Rate the Last Film You've Seen

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Votes - 5 Average
30-06-2016, 10:44 PM
RE: Rate the Last Film You've Seen
Not a movie a TV series.

Marco Polo.

Very good. Only one season long, 10 episodes but worth a watch. I got 2 episodes to go.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
01-07-2016, 12:27 PM
The Purge: Election Year

Pretty decent overall. Great behind the scenes political looks at the Purge, as well as the Purge Night and the aftermath. Can't say much more without spoilers, but the people who made it said that Donald Trump's Presidential run has influenced how the film turned out.

3.5/5

Need to think of a witty signature.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
01-07-2016, 02:12 PM
The Shallows

5/5

Very intense film. Especially scarier for me to watch considering I do not know how to swim.
07-07-2016, 05:10 PM
10/10 for the Langoliers
Love the idea of the story, love Stephen King anyway. Acting wasn't too bad and for being made in 1995, the special effects were pretty good too.

"Freedom is the freedom to say that 2+2=4" - George Orwell (in 1984)
- Wotsefack?! -
[+] 1 user Likes Leerob's post
07-07-2016, 06:05 PM
(07-07-2016 05:10 PM)Leela Wrote:  10/10 for the Langoliers
Love the idea of the story, love Stephen King anyway. Acting wasn't too bad and for being made in 1995, the special effects were pretty good too.

Laugh out load

"If we are honest—and scientists have to be—we must admit that religion is a jumble of false assertions, with no basis in reality.
The very idea of God is a product of the human imagination."
- Paul Dirac
07-07-2016, 06:10 PM
(29-06-2016 06:10 PM)Shai Hulud Wrote:  ID4: Resurgence

Not going as far as FC; I also saw it on $5 Tuesday though. It suffers from Roland Emmerich's greatest failing (aside from questionable moral decisions in 2012...why am I supposed to cheer the 'hero' who almost dooms an entire ark of tens of thousands to let some extra people they don't have supplies for in while the waters are crashing against the side of the ship?), the need to have a giant cast and then everyone gets so little screentime that everything seems rushed and no one gets truly fleshed out. It was decent, and it's not like the original is Casablanca, but still, the original was better.

3.5/5 for me overall; a nice change from the cheesy Christian movies I've been watching.

If you haven't seen "If footmen tire you, what will horses do?" yet you are truly missing out. It is on youtube and it is hilarious. The other Estes Perkle movies are on there too and they are all awesomel

"If we are honest—and scientists have to be—we must admit that religion is a jumble of false assertions, with no basis in reality.
- Paul Dirac
[+] 1 user Likes The Organic Chemist's post
08-07-2016, 04:37 PM
Dear Zachary

Pretty damn good. I don't believe in angels (obviously, because they're not real) but that's the only way to describe the old couple in that doco.
09-07-2016, 01:15 AM (This post was last modified: 09-07-2016 01:25 AM by EvolutionKills.)
(07-07-2016 06:10 PM)The Organic Chemist Wrote:  If you haven't seen "If footmen tire you, what will horses do?" yet you are truly missing out. It is on youtube and it is hilarious. The other Estes Perkle movies are on there too and they are all awesomel

God Awful Movies podcast, episode 29: If Footmen Tire you, What Will Horses Do?

http://godawfulmovies.libsyn.com/gam029-...-horses-do

It also gets covered as one of the 3 movies reviewed in the TTA episode where the GAM crew were guests.

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes EvolutionKills's post
09-07-2016, 03:41 PM
(09-07-2016 01:15 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  
(07-07-2016 06:10 PM)The Organic Chemist Wrote:  If you haven't seen "If footmen tire you, what will horses do?" yet you are truly missing out. It is on youtube and it is hilarious. The other Estes Perkle movies are on there too and they are all awesomel

God Awful Movies podcast, episode 29: If Footmen Tire you, What Will Horses Do?

http://godawfulmovies.libsyn.com/gam029-...-horses-do

It also gets covered as one of the 3 movies reviewed in the TTA episode where the GAM crew were guests.

I prefer Brad's review

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 1 user Likes Revenant77x's post
10-07-2016, 07:35 AM
GAM was what made me go watch it. They didn't do it justice for how hilariously bad it was. I then watched the other Perkle movies on youtube and laughed. I can't believe they used to show these to children. Scratch that, yes I can.

- Paul Dirac