone shoots someone and than immediately sees what they do and toss the gun away in disgust.

It's a weapon that was designed solely to kill her boyfriend. Why wouldn't she be disgusted and wanna toss it away?

It's like you and me now we differing philosophies.
Batman and Superman had different ideas so it was like a clash of ideas like how a republican will banter with a democrat.

Prior to their fight Superman is an unknown to Batman, that's the threat. During the fight Batman "gets to know" Superman and no longer views him as a threat.

No argument here with that one.

That's not literal. (I know that sounds theistic, but it's actually true in this case)
He's a big dude in a big black bat suit. He didn't mean it literally, he meant it as a calming I'm not gonna hurt you way. I thought that was pretty fucking obvious.

Why doesn't that sort of stuff happen in EVERY SUPERHERO MOVIE EVER!

And I don't believe he knew what he was up too. He obviously spoke to Apocalypse in that ship, "summoned" him to Earth. Apocalypse controls people and shit.
I blame Apocalypse for the whole Doomsday thing.

So I started watching Strike Back. It's a TV show. It's really fucking good.

Well, I think we can at least agree on this...

[Image: fuckonamiheader.png]

You are the most fun person to argue with at least. Tongue
Why we saying fuck Konami now? Was someone watching Xmen or X2.. or Watchmen.

Which the screenplays were written by Solid Snake/Naked Snake.

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
30-05-2016, 05:10 PM
Watching Heartbreak Ridge. Love this movie, so funny.

[Image: dnw9krH.jpg?4]
[+] 1 user Likes Heatheness's post
30-05-2016, 05:14 PM
Saw Deadpool ... Awesome.

Check out my now-defunct atheism blog. It's just a blog, no ads, no revenue, no gods.
----
Atheism promotes critical thinking; theism promotes hypocritical thinking. -- Me
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes WillHopp's post
30-05-2016, 05:42 PM
Deadpool is the best superhero movie made so far, by far.

. . . ................................ ......................................... . [Image: 2dsmnow.gif] Eat at Joe's
30-05-2016, 06:14 PM
(30-05-2016 05:42 PM)Slowminded Wrote:  Deadpool is the best superhero movie made so far, by far.

Aren't you forgetting a little movie called Meteor Man?

I'm so glad that the superhero movie has become so much better over the last decade. I'd also agree that Deadpool is probably the best so far.
[+] 1 user Likes WeAreTheCosmos's post
03-06-2016, 08:56 PM (This post was last modified: 03-06-2016 09:04 PM by Shai Hulud.)
X-Men: Apocalypse.

6/10

A slow and plodding beginning where they have to set up tons of backstory on how they've messed with the timeline and changed things relating to Apocalypse from the comics makes the film seem to drag on even past its 2 hour and 20 minute run time. The Four Horsemen get remarkably little screen time, and Apocalypse himself keeps using the same handful of tricks out of a vast array of powers, coming off as a one trick pony. The costume design is pretty uninspired on the whole, and Apocalypse himself resembles Ivan Ooze from the first Power Rangers movie, more than he does his comic book self. Still a good movie, even when we're not doing action, there's some great dialogue and introspection by some characters, but really, this film convinced me that Singer needs to hand off the Directorship to a new person, like the guy who did a great job with First Class.

Edit: Also, a rather glaring change from the trailer. When Apocalypse is saying all the names he's been called, he changes "Yahweh" from the trailer to "Elohim".

Need to think of a witty signature.
04-06-2016, 06:28 AM
(30-05-2016 05:42 PM)Slowminded Wrote:  Deadpool is the best superhero movie made so far, by far.

Not better than Iron Man 3. Tongue

Deadpool sure is fun, though. Personally waiting for Dr. Strange. Wink

living word
[+] 1 user Likes houseofcantor's post
04-06-2016, 06:30 AM
(04-06-2016 06:28 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  

Not better than Iron Man 3. Tongue

I do hope that is sarcasm lol

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
04-06-2016, 06:33 AM
(04-06-2016 06:30 AM)JDog554 Wrote:  
(04-06-2016 06:28 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  Not better than Iron Man 3. Tongue

I do hope that is sarcasm lol

I'll give you sarcasm where the sun don't shine. Angry

Laugh out load

You know I'm totally biased, right? Wink

IM3 had the most Gwynnies, and Ben Kingsley's Mandarin is one of my favorite performances ever in the history of ever.

living word
04-06-2016, 06:35 AM
(04-06-2016 06:33 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  
(04-06-2016 06:30 AM)JDog554 Wrote:  I do hope that is sarcasm lol

IM3 had the most Gwynnies

Well, can't argue with that.

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
[+] 1 user Likes JDog554's post