Rate the Last Film You've Seen

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Votes - 5 Average
06-09-2016, 06:53 AM
RE: Rate the Last Film You've Seen
I saw the latest Star trek. It was like the other latest Star treks.

I blame George Lucas for destroying cinema. Smile

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
06-09-2016, 07:28 AM
At work.

Tongue Banjo.

Considering the 80's fashion and hair styles of the first Star Trek movie all those decades ago the current batch haven't been too bad.
06-09-2016, 08:01 AM
(06-09-2016 07:28 AM)Peebothuhul Wrote:  At work.

Tongue Banjo.

Considering the 80's fashion and hair styles of the first Star Trek movie all those decades ago the current batch haven't been too bad.

If you like Star wars. Wink

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
[+] 1 user Likes Banjo's post
06-09-2016, 08:25 AM
(06-09-2016 08:01 AM)Banjo Wrote:  
(06-09-2016 07:28 AM)Peebothuhul Wrote:  At work.

Tongue Banjo.

If you like Star wars. Wink

Wait a minute! It is sacrilege to confuse Star Trek with Star Wars. Because Star Trek is so much better.
06-09-2016, 08:30 AM
Star Wars is its own thing. I love both for different reasons. I haven't watched the new Trek movies but they look very Star Warsy from what little i have seen, which offends the nerd in me.
06-09-2016, 09:45 AM
Regarding the Star Trek franchise ---

Just in case nobody's seen it ---

Howcome --- every time human civilization is at risk -- they send these idiots out on the Enterprise??? Hasn't anybody at Star Fleet noticed?? This "crew" keeps getting the ships beat to shit, blown up, and crashed on stray planets........

In the Navy -- you run a ship up onto a sand bar - and you'll be lucky if they don't execute your ass..........

I guess standards got relaxed in the 23 century....

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
06-09-2016, 03:20 PM
Ben Hur. I've not seen the original but...it was okay. Not great, not bad. Not sure what I'd rate it. The ending just seemed too...nicely wrapped up?

Need to think of a witty signature.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
06-09-2016, 03:27 PM
(06-09-2016 08:25 AM)Grasshopper Wrote:  
(06-09-2016 08:01 AM)Banjo Wrote:  If you like Star wars. Wink

Wait a minute! It is sacrilege to confuse Star Trek with Star Wars. Because Star Trek is so much better.

You have never seen a lightsaber helicopter.

[Image: Z7apJGL.gif]

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
[+] 1 user Likes JDog554's post
06-09-2016, 04:00 PM
(06-09-2016 09:45 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  Regarding the Star Trek franchise ---

Just in case nobody's seen it ---

Howcome --- every time human civilization is at risk -- they send these idiots out on the Enterprise??? Hasn't anybody at Star Fleet noticed?? This "crew" keeps getting the ships beat to shit, blown up, and crashed on stray planets........

In the Navy -- you run a ship up onto a sand bar - and you'll be lucky if they don't execute your ass..........

I guess standards got relaxed in the 23 century....

Well, in the Enterprise' defense they generally do a lot better than whatever other Federation ships happen to show up in the same episode. Those are always destroyed with all hands lost.

[Image: 08-thebestofbothworldsii-1-r.jpg]

[Image: contagion029.jpg]
06-09-2016, 04:03 PM
(06-09-2016 03:27 PM)JDog554 Wrote:  
(06-09-2016 08:25 AM)Grasshopper Wrote:  Wait a minute! It is sacrilege to confuse Star Trek with Star Wars. Because Star Trek is so much better.

You have never seen a lightsaber helicopter.

[Image: Z7apJGL.gif]

Meh. Both franchises had cheesy special effects early on, and much better ones now. But I'm not that impressed by that sort of thing. I'm more into characters, plots, etc. -- and Star Trek wins big in those departments. Its characters are more believable, more likable, and more interesting.
[+] 2 users Like Grasshopper's post