Rate the Last Film You've Seen

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Votes - 5 Average
05-08-2012, 05:17 PM
(05-08-2012 05:15 PM)lucradis Wrote:  Oh man, I saw that at Walmart the other day, and thought to myself.... POS.

On a positive note it made me want to see Abraham Lincoln Vampire Hunter again.

That's actually how Netflix sucked me in. I didn't think through the title enough until it started. Oh well. Maybe now I'll think Vampire Hunter is good when I see it.

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
08-08-2012, 10:08 AM
RE: Rate the Last Film You've Seen
(26-07-2012 03:46 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(25-07-2012 06:09 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  Battleship - 4/5. Got some obvious holes but it moves right along. Opening act is funny stuff. Big Grin

From stuff above: The Golden Compass was decent - 3/5 - book way better. Tongue

Stardust - 2/5.

Book. Always. Better. Yes

Nuh-uh! Twilight the movies are way better than the books. Tongue

(runs and hides)

Syriana.

[Image: MV5BMjA2MTQwMTg0N15BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwOTE5...4,317_.jpg]

5/5. Political thriller about the shenanigans of Big Oil. How come when we do it, it is foreign policy, but when they do it, it is terrorism?

living word
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
08-08-2012, 10:19 AM
(08-08-2012 10:08 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  
(26-07-2012 03:46 PM)Chas Wrote:  Book. Always. Better. Yes

Nuh-uh! Twilight the movies are way better than the books. Tongue

(runs and hides)

Syriana.

[Image: MV5BMjA2MTQwMTg0N15BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwOTE5...4,317_.jpg]

5/5. Political thriller about the shenanigans of Big Oil. How come when we do it, it is foreign policy, but when they do it, it is terrorism?

And chewing tacks is better than chewing broken glass.Yes

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
08-08-2012, 10:34 AM
Rampart: Starring Woody Harrelson.
I gave it 3/5 stars.
Woody does a pretty good job of portraying a tough as nails LA cop in the Rampart Division (infamous in the Southland for its culture of violence and corruption as seen in the Rodney King beating).

Probably most viewers will stop at the opinion that Woody's character is just a big fascist jackass, and he is, but taking it a step further and seeing he is the last of the big fascist jackasses, I couldn't help but feel a little sympathy for a man who no longer has a place in the world.

As I write this, I can't help but see a comparison with John Wayne's The Shootist, about an aging gunslinger who has to deal with the modernization of the Old West.

Don't expect a lot of fast paced action in Rampart. It's much more of a character study than it is a typical cop movie.

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
08-08-2012, 04:07 PM
Saw a film called Surviving Hitler // A Love Story

It was supposed to be a documentary, but it was also supposed to have some kind of "reenactment" within it? Ok... I was prepared for that, but it didn't look as if there was any kind of "reenactment".

So, now I'm thinking... did any of this really happen?

I just checked it out... and it's legit. http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b013ffkv

Amazing story. I would have to give it a 9... the rare color footage of Hitler gave it extra "gulp" value. It certainly kept my interest for the more subtle things... a very rare glimpse of that time and place - quite a time capsule. Thumbsup

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
11-08-2012, 09:21 PM
Ted. Apart from sounding like peter griffin and having most of the cast of family guy. it was really funny. I give it an 8/10.

Behold the power of the force!
[Image: fgYtjtY.gif]
11-08-2012, 11:07 PM
Equilibrium. Meh.

Interesting idea, but I'm a stickler for details if the idea gets me. This movie skims too many details for me to really like it.

It was meh.

"I think of myself as an intelligent, sensitive human being with the soul of a clown which always forces me to blow it at the most important moments." -Jim Morrison
12-08-2012, 12:29 AM
Columbiana:
I am stopping, 15 minutes in to give my review. I wanted to see it because it features Zoe Saldana shooting people and blowing shit up. But first, her character is a 10ish year old little girl free-running through the streets and houses of Bogata being chased by parkour badasses with fucking badass guns. This girl is my new hero. I want to be her when I grow up.
The director is Luc Besson of Nikita, Transporter, Taken, The Professional et al, fame. The rest of the movie could stink, but I highly doubt it. If you like action movies then you must watch this movie or I will think you're lame. Thumbsup

Okay, back to the carnage...and Zoe!!!

~Izel
12-08-2012, 01:14 AM
(12-08-2012 12:29 AM)Erxomai Wrote:  Columbiana:
I am stopping, 15 minutes in to give my review. I wanted to see it because it features Zoe Saldana shooting people and blowing shit up. But first, her character is a 10ish year old little girl free-running through the streets and houses of Bogata being chased by parkour badasses with fucking badass guns. This girl is my new hero. I want to be her when I grow up.
The director is Luc Besson of Nikita, Transporter, Taken, The Professional et al, fame. The rest of the movie could stink, but I highly doubt it. If you like action movies then you must watch this movie or I will think you're lame. Thumbsup

Okay, back to the carnage...and Zoe!!!

Seen it. It stinks.

12-08-2012, 04:28 AM
Submarine. A very touching little coming-of-age story, filmed on a low-budget in Wales.

8/10

Essential Killing. One of the worst films I've ever seen. Cool (literally) cinematography, but the "story" is awful... and there is almost no dialogue. The main character doesn't speak and the only other (significant) character is a mute. It took me 3 attempts to get to the end (I fell asleep twice). So, it's good if you suffer from insomnia.

1/10

The Kill List. A strange film, that follows one genre for 75% of the story and switches to a different genre for the last 25%... neither of which is done with conviction, although it had a promising beginning.

5/10

50-50. A funny/sad combination, mixing humour and terminal illness with romance. Which might sound terrible, but it was very well written and enjoyable throughout as the comedy was sustained and the sadness done with grace.

8/10