Rate the Last Film You've Seen

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Votes - 5 Average
24-11-2016, 08:00 AM
RE: Rate the Last Film You've Seen
agree. it's nice to get back to the world of magic and stuff, though the characters are kinda one-dimensional. the plot is predictable. though the scene in the ministry of magic was very exciting

(22-11-2016 03:59 PM)Shai Hulud Wrote:  Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them. Highly amusing, full of good laughs. However so terribly predictable. Every "twist" in the movie, you already know as soon as you meet the characters. Loved it despite that. Spoilers below:
Mr. Graves...we meet him, he seems militant, we know Grindlewald is missing...obviously Grindlewald, and yup, revealed at the end of the film.
Tina and Newt? Of course they'll get together.
Creepy kid? Of course Credence the creepy kid is the real threat, possessed by an evil magical parasite known as an Obscurus and the super creepy little girl talking about burning witches is the red herring.
Tina's sister and Jacob Kowolski? Again of course we know they'll get together.

(18-11-2016 12:21 PM)Gawdzilla Wrote:  
That box of books.

(18-11-2016 12:22 PM)Gawdzilla Wrote:  And giving Alex Jones the air time he deserves! Censored

Yes and yes! Also:
Thought it was nice he's the one who convinced the soldiers to try and kill the aliens. Yeah, sure, we get the scared kid back home for one as a throw away line, but Jones is the one egging on with his conspiracy shtick and saving our species.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Pizzachos88's post
24-11-2016, 08:08 AM
(24-11-2016 08:00 AM)Pizzachos88 Wrote:  agree. it's nice to get back to the world of magic and stuff, though the characters are kinda one-dimensional. the plot is predictable. though the scene in the ministry of magic was very exciting

(22-11-2016 03:59 PM)Shai Hulud Wrote:  Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them. Highly amusing, full of good laughs. However so terribly predictable. Every "twist" in the movie, you already know as soon as you meet the characters. Loved it despite that. Spoilers below:
Mr. Graves...we meet him, he seems militant, we know Grindlewald is missing...obviously Grindlewald, and yup, revealed at the end of the film.
Creepy kid? Of course Credence the creepy kid is the real threat, possessed by an evil magical parasite known as an Obscurus and the super creepy little girl talking about burning witches is the red herring.

Yes and yes! Also:
Thought it was nice he's the one who convinced the soldiers to try and kill the aliens. Yeah, sure, we get the scared kid back home for one as a throw away line, but Jones is the one egging on with his conspiracy shtick and saving our species.

http://www.slashfilm.com/fantastic-beasts-sequels-3/
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Gawdzilla's post
24-11-2016, 01:14 PM
(24-11-2016 08:00 AM)Pizzachos88 Wrote:  agree. it's nice to get back to the world of magic and stuff, though the characters are kinda one-dimensional. the plot is predictable. though the scene in the ministry of magic was very exciting

Yes and yes! Also:
Loved the scene! Also the mishaps in the bank were such a wonderful setting up of the rest of the movie. The Petrificus Totalus on the snooty guy was awesome.
(24-11-2016 08:08 AM)Gawdzilla Wrote:  

http://www.slashfilm.com/fantastic-beasts-sequels-3/
Woot!

Need to think of a witty signature.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Shai Hulud's post
24-11-2016, 05:36 PM
Unbreakable
I'd seen it before but it's been years... probably since it came out.

Wow - I'd forgotten just how good this film is.

9 out of 10.
Actually ... maybe 9.75 or even 9.95.

I'm unsure what would be an actual 10. If not it, this film might be pretty damn close.

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
25-11-2016, 04:17 PM
Moonlight was amazing 10/10. The story is told in three parts - young boy, teen, adult. Follows the life of a black gay man growing up in an urban environment. His struggles to come to terms with himself and his sexuality while dealing with the social pressures of the culture he was born into.

I hope that the world turns, and things get better. But what I hope most of all is that you understand what I mean when I tell you that, even though I do not know you, and even though I may never meet you, laugh with you, cry with you, or kiss you, I love you. With all my heart, I love you. - V for Vendetta
25-11-2016, 04:24 PM
Watched Fantastic Beasts a few nights ago...loved it, even if I could only understand half of what the main character said...English accent + mumbling and all.

Ignorance is not to be ignored.

Check out my DA gallery! http://oo-kiri-oo.deviantart.com/gallery/
26-11-2016, 08:19 PM
Hadn't watched The Wizard of Oz in a while and I'd forgot how awesome it was Tongue

My 5 year old wanted to watch it after having it read to him at daycare. He hid behind me during the tornado scene and was on the edge of his seat exited when Toto was climbing up the mountain to lead the trio to rescue Dorothy.

My youngest, having just turned two, wasn't too interested in most of the movie but made horse sounds whenever he saw one on screen and was worried the witch might have a booboo when the house fell on her.

'Murican Canadian
[+] 1 user Likes yakherder's post
26-11-2016, 08:25 PM
Suicide Squad...predictable and over the top, too bad since the premise was interesting. 5/10

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
30-11-2016, 12:49 AM
Midnight Special
8.5/10
30-11-2016, 02:54 AM
The Danish Girl 8/10. Would like to have had a bit more of the backstory.

Sent from my ALE-L21 using Tapatalk