Rate the Last Film You've Seen

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Votes - 5 Average
09-08-2016, 06:51 PM
RE: Rate the Last Film You've Seen
(09-08-2016 06:45 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  
(07-08-2016 08:08 PM)Dark Wanderer Wrote:  [Image: batman_the_killing_joke-391866587-large.jpg]

Eh, it wasn't too shabby. But overall I figured it was going to be amazing, so I was rather disappointed. Quickly scanned over some reviews before I watched it, and almost everyone said the first half was pointless. I figured they were being overly harsh, but it really was totally unnecessary. Strayed from the comic, changed one character's personality compeltely, and added absolutely nothing to the overall story. Still, the second half was almost a direct adaptation of the comic. So while it didn't do anything unexpected or interesting, it was pretty faithful to the original source material. Hamill and Conroy were as good as ever, also.

Yea when I watched it I thought the first half was completely pointless too.
So did my flatmate. My flatmate has read the comic and said that that first half isn't even in the comic, apparently a bunch of feminist had a cry about it so they added that first half in or some shit?? Either way it felt more like 2 episodes of a tv series than a movie.

I saw Suicide Squad at the movies over the weekend.
It was great. 7.5/10.
This Joker is sublime. So so so so much better than Dark Knight Joker.
Jared Leto fucking NAILED it.

You could have literally started the movie where batman found the bodies and nobody would have thought twice about it. Other than the shorter running time.

Well, those are some strange feminists since they turned Batgirl into a stupid and impulsive schoolgirl. Who isn't even very good at fighting crime after 3 years. It's the only instance of Barbara having a romantic interest in Batman, which is rather weird considering the mentor relationship they have and the age gap. She's usually riding Dick's dick.

But yeah the second half is almost dead-on to the comic.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
09-08-2016, 06:52 PM
I watched the new Star Trek. It was ok. Typical new Star trek.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
09-08-2016, 06:57 PM
(09-08-2016 06:52 PM)Banjo Wrote:  I watched the new Star Trek. It was ok. Typical new Star trek.

I still haven't tried to watch any of the new Treks. They seem too much action oriented for my taste.
09-08-2016, 07:04 PM
(09-08-2016 06:51 PM)Dark Wanderer Wrote:  
(09-08-2016 06:45 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  Yea when I watched it I thought the first half was completely pointless too.
So did my flatmate. My flatmate has read the comic and said that that first half isn't even in the comic, apparently a bunch of feminist had a cry about it so they added that first half in or some shit?? Either way it felt more like 2 episodes of a tv series than a movie.

I saw Suicide Squad at the movies over the weekend.
It was great. 7.5/10.
This Joker is sublime. So so so so much better than Dark Knight Joker.
Jared Leto fucking NAILED it.

You could have literally started the movie where batman found the bodies and nobody would have thought twice about it. Other than the shorter running time.

Well, those are some strange feminists since they turned Batgirl into a stupid and impulsive schoolgirl. Who isn't even very good at fighting crime after 3 years. It's the only instance of Barbara having a romantic interest in Batman, which is rather weird considering the mentor relationship they have and the age gap. She's usually riding Dick's dick.

But yeah the second half is almost dead-on to the comic.

The biggest issue I had was because it was so different I started to get into the second bit with the joker but because it was only half a movie long it ended so abruptly for me. I did not expect it to end where it did, it felt like it needed another half an hour of something.

[Image: oscar.png]
09-08-2016, 08:04 PM
(08-08-2016 05:19 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  
(07-08-2016 08:30 PM)Shai Hulud Wrote:  The Campaign. 4/5

Great satire to revisit in this political season. Cam Brady is a politician in a sex scandal, so an eccentric man is chosen to run against him by the thinly veiled Koch brothers. It lampoons the whole fake image we present and the behind the scenes stuff that goes on. The war between the candidates continues to escalate through the entire film, including baby punching, dog punching, sex tape commercials with one screwing the other's wife, and a "hunting accident" in retaliation where one shoots the other in front of a group of hunters and "nobody saw anything" and even a hilarious snake handling scene in a church where a candidate is bitten and yells a series of curses, which the churchgoers condemn him for, and then he goes, "God has cured me of the venom in my veins and the blasphemy in my heart!" and then falls through a stained glass window. Real world media personalities guest star as themselves, including Wolf Blitzer of CNN, MSNBC's Chis Matthews, and Bill Maher.

I you want a great "election movie" -- try and find "Riders of the Storm"....

Mega strange/funny movie....

This was my first thought, though I quickly determined it's probably not what you had in mind.

[Image: MV5BMTMwNjE1NzU5MF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTYwNTE4NDM5._V1_.jpg]

'Murican Canadian
12-08-2016, 09:08 PM
Money Monster.

8/10 I rather enjoyed it. Simple concept movie but it was just good entertainment.

16-08-2016, 07:22 PM
Suicide Squad: 4.5/5

Good action, character development, hilarious at points. This had to be one of Will Smith's best jobs he's done in years, role wise, other than the movie about concussions and the NFL.

(08-08-2016 05:19 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  I you want a great "election movie" -- try and find "Riders of the Storm"....

Mega strange/funny movie....

I'll definitely keep a look out for it. Especially after looking up the plot summary with disrupting the airwaves from an old B-29. Big fan of political comedies; Wag the Dog is good too, with a fake war to distract from a sex scandal.

Need to think of a witty signature.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
16-08-2016, 07:29 PM
(16-08-2016 07:22 PM)Shai Hulud Wrote:  Suicide Squad: 4.5/5

Good action, character development, hilarious at points. This had to be one of Will Smith's best jobs he's done in years, role wise, other than the movie about concussions and the NFL.

Saw Suicide Squad the other day too. Pretty entertaining. That part with Deadshot at the shooting range was hilarious. Never seen such over the top marksmanship.
17-08-2016, 06:32 AM
Finest Hour --- (on dvd)

Based on a true story -- of what's considered the wildest rescue by a US Coast Guard small boat -- one of the old 36MLB (motor lifeboat).

Meh ---

It was OK - but they sure fucked the goat, with some pretty obvious blunders................

For one -- they're out in 60 foot seas -- with the door to the forward survivors compartment wide open................

Duh....

spoiler alert

At the end of the movie - they show them pulling back into port -- with all the survivors stacked on the deck like cordwood.

SOP would be for them to be crammed into the forward and aft survivor's compartment -- and as overloaded as they were - they probably stuck a few into the engine room and maybe even a couple of the voids.

Witnesses who saw the actual event - said there was ONE survivor on deck with the four crewmen -- and at first they thought that's all there was aboard. Then the witness laughed and related that when the survivors started coming out of the boat - "It looked like a clown car" --- which it would -- with 34 survivors and 4 crewmen on a boat designed for 12 total.....

I guess they thought it'd be too humorous for the end of the movie...

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
19-08-2016, 10:14 PM (This post was last modified: 19-08-2016 10:18 PM by earmuffs.)
April 9th.

A WW2 film from the perspective of a Danish bicycle division. And yea I know how that sounds, but it was a seriously good film.
Well worth a watch if you don't mind reading subtitles (or speak Danish).

There was no massive feels moment like there usually is with WW2 movies, or any massive battles going on for like half the movie.
It was simply just a good movie.