Rate the Last Film You've Seen

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Votes - 5 Average
12-08-2012, 10:29 AM
Rate the Last Film You've Seen
(12-08-2012 01:14 AM)DLJ Wrote:  
(12-08-2012 12:29 AM)Erxomai Wrote:  Columbiana:
I am stopping, 15 minutes in to give my review. I wanted to see it because it features Zoe Saldana shooting people and blowing shit up. But first, her character is a 10ish year old little girl free-running through the streets and houses of Bogata being chased by parkour badasses with fucking badass guns. This girl is my new hero. I want to be her when I grow up.
The director is Luc Besson of Nikita, Transporter, Taken, The Professional et al, fame. The rest of the movie could stink, but I highly doubt it. If you like action movies then you must watch this movie or I will think you're lame. Thumbsup

Okay, back to the carnage...and Zoe!!!

Seen it. It stinks.

Your mother was a hamster and your father smells of elderberry.

The movie fucking rocked! (IMHO)

Now go away or I shall taunt you a second time!

Silly English kaniggit!

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Erxomai's post
12-08-2012, 10:38 AM
RE: Rate the Last Film You've Seen
(12-08-2012 04:28 AM)Red Celt Wrote:  Essential Killing. One of the worst films I've ever seen. Cool (literally) cinematography, but the "story" is awful... and there is almost no dialogue. The main character doesn't speak and the only other (significant) character is a mute. It took me 3 attempts to get to the end (I fell asleep twice). So, it's good if you suffer from insomnia.

1/10

The Kill List. A strange film, that follows one genre for 75% of the story and switches to a different genre for the last 25%... neither of which is done with conviction, although it had a promising beginning.

5/10

Glutton for punishment that I am... these sound like my kind of challenge. I'll actively look for them. I'll rate them within the year... might be a while. Dodgy

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 1 user Likes kim's post
13-08-2012, 08:12 PM
(12-08-2012 10:38 AM)kim Wrote:  Glutton for punishment that I am... these sound like my kind of challenge. I'll actively look for them. I'll rate them within the year... might be a while. Dodgy

I have a theory: either you're attracted to films with the word "kill" in their title, or you dislike me so much that any film that I rate as awful must (in your eyes) be the opposite of awful. Undecided

Here's my latest brief review.

La piel que habito (The Skin I Live In). It's a Spanish film, set around a wealthy surgeon and his secluded mansion that has an operating theatre for "private" patients. You can probably imagine how the story might unfold, but I won't provide any spoilers. It's an interesting (and gripping) story, which had me hooked all the way to the end. It's subtitled and stars Antonio Banderas.

7.5/10

[Image: MV5BMjMwOTYyNDY4NV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwNDI1...SY317_.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Red Celt's post
14-08-2012, 04:24 AM
Hmmmmm... I am not sure did I mention them before, but have you seen Torrente? No, I do not mean torrents, as sites to download illegal movies, I mean Jose Luis Torrente, Stupid Hand of Justice.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0120868/
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0257231/
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0444505/
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1417108/

I found these 4 movies to be brilliant, such a great humour, such a disguising characters, such filth... I can not compare these movies with anything else, as nothing like this exists and you haven't seen anything like this ever.

I recommend disregarding the IMDB ratings. These are Spanish movies, so you will have to read these movies, you lazy illiterate bastards.

Enjoy.

And trust me...

Big Grin

[Image: a6505fe8.jpg]
I have a theory that the truth is never told during the nine-to-five hours.
-Hunter S. Thompson
[+] 1 user Likes Filox's post
15-08-2012, 01:18 PM
Futurama: Benders Big Score
8/10
A-fuckin-hilarious. Naturally they have a odd way of pacing things, but I loved it all the same.

Bury me with my guns on, so when I reach the other side - I can show him what it feels like to die.
Bury me with my guns on, so when I'm cast out of the sky, I can shoot the devil right between the eyes.
[+] 1 user Likes Question's post
15-08-2012, 02:37 PM
Terminator Fourlogy (yes, that's a word... now). I think the first three where the best. The last one was still good, but Arnold was CGI'd. Sad

[Image: 3d366d5c-72a0-4228-b835-f404c2970188_zps...1381867723]
15-08-2012, 03:07 PM
(15-08-2012 02:37 PM)cheapthrillseaker Wrote:  Terminator Fourlogy (yes, that's a word... now). I think the first three where the best. The last one was still good, but Arnold was CGI'd. Sad

I'm so proud of you right now, I could cry. Heart

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
[+] 1 user Likes Erxomai's post
15-08-2012, 04:30 PM
(15-08-2012 02:37 PM)cheapthrillseaker Wrote:  Terminator Fourlogy (yes, that's a word... now). I think the first three where the best. The last one was still good, but Arnold was CGI'd. Sad

Tetrology.

You're welcome.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
15-08-2012, 04:41 PM
(15-08-2012 04:30 PM)Chas Wrote:  Tetrology.

Tetralogy

[Image: spellingnazi.jpg]

It's less correct (linguistically) but I prefer "quadrilogy".
[+] 1 user Likes Red Celt's post
15-08-2012, 05:06 PM
(15-08-2012 04:41 PM)Red Celt Wrote:  
(15-08-2012 04:30 PM)Chas Wrote:  Tetrology.

Tetralogy

[Image: spellingnazi.jpg]

It's less correct (linguistically) but I prefer "quadrilogy".

Trilogy plus one. Tongue That was what my mind was spouting at me before it threw up the made up word.

[Image: 3d366d5c-72a0-4228-b835-f404c2970188_zps...1381867723]