Rate the Last Film You've Seen

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Votes - 5 Average
09-12-2016, 06:14 PM
RE: Rate the Last Film You've Seen
God's Not Dead 2, re-watched. Still as awful as I remembered. As a criminal justice assistant prof. the entirety of everything wrong with the courtroom scenes makes me want to take a hammer to the blu ray than the rest of all that's wrong with the movie.

Need to think of a witty signature.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
10-12-2016, 01:06 PM
Sausage Party - 7/10. Funny and kinky.

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
Find all posts by this user
10-12-2016, 02:36 PM
Hateful Eight.

Westerns usually aren't my cup of tea -- but with Quentin Tarentino at the helm --- holy shit......

Think Pulp Fiction and Kill Bill got together, drank tequila and created offspring.....

Whatta trip....

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
10-12-2016, 02:48 PM
(10-12-2016 02:36 PM)onlinebiker Wrote:  Hateful Eight.

Westerns usually aren't my cup of tea -- but with Quentin Tarentino at the helm --- holy shit......

Think Pulp Fiction and Kill Bill got together, drank tequila and created offspring.....

Whatta trip....

I watched that recently too. Had some hilarious moments. I find myself saying "HORSESHIT!" at work a lot now. Kurt Russel played a great asshole. Cracked me up.
[+] 1 user Likes Dark Wanderer's post
10-12-2016, 03:17 PM
(09-12-2016 06:14 PM)Shai Hulud Wrote:  God's Not Dead 2, re-watched. Still as awful as I remembered. As a criminal justice assistant prof. the entirety of everything wrong with the courtroom scenes makes me want to take a hammer to the blu ray than the rest of all that's wrong with the movie.

Why'd you do that to yourself? I accidentally watched half a trailer of the first one once and would rather stab myself than go near it again.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
10-12-2016, 05:35 PM
(10-12-2016 02:48 PM)Dark Wanderer Wrote:  
(10-12-2016 02:36 PM)onlinebiker Wrote:  Hateful Eight.

Whatta trip....

I watched that recently too. Had some hilarious moments. I find myself saying "HORSESHIT!" at work a lot now. Kurt Russel played a great asshole. Cracked me up.

He learned "HORSESHIT" - from me....

Big Grin

Yeah - there was some great laughs in it...

QT delivered, as usual....

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
13-12-2016, 12:20 PM
Batman Return of the Caped Crusader 7/10. It was a decent movie, more geared towards nostalgia of the TV series.

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
[+] 1 user Likes JDog554's post
13-12-2016, 09:22 PM (This post was last modified: 13-12-2016 09:25 PM by Shai Hulud.)
Miss Sloane. Slow movie, but good. Great if you like political thrillers with a minimum of violence...basically if Littlefinger is your favorite on Game of Thrones (and he's mine. Shivers during the "Chaos is a ladder" speech.), you will love Elizabeth Sloane. What I took away most from this film, however, is just how much respect Jessica Chastain deserves as an actress. In The Martian she was sort of just a side character of no great import, but in Zero Dark Thirty she was the central character, who evolved from idealistic patriotic new grad, to a bitter and hardened intelligence operative. She did a great job there, and the film's message overall was quite conservative. The message of Miss Sloane is quite liberal, talking about political reform and gun control legislation. She pulls off the character just as well as she did in Zero Dark Thirty, despite it being a complete 180 in who they play to view wise.

(10-12-2016 03:17 PM)morondog Wrote:  
(09-12-2016 06:14 PM)Shai Hulud Wrote:  God's Not Dead 2, re-watched. Still as awful as I remembered. As a criminal justice assistant prof. the entirety of everything wrong with the courtroom scenes makes me want to take a hammer to the blu ray than the rest of all that's wrong with the movie.

Why'd you do that to yourself? I accidentally watched half a trailer of the first one once and would rather stab myself than go near it again.

I convinced myself I was probably too hard on it the first time...was wrong. Tongue And come on, the first one was the better of the two...possibly the best of the three. After all, Reverend Dave is arrested by the evil anti-religion government for not turning in his sermons as subpoenaed in the after credit scene of GND2. Forego the stabbiness and embrace the hamminess of Sorbo's performance.

Need to think of a witty signature.
[+] 1 user Likes Shai Hulud's post
14-12-2016, 04:40 AM
"Neighbors".....

I was as the movies store, saw "Neighbors 2" and said to the SO -- "We haven't seen the first one -- let's get that"....

She said "Get both".....

I said "What if the first one sucks?? We'll get "Pets" -- and if Neighbors is good, we'll get #2 when we return the first one".....

Later -20 minutes into it- the SO said ---- "This is why they paid you the big bucks, right??".....(we quit watching it)

Lesson learned ----

"Pets" was cute........ kinda predictable, but had good moments.

Neighbors??? Fuck --- I'd move....

14-12-2016, 05:30 PM
Kung-fu Panda 3. Glad I waited. 9/10 stoner flick. May collect screeners for a win10 background theme. Cool

[Image: ZF1ZJ4M.jpg]