Rate the Last Film You've Seen

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Votes - 5 Average
10-07-2016, 07:37 AM
RE: Rate the Last Film You've Seen
(07-07-2016 05:10 PM)Leela Wrote:  10/10 for the Langoliers
Love the idea of the story, love Stephen King anyway. Acting wasn't too bad and for being made in 1995, the special effects were pretty good too.

It's one of my favorite stories of his.........

Too bad they couldn't have gotten Daniel Craig to play Nick.....

he'd have been perfect......

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
10-07-2016, 08:17 AM
Love the idea of the story, love Stephen King anyway. Acting wasn't too bad and for being made in 1995, the special effects were pretty good too.

Langoliers was not too bad. I have not read the book so I do not know if the ending is the same. All the Stephen King books I have read of which movies were made have had the ending changed in the movie or missed important details.

Cujo was the most destroyed by the movie version. The whole underlying story was the monster in the closet (Randall Flagg) that told the boy "I will get you". It was not about the rapid dog. The dog was only the medium.

"They think, therefore I am" - god
10-07-2016, 11:38 AM
(10-07-2016 08:17 AM)TechnoMonkey Wrote:  All the Stephen King books I have read of which movies were made have had the ending changed in the movie or missed important details.
The only book of his that I read AND saw the movie too, is Thinner. I think they are both good in their own way.
Apart from that I thin I have only always either seen the movie or read the book.

-----------------

Just watched "No Child Of Mine" (1997) and I never ever cry when I watch a movie but this one ... In the end when she cries, I had a few tears coming out too. I don't even know how to rate it. Story like this, I don't wanna give it a high rating even though the movie is good and the acting was really really good. The story is just so disturbing and knowing that this one has happened and happens for real every day just makes it so much more... emotional... dunno.

"Freedom is the freedom to say that 2+2=4" - George Orwell (in 1984)
- Wotsefack?! -
11-07-2016, 02:39 AM
Chilling.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
11-07-2016, 07:56 PM

Along with The Mist, this has always been my favorite Stephen King novel made film. Pretty much my favorite on originality alone.
[+] 1 user Likes Fodder_From_The_Truth's post
12-07-2016, 12:31 AM
I'll rate the last two I've seen.

Love and Friendship -- Based on a Jane Austin novella "Lady Susan" (so says the credits). I found it impossible to follow the story. In fact, I'm not even certain this is a story. What entertainment the movie has comes from the very funny dialog in some scenes, the funniest being one where one of the characters (seemingly the village idiot) thinks there are twelve commandments in the Bible. Other than that, I was unable to sympathize with a bunch of people who thought it their right to live a life of entitlement, luxury and privilege.

The Legend of Tarzan -- First off, this movie is not a "Me Tarzan, You Jane" movie. It's more true to the spirit of Edgar Rice Burroughs' books (which I devoured as a kid). It tries hard to be an epic and is successful to a degree. It's a period piece set in 1889. (I think the books give Tarzan's birth date as 1888. Whatever.) Of course a Tarzan movie requires a lot of suspension of disbelief. It's unlikely that a feral child raised by animals would become a super-hero in a human population.

One aspect of Burroughs' books is that they are terribly racist, probably to be expected since they were written in an era when racism was widespread in America. I'm happy to report that this movie is not racist.

Sapere aude
12-07-2016, 01:09 AM
X-Men: Apocalypse - 2/10. Nothing good in that movie, it wasn't even bad in a way that would make it funny.

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
12-07-2016, 06:13 AM
Zero Days

Doco/movie about STUXnet and Olympic Games (not the Olympic Games but the cyber attack plan the US had in the case Israeli attacked Iran).

Pretty interesting shit and I good doco. Took me like half an hour to realize it was a doco and not a made up sci-fi story. ><
12-07-2016, 06:15 AM
Went and saw "Finding Dory" last night....

Cute..... Sorta like a puppy chewing on your shoe......

It's kind of fun to watch, but you really wish it'd stop.......

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
12-07-2016, 06:29 PM (This post was last modified: 12-07-2016 11:03 PM by jennybee.)
I saw Eddie the Eagle. It was Meh. Some cute parts. Pretty predictable, but a feel good movie. It's about an Olympic hopeful who faces obstacle after obstacle in achieving his dreams. Hugh Jackman was hot in it, so there's that. Wink

4/10

"Let the waters settle and you will see the moon and stars mirrored in your own being." -Rumi
[+] 1 user Likes jennybee's post