Rate the Last Film You've Seen

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 5 Average
01-03-2011, 07:30 PM
RE: Rate the Last Film You've Seen
The Departed (Martin Scorsese, 2006) -- 5 out of 5
Awesome crime drama. Once again, Scorsese knocks it out of the park. While it's not as good as GoodFellas, it's damn close. Great acting by everyone, especially Jack Nicholson. Hell, even Mark Wahlberg is good in it. The music is great, too. It all just comes together to make one of the best films of the decade, even though it is a bit long (though many Scorsese films are long).

[Image: 4hs9p5.png]

"Remember, Jesus would rather constantly shame gays than let orphans have a family."
-Stephen Colbert
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes jkshrout's post
04-03-2011, 04:37 PM

Due Date: 6.9 out of 10.00

Why? Well it was funny, I will definitely give it that. However it could have been done much better, I would have liked to have seen more character development out of both characters. The ending was abrupt and terrible, although I did laugh profusely when the character appeared on 2 and a Half Men.

I just thought it has a great structure and foundation, but it wasn't done to the fullest extent it could have been.
Quote this message in a reply
04-03-2011, 07:14 PM

Moon
Starring Sam Rockwell. (And the voice of Keven Spacey)
I love movies with a twist that takes the viewer out of what they thought they were watching, and then makes a sharp turn where all the drop jaw surprises catch the attention. Moon is just that. 4 out of 5 stars. It is a little dry, as in a tad slow in the beginning, however, SR does so well at bringing the confined space solitary energy to life on screen that one can almost feel what it would be like to be Astronaut Sam Bell. TrailerSmile

Sam Rockwell was also stellar in, The Green Mile.
[+] 3 users Like GassyKitten's post
04-03-2011, 11:51 PM

Machete: 8.7 out of 10.00

Bahahahahaha the amount of gore in this movie is pure awesome. I've always thought Danny Trejo is an amazing actor, I love his appearances in Rob Zombie movies (speaking of which I'm eager for the new one he's making entitled Lords of Salem, sounds really neat). The only thing I didn't like about the movie was 1) it had Lindsay Lohan 2) she was naked 3) jessica alba's acting.

Other than that, fantastic
[+] 1 user Likes Diclonius's post
15-09-2011, 02:35 AM

Big Grin RE: Rate the Last Film You've Seen
Last night, I'd watched Shark Night 3D at theater with my friends group but I don't like the storyline of this movie. I like the horrible part of this movie & I think, ending part is much better then starting.. I'll give them 7/10.....
03-10-2011, 07:05 PM
Killer Elite (Gary McKendry, 2011) ***½
I finally got around to seeing this, and I'm glad I did. It was a lot better than I expected it to be. I've always loved Jason Statham, and he proved once again why he's my favorite action star. Robert De Niro and Clive Owen are also good in this, although De Niro isn't in it as much as I had expected and hoped (still, it's nice to see him actually care about a role). The film tries to have a story, which is a surprise for this kind of film. It's kind of funny, because these kinds of films generally have no plot, but this one actually gets kinda convoluted. Still, it's not half-bad and there's a fair bit of mystery to it. Obviously the bread and butter of this film is the action, and that was done really well. There are some fast-paced, exhilarating hand-to-hand fight scenes, one great one in particular between Statham and Owen in a hospital. De Niro also has his fair share of combat scenes, and I never realized how badass he could be at his age. Overall, if you're looking for a deep movie you'll be disappointed, but any fan of action movies should enjoy this, especially if you like Jason Statham.

[Image: 4hs9p5.png]

"Remember, Jesus would rather constantly shame gays than let orphans have a family."
-Stephen Colbert
[+] 1 user Likes jkshrout's post
01-01-2012, 01:37 PM
I watched Die Hard 1 + 2 last night

I found the first one ok once I accepted the situation. I liked it for the action scenes and who wouldn't love a movie with Bruce Willis in it!
The second movie had an equally weird stupid story (my opinion) but not enough action for me to like it.

[Image: 69p7qx.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
01-01-2012, 01:50 PM
I watched The Help last night. Quite a good movie - I rate it highly.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
02-01-2012, 02:41 PM
I just rewatched the green mile. Saw it as a teenager and just found it cool. By now I really honestly like it. The actors are doing a great job, omg I hated the bad guy, he really played his role.
The story is wonderful and how they pay this attention to detail in this movie. Not too much, just right. Building up the story so well.
I can only recommend it.

[Image: 69p7qx.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes Leela's post
03-01-2012, 09:12 AM
(04-03-2011 07:14 PM)GassyKitten Wrote:  Moon
Starring Sam Rockwell. (And the voice of Keven Spacey)
I love movies with a twist that takes the viewer out of what they thought they were watching, and then makes a sharp turn where all the drop jaw surprises catch the attention. Moon is just that. 4 out of 5 stars. It is a little dry, as in a tad slow in the beginning, however, SR does so well at bringing the confined space solitary energy to life on screen that one can almost feel what it would be like to be Astronaut Sam Bell. TrailerSmile

Sam Rockwell was also stellar in, The Green Mile.

Saw this one recently. It was good.

I watched Half Blood Prince part II the other night. I give it a 3/5 stars. Should have been more epic given the build up from the first book/film.

“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect.”

-Mark Twain