Rate the Last Film You've Seen

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Votes - 5 Average
10-10-2016, 01:05 AM (This post was last modified: 10-10-2016 01:12 AM by Szuchow.)
RE: Rate the Last Film You've Seen
Suicide Squad. I watched it with mild interest so I gather it wasn't bad, even if some of characters were infuriating.
Also I couldn't really believe that no one killed Waller for her dickishness. Killer app wasn't credible threat to someone like Deadshot.

It's mistake that I often see in games - threatening someone cause you imagine that you have upper hand. I realize that some/most of it is plot related but come on. One of most glaring examples of this I've seen in Witcher 3 when in one quest on Skellige I was forced to surrender cause some village hacks threatened me with attack. Me, killing machine who forgotten more about swordplay than they ever known. Such action requires making pretty big assumptions, same like in Suicide Squad. Team killing bitch and her military tough guy-sidekick should be dead moment they put their phones away.

7/10.

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Szuchow's post
10-10-2016, 03:11 AM
(10-10-2016 01:05 AM)Szuchow Wrote:  Suicide Squad. I watched it with mild interest so I gather it wasn't bad, even if some of characters were infuriating.
Also I couldn't really believe that no one killed Waller for her dickishness. Killer app wasn't credible threat to someone like Deadshot.

It's mistake that I often see in games - threatening someone cause you imagine that you have upper hand. I realize that some/most of it is plot related but come on. One of most glaring examples of this I've seen in Witcher 3 when in one quest on Skellige I was forced to surrender cause some village hacks threatened me with attack. Me, killing machine who forgotten more about swordplay than they ever known. Such action requires making pretty big assumptions, same like in Suicide Squad. Team killing bitch and her military tough guy-sidekick should be dead moment they put their phones away.

7/10.

Am i the only one that thinks Batman was a total bitch for ambushing deadshot while with his daughter?
[+] 1 user Likes Dark Wanderer's post
10-10-2016, 03:26 AM
(10-10-2016 03:11 AM)Dark Wanderer Wrote:  
(10-10-2016 01:05 AM)Szuchow Wrote:  Suicide Squad. I watched it with mild interest so I gather it wasn't bad, even if some of characters were infuriating.

7/10.

Am i the only one that thinks Batman was a total bitch for ambushing deadshot while with his daughter?

Maybe. For me it is just smart thinking.

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
10-10-2016, 05:13 AM
(10-10-2016 03:26 AM)Szuchow Wrote:  
(10-10-2016 03:11 AM)Dark Wanderer Wrote:  Am i the only one that thinks Batman was a total bitch for ambushing deadshot while with his daughter?

Maybe. For me it is just smart thinking.

Yeah, but not typical of the usual depiction of Batman. Even a "fuck it all" version of Batman like that one. It does make sense realistically though, since Deadshot would instantly headshot Batman otherwise.
10-10-2016, 05:35 AM
(10-10-2016 05:13 AM)Dark Wanderer Wrote:  
(10-10-2016 03:26 AM)Szuchow Wrote:  Maybe. For me it is just smart thinking.

Yeah, but not typical of the usual depiction of Batman. Even a "fuck it all" version of Batman like that one. It does make sense realistically though, since Deadshot would instantly headshot Batman otherwise.

I find Batman no killing rule to be idiotic so tiniest bit of darkness and healthy dose of pragmatism looks good to me.

Mikhail Bakunin.
10-10-2016, 05:42 AM
(10-10-2016 05:35 AM)Szuchow Wrote:  
(10-10-2016 05:13 AM)Dark Wanderer Wrote:  Yeah, but not typical of the usual depiction of Batman. Even a "fuck it all" version of Batman like that one. It does make sense realistically though, since Deadshot would instantly headshot Batman otherwise.

I find Batman no killing rule to be idiotic so tiniest bit of darkness and healthy dose of pragmatism looks good to me.

I think it's stupid only when the medium doesn't commit to it. Take the Arkham games, where Batman clearly just fractured a dude's skull and electrocuted him by smashing his face into a power converter box. That dude is dead, or will be soon; so don't try to sell me that Batman is 'no-killing' in that situation.

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 2 users Like EvolutionKills's post
10-10-2016, 07:05 AM
Those are all valid points. Still, not killing IS kind of his thing, stupid as it is.
10-10-2016, 09:41 AM
(10-10-2016 12:42 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  
(10-10-2016 12:22 AM)kim Wrote:  It's been written about for over 170 years so, it's about time the story becomes official US history.

I'll give it an 8 out of 10. Thumbsup

It's always been a part of our history, even if some have done their best to attempt to wipe it out. That being said, the movie is a piece of cultural myth-making; lionizing Nat Turner and his story in the same way that generations prior did to Davey Crockett. So i'd be wary of mistaking it with hard history, and just enjoy it for what it is; someone in Hollywood giving Nat Turner his chance at the 'Elizabeth:The Golden Age' treatment.

[Image: elizabeth-golden-age1.jpg]

Very true however, there wasn't much Hollywood at all in this film - which surprised me. In fact, I think I was expecting much to be romanticized and was kind of relieved that so much was pretty even handed. It really didn't tell me anything I didn't already know.

It showed how violently brutal and senseless the killings on the plantations were. Nat and his followers murdered everyone in the main houses, including very innocent women and children and even several other slaves - this was not left out of this film. It also showed the retribution for the uprising, which I do think has been downplayed in some historical accounts.

Over all, I thought it was a pretty balanced view of the facts - emotional, of course because, yay movies! but, about as accurate as a "dramatization" can get. Shy

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 2 users Like kim's post
11-10-2016, 07:44 PM
Started watching Westworld. So far so very good.
Very original.

[Image: oscar.png]
[+] 2 users Like earmuffs's post
12-10-2016, 01:11 PM
(11-10-2016 07:44 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  Started watching Westworld. So far so very good.
Very original.

Are you talking about the original 1973 film, Westworld?
Not certain how it would stand up over the years - I haven't seen it in a long while. I recall it being quite good - very well written. And who doesn't love Yul Brynner as an android cowboy? Shy

I saw they've made some new TV series out of it. With today's technology, it could work out pretty well.

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 1 user Likes kim's post