Rate the Last Film You've Seen

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Votes - 5 Average
06-09-2016, 06:22 PM
RE: Rate the Last Film You've Seen
(06-09-2016 08:25 AM)Grasshopper Wrote:  
(06-09-2016 08:01 AM)Banjo Wrote:  If you like Star wars. Wink

Wait a minute! It is sacrilege to confuse Star Trek with Star Wars. Because Star Trek is so much better.

This fucking close to neg repping you right now. ||
Big Grin
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like earmuffs's post
09-09-2016, 11:16 AM
I watched Daylight's End. It's a romance comedy--just kidding lol. It's about fricken zombies of course. I must say I do like my fair share of cheesy, low budget zombie movies, but this was meh. Not much story, action was meh, killing and violence was decent, acting was so-so. I give it two stars.

"Let the waters settle and you will see the moon and stars mirrored in your own being." -Rumi
09-09-2016, 12:16 PM
Range 15 finally came out. I picked it up from iTunes within seconds after it was released a few weeks back. Definitely fits the definition of cheesy zombie flicks. I watched it with the guys at my unit last drill and we all thought it was funny as hell, though I'm not sure if non-military types would appreciate the completely screwed up humour. One guy goes through most of the movie with a blow up sex doll glued to his dick and, as the advertisement claims, that's not even the most fucked up relationship in the movie Laugh out load

'Murican Canadian
[+] 1 user Likes yakherder's post
09-09-2016, 01:49 PM
(09-09-2016 12:16 PM)yakherder Wrote:  Range 15 finally came out. I picked it up from iTunes within seconds after it was released a few weeks back. Definitely fits the definition of cheesy zombie flicks. I watched it with the guys at my unit last drill and we all thought it was funny as hell, though I'm not sure if non-military types would appreciate the completely screwed up humour. One guy goes through most of the movie with a blow up sex doll glued to his dick and, as the advertisement claims, that's not even the most fucked up relationship in the movie Laugh out load

"One guy goes through most of the movie with a blow up sex doll glued to his dick..."

Lol--while fighting zombies? If yes, that movie just made it to my viewing list this weekend Wink

"Let the waters settle and you will see the moon and stars mirrored in your own being." -Rumi
[+] 1 user Likes jennybee's post
09-09-2016, 08:02 PM
(09-09-2016 01:49 PM)jennybee Wrote:  
(09-09-2016 12:16 PM)yakherder Wrote:  Range 15 finally came out. I picked it up from iTunes within seconds after it was released a few weeks back. Definitely fits the definition of cheesy zombie flicks. I watched it with the guys at my unit last drill and we all thought it was funny as hell, though I'm not sure if non-military types would appreciate the completely screwed up humour. One guy goes through most of the movie with a blow up sex doll glued to his dick and, as the advertisement claims, that's not even the most fucked up relationship in the movie Laugh out load

"One guy goes through most of the movie with a blow up sex doll glued to his dick..."

Lol--while fighting zombies? If yes, that movie just made it to my viewing list this weekend Wink
Yep. I'll summarize the tone of the movie with a quote:
"Did you know it had epoxy in it before you fucked it?"
"I had my suspicions but everything is speculation till ya jam your dick into it."

'Murican Canadian
09-09-2016, 10:28 PM
Watched Civil War again.

[Image: captain-america-civil-war-poster.jpg]

Still fucking awesome.

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 2 users Like EvolutionKills's post
10-09-2016, 04:49 PM
Watched Sausage Party the other day.
It's meh. It's totally one big Atheist propaganda movie though.
[+] 2 users Like earmuffs's post
10-09-2016, 08:43 PM (This post was last modified: 10-09-2016 08:48 PM by Shai Hulud.)
God's Club. 0.5/5

By Promise Films and Dove Channel...oy. Just...below the spoiler tags for spoilers. But for just one, I have to say, I have never seen a movie before where evil atheist kids throw a molotov cocktail through a person's window.
Man, Stephen Baldwin's acting is more wooden than a pirate leg. Actually I think Hayden Christiansen showed more emotion as Anakin Skywalker. Evil atheist at schoolboard meeting is screaming how God has no place in the public school. "I want to teach Biblical precepts like love, joy, respect for authority, self worth"...and then as the husband professes his love, wife takes her eyes off the road to kiss him, and they get t-boned and she gets killed, and now he must trumpet the Bible Club he himself had been against. This is a true tragedy, she was the only one so far that could act in this film, not well, but could. Also how is this a t-bone hit and run that flipped the car and then the other vehicle is now nowhere in sight? That should be impossible given this damage.

How do teachers afford this good a house? My mother was a public school teacher, with a master's degree, for over 30 years and definitely never made this kind of house's money. Also considering husband wasn't super into the Bible Club idea, I'm guessing the wife's the one who decorated the whole place in Jesus stuff...crucifix, Jesus painting, etc. Baldwin's friend is trying to get him to come back to work so he doesn't get fired, they gave him 12 weeks of a 7 day long bereavement leave. He's gonna go back now...and Stephen Baldwin's motions are so robotic, just like his voice.

Uh Stephen, pretty sure you, as a teacher, aren't allowed to recruit for "God's Club" on a school campus as a teacher, and trying to convince the kids, talk about God. Also starting your class with a moment of silence/prayer for your dead wife is kinda...sketch. Discount Marco Rubio is leading an evil cabal of atheist parents looking to shut down the "brainwashing". Principal is warning the club about all the things it shouldn't do. Oh look, hints that one of the evil atheist cabal is a child abuser. Also I think we're setting up the "miraculous healing" of a kid with depression, where we don't need no stinking man made medication while we have prayers. Holy product placement Action Bible comic.

Discount Marco Rubio is an asshole. "Where was God when your wife died eh?" And he's upset his kid now thinks he's going to Hell due to the Action Bible. Oh fistfight between Discount Marco Rubio and Stephen Baldwin, action in a film hasn't been so hammy since I watched the original Star Trek episodes this weekend. Now Discount Marco Rubio's kids have broken into the school and are trashing Baldwin's classroom, spraypainting "WORST TEACHER" on the board, toilet papering it, and tearing up the God's Club signs. And kid who is in love with Baldwin's daughter is helping them. And principal has just told us they tore up the Bibles offscreen. And Discount Marco Rubio's kids just beat up Baldwin's daughter, and she's the one that got suspended, because, you know, persecution.

Long drawn out scene with depressed kid's therapist about God, therapist keeps deflecting question about if he believes in God. But definite hints that praying will cure him. One of evil atheist cabal's daughters just fucking molotov cocktailed Baldwin and his daughter's home and spray painted the car "WORST TEACHER EVER". Seems like very little damage for a molotov. One of our atheist cabal is confronting his son for not taking his Prozac, and is angry that he's trying prayer and the Bible instead, "but dad, it works!". And the molotov person has been found out, because a kid told on her due to it being "The Christian thing to do". And there goes therapist breaking patient-doctor confidentiality...

School Board meeting has no one with half a brain opposing Bible Club, just a bunch of strawmen atheists. Baldwin is giving what is probably the film's climactic speech. About how he should've been better in faith and prayed with his dying wife. "A separation of church and state should never mean a separation from God." And how he won't press charges against Discount Marco Rubio's daughter for molotoving his house due to his faith.

And Beard Man Atheist's kid who <3s Baldwin's daughter goes to jump off a bridge, her praying next to him stops him, flash forward to him helping lead a full Bible Club, and oh look his depression has magically gone away with prayer and Bible reading! End film to room full of clapping after he reads the Armor of God passage, implying his depression was caused by Satan.

Dude, I kinda want to call the FFRF on you now Stephen Baldwin's character. Your Bible Club is teaching things like "Don't take that wacky modern medicine kids, just pray it all away."

Need to think of a witty signature.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Shai Hulud's post
11-09-2016, 01:47 PM
I saw "Sully" last night. As an airline pilot I was hesitant, as Hollywood is infamous for screwing aviation stories up beyond all recognition.

However, Eastwood and Hanks did a very good job. I enjoyed the movie, and although I don't know if it was completely accurate, it did jibe perfectly with the facts as I know them.

I'd say they did a wonderful job of creating a 90 minute movie out of an event that took 208 seconds.

I'll give it a 4/5. Mostly due to the apparent accuracy and Hanks, who was brilliant.
[+] 1 user Likes The Dark One's post
11-09-2016, 02:02 PM
(11-09-2016 01:47 PM)The Dark One Wrote:  I saw "Sully" last night. As an airline pilot I was hesitant, as Hollywood is infamous for screwing aviation stories up beyond all recognition.

However, Eastwood and Hanks did a very good job. I enjoyed the movie, and although I don't know if it was completely accurate, it did jibe perfectly with the facts as I know them.

I'd say they did a wonderful job of creating a 90 minute movie out of an event that took 208 seconds.

I'll give it a 4/5. Mostly due to the apparent accuracy and Hanks, who was brilliant.

I loved the movie, "Sully". It was entertaining, and it wasn't too long. I'm selective about seeing movies in theaters because sitting still for +2 hours can be torture for me. Sully came in at 96 minutes, which was just enough time to tell the story without overdoing it.
[+] 1 user Likes Aliza's post