Rate the Last Film You've Seen

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Votes - 5 Average
17-01-2017, 02:52 PM
RE: Rate the Last Film You've Seen
(17-01-2017 02:39 PM)Shai Hulud Wrote:  Portraying Moses and Ramses as brothers who were rivals, and genuinely cared about each other was rather novel, I thought at least.

Look, some guys worked really hard on that film. It's not as terrible as it could have been. That's about all I can say for it.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
17-01-2017, 03:04 PM
(17-01-2017 02:52 PM)morondog Wrote:  
(17-01-2017 02:39 PM)Shai Hulud Wrote:  Portraying Moses and Ramses as brothers who were rivals, and genuinely cared about each other was rather novel, I thought at least.

Look, some guys worked really hard on that film. It's not as terrible as it could have been. That's about all I can say for it.

And that's fair enough. Not saying it was a masterpiece, just saying it's the best overtly Christian movie I've seen. Smile

Need to think of a witty signature.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
17-01-2017, 03:14 PM
(17-01-2017 02:33 PM)morondog Wrote:  
(17-01-2017 01:31 PM)Shai Hulud Wrote:  [*]The Prince of Egypt (animated and best Christian film I've ever watched)*

Is that the Disney one about Moses? I remember that. Even got a review in Time magazine. I found it distastefully faithful Dodgy

No, that one was DreamWorks (Steven Spielberg). I remember grandmother refused to go see it because it was made by a jew.

True story.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 2 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
17-01-2017, 03:22 PM
(17-01-2017 03:14 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(17-01-2017 02:33 PM)morondog Wrote:  Is that the Disney one about Moses? I remember that. Even got a review in Time magazine. I found it distastefully faithful Dodgy

No, that one was DreamWorks (Steven Spielberg). I remember grandmother refused to go see it because it was made by a jew.

True story.

Yeah, how dare a Jew make a movie about a Jew! Of all the nerve!
[+] 4 users Like Grasshopper's post
17-01-2017, 04:33 PM
Arrival.

A film about aliens arriving on the planet and making first contact.

It's a beautiful and deeply crafted film.

Thats all I wish to say without giving any plot/spoilers away other than I give it 21 out of 12 and I loved it from the end to the beginning, through to the end.

I feel so much, and yet I feel nothing.
I am a rock, I am the sky, the birds and the trees and everything beyond.
I am the wind, in the fields in which I roar. I am the water, in which I drown.
[+] 5 users Like bemore's post
17-01-2017, 05:07 PM
(17-01-2017 04:33 PM)bemore Wrote:  21 out of 12

Rush fan, right?
[Image: Rush-2112-Vinyl-Cover.jpg]
[+] 4 users Like Heath_Tierney's post
17-01-2017, 07:49 PM
Baked in Brooklyn......

I happened to notice the lead actor in this one on the jacket of the DVD at the rental store -- and recognized him....

Josh Brener --- he's got sort of a Woody Allen vibe/look to him.... I remembered seeing him on The Big Bang Theory ---as Stuart's nephew Dale...... A quirky, funny part......

So I took a chance.......'

The kid's a pretty good actor.... It's a fun movie -- about a young guy who loses his job, and takes up selling weed over the internet......

I'll look for other stuff he's in.......

I hope he gets a return on BBT......

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
17-01-2017, 10:58 PM (This post was last modified: 17-01-2017 11:07 PM by EvolutionKills.)
(17-01-2017 03:14 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(17-01-2017 02:33 PM)morondog Wrote:  Is that the Disney one about Moses? I remember that. Even got a review in Time magazine. I found it distastefully faithful Dodgy

True story.

Beat me to it. It is animated very well, emulating the very best of the western tradition as established by the House of Mouse. Often these projects have former Disney alumni attached to them, like Don Bluth (Titan A.E., All Dogs Go To Heaven, Anastasia) or Brad Bird (The Iron Giant). But you are right, it was Dreamworks and not Disney; but it did it's best to be as good as Disney, it was not a cheap fuck-off cash in project.

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes EvolutionKills's post
18-01-2017, 08:20 AM (This post was last modified: 18-01-2017 08:23 AM by EvolutionKills.)
Just watched Big Hero 6 again, cause I was in need of a good movie with a happy ending.

As far as kids fare goes, you can certainly do worse than this; a hero's journey where thinking your way out of problems is lionized. Where the characters are both well developed and excellent role models, but without being preachy. Thoroughly entertaining from start to finish.

[Image: efab1f32-5c1c-4229-9881-d0ea43fb0375.jpg]

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes EvolutionKills's post
18-01-2017, 08:23 AM
(18-01-2017 08:20 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  Just watched Big Hero 6 again, cause I was in need of a good movie with a happy ending.

[Image: efab1f32-5c1c-4229-9881-d0ea43fb0375.jpg]

Until you learn what Baymax looks like in the comics.

[Image: Baymax_%28Marvel_Comics%29.jpg]

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze