Rate the Last Film You've Seen

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Votes - 5 Average
19-12-2016, 02:43 PM
RE: Rate the Last Film You've Seen
Krampus. Pretty entertaining and funny at times.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
20-12-2016, 09:46 AM
Rogue One - 4 and a half death stars out of five. Big Grin

living word
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 3 users Like houseofcantor's post
20-12-2016, 06:08 PM
Rogue One: Way better than expected, and echoing the appreciation for Jessica Chastain from a couple of pages ago between Houseofcantor and I (wish she'd been in this too). My only real problem is that I didn't get the names of most of the supporting cast.

Spoilers below tags;I enjoyed a lot of the small touches they included in this film.

Red 5 explodes above the archives world. Luke later becomes Red 5 in A New Hope.

Bail Organa going back to Alderaan...RIP Bail.

We're replacing the no longer canon EU stuff of Dark Forces with this movie, and instead of Jan Ors we have Jin Orso.

Little nod to the amazing film Deep Impact at the end, where Jin and Forgettable Cass-something embrace as the explosion races at them from the ocean.
]

Need to think of a witty signature.
[+] 2 users Like Shai Hulud's post
20-12-2016, 06:32 PM
Age of Adeline. Wonderful movie, 5 out of 5

T.H.
22-12-2016, 09:40 AM
The Autopsy of Jane Doe.

I used to be a big horror fan, however as I got older I began to get bored by the visuals and repeat concepts and looked for more of a hit psychologically.

This film centers around a father and son who run a family morgue. There is a murder in their town and an unusual victim is discovered, different to the rest, who is unknown (Hence Jane Doe'd)

The autopsy they perform gets stranger and stranger as they work through its four stages until things take a creepy turn and begin to get really fucked up. The visuals of the autopsy are fascinating, yet the rest of the film does not rely on many other visuals like other horror's might.

It's different.

8/10

I feel so much, and yet I feel nothing.
I am a rock, I am the sky, the birds and the trees and everything beyond.
I am the wind, in the fields in which I roar. I am the water, in which I drown.
[+] 1 user Likes bemore's post
23-12-2016, 07:40 AM
Deepwater Horizon. Excellent. Well worth the steep price of admission.

I'd just caught 'Star Trek Beyond' on television. Utter horse manure. Worse even than the most dreadful Star Wars films, and that's meant as a backhanded compliment, since making 100% garbage films actually requires a sort of talent.
23-12-2016, 07:48 PM
(22-12-2016 09:40 AM)bemore Wrote:  The Autopsy of Jane Doe.

I used to be a big horror fan, however as I got older I began to get bored by the visuals and repeat concepts and looked for more of a hit psychologically.

This film centers around a father and son who run a family morgue. There is a murder in their town and an unusual victim is discovered, different to the rest, who is unknown (Hence Jane Doe'd)

The autopsy they perform gets stranger and stranger as they work through its four stages until things take a creepy turn and begin to get really fucked up. The visuals of the autopsy are fascinating, yet the rest of the film does not rely on many other visuals like other horror's might.

It's different.

8/10

I just watched it. Pretty crazy!
[+] 1 user Likes ghostexorcist's post
24-12-2016, 12:53 AM
(19-12-2016 01:08 PM)bemore Wrote:  Equals.

In a post war Earth, humans have their emotions repressed in favour of a more controllable, collective society. Those who feel emotions are treated and eventually, they are given a premature and painless death.

With so much at risk, two people fall in love. They try unsuccessfully to hide their feelings and with the help of some other secretive people who also have to hide their emotions from society, they hatch a plan to escape.

I like this film because it reminds me how amazing life is and how much I get sidetracked by mundanities instead of feeling an almost.... "spiritual".... Connection to everything around me.

It reminds me I'm alive.

9/10

Take that premise, add in Christian Bale and awesome gun fights, and you have Equilibrium; one of my all time favorite sci-fi movies.

[Image: Equilibrium.jpg]

Yes, Sean Bean is in it. Yes, he dies.

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 2 users Like EvolutionKills's post
24-12-2016, 10:19 AM
Rate the Last Film You've Seen
I watched Rouge One last night.

I thought it was boring and drawn out. The only scenes that were any good were the few that had Darth Vader.
24-12-2016, 06:14 PM
I re-watched an oldie last night - for the benefit of my SO, and my sister who's in town...... Neither had ever seen this one.....

Coming To America -----

Eddie Murphy and James Earl Jones as royalty......

For a movie from 1988 --- it's held up quite well.....

Best line --- (James E. Jones) - "there is a fine line between love and nausea".....

Big Grin

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 1 user Likes onlinebiker's post