Rate the Last Film You've Seen

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Votes - 5 Average
02-12-2016, 07:37 AM
RE: Rate the Last Film You've Seen
Fantastic Beasts..... Yeah - sort of predictable---

But, I think that's by design.. They wanted it to appeal to Potter fans. If it was wildly different, it wouldn't work as well.....

That said -- the CG effects were pretty damned good...

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes onlinebiker's post
02-12-2016, 09:10 AM (This post was last modified: 02-12-2016 09:16 AM by Full Circle.)
When Trumpets Fade 8/10

Hunting for something to watch last night I stubled upon this little gem, a WWII movie with no heroes, no bad guys, war as I envision it would be. The main character is a reluctant leader, the guys in charge just as green and vulnerable, the action scenes believable. Pleasantly surprised for an unknown cast and movie title. If you like war movies without sensationalism you’ll like this one.

Here it is on youtube

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
02-12-2016, 10:36 AM
Watched Batman vs. Superman last night. Well, most of it. Like Batman, I kept falling asleep through the movie.

Don't let those gnomes and their illusions get you down. They're just gnomes and illusions.

--Jake the Dog, Adventure Time

Alouette, je te plumerai.
02-12-2016, 07:59 PM
(26-11-2016 08:25 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  Suicide Squad...predictable and over the top, too bad since the premise was interesting. 5/10

Yabut, Margot Robbie as Harley Quinn; 10/10 Big Grin

[Image: ZF1ZJ4M.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
03-12-2016, 05:52 AM
Ben Hur
4/10 ug. I mean it wasn't terrible, at least until the Jesus bit. Was it a movie about Ben Hur or Jesus?
Typical Hollywood Christian bullshit catering to retard American audiences.

[Image: oscar.png]
03-12-2016, 09:23 AM
(03-12-2016 05:52 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  Ben Hur
4/10 ug. I mean it wasn't terrible, at least until the Jesus bit. Was it a movie about Ben Hur or Jesus?
Typical Hollywood Christian bullshit catering to retard American audiences.

I loved the book when I was a kid. He's a bit of a total badass and most of the book is about him with a tiny little Jesus bit tagged on at the end. Lew Wallace (IIRC) was a bit of a badass himself - civil war general and so forth.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
03-12-2016, 11:34 AM
Finally saw Independence Day Resurgence. The story flowed slightly more rationally than the first one, but was still full of gaping holes. Decent action flick though.

'Murican Canadian
08-12-2016, 07:22 PM
Scrolling through my movies and saw one I thought I'd remind you cunts to go watch. Beasts of No Nation.
Best film of 2015, if you haven't seen it yet you're a filthy cuntsack. So this a friendly reminder to go watch that shit.

[Image: oscar.png]
08-12-2016, 11:40 PM
(02-12-2016 07:37 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  Fantastic Beasts..... Yeah - sort of predictable---

But, I think that's by design.. They wanted it to appeal to Potter fans. If it was wildly different, it wouldn't work as well.....

That said -- the CG effects were pretty damned good...

Also last movie I saw.

Even as a fan I didn't like it. The story structure was just all over the place.
09-12-2016, 12:40 PM
6 souls : 8/10
I liked it a lot, I know this kind of story has already been over exploited, but the way the stories unfurls kept me grasped the whole movie.
Extra point because it features Julianne Moore Smile