Rate the Last Film You've Seen

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Votes - 5 Average
18-01-2017, 08:38 AM
RE: Rate the Last Film You've Seen
(18-01-2017 08:23 AM)JDog554 Wrote:  
(18-01-2017 08:20 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  Just watched Big Hero 6 again, cause I was in need of a good movie with a happy ending.

[Image: efab1f32-5c1c-4229-9881-d0ea43fb0375.jpg]

Until you learn what Baymax looks like in the comics.

[Image: Baymax_%28Marvel_Comics%29.jpg]

I had heard that it is a very loose adaptation, but that doesn't bother me, as I'm not at all familiar with the comics and the movie stand up more than well enough on its own.

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
18-01-2017, 08:42 AM
(18-01-2017 08:38 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  
(18-01-2017 08:23 AM)JDog554 Wrote:  Until you learn what Baymax looks like in the comics.

[Image: Baymax_%28Marvel_Comics%29.jpg]

I had heard that it is a very loose adaptation, but that doesn't bother me, as I'm not at all familiar with the comics and the movie stand up more than well enough on its own.

I agree but it's still just like whoa.

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
18-01-2017, 06:13 PM
(17-01-2017 04:33 PM)bemore Wrote:  Arrival.

A film about aliens arriving on the planet and making first contact.

It's a beautiful and deeply crafted film.

Thats all I wish to say without giving any plot/spoilers away other than I give it 21 out of 12 and I loved it from the end to the beginning, through to the end.

I finally got a chance to watch it myself. I quite liked the film. You might like this article:

Quote:http://www.slate.com/blogs/browbeat/2016...guage.html

How Realistic Is the Way Amy Adams’ Character Hacks the Alien Language In Arrival? We Asked a Linguist.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like ghostexorcist's post
18-01-2017, 06:23 PM
(17-01-2017 04:33 PM)bemore Wrote:  Arrival.

A film about aliens arriving on the planet and making first contact.

It's a beautiful and deeply crafted film.

Thats all I wish to say without giving any plot/spoilers away other than I give it 21 out of 12 and I loved it from the end to the beginning, through to the end.

Watched it last night. It was a little slow at times, but I liked it. Thumbsup
18-01-2017, 07:33 PM
Just finished watching Arrival.
I liked it too.

Better than Fences, Denzel's new movie I saw yesterday that's for damn sure.

[Image: oscar.png]
18-01-2017, 07:35 PM
When aliens do finally show up for first contact --

We'll probably find out one of the universal truths of the universe........................

They're more likely to be a bunch of assholes, than not....

heh

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 1 user Likes onlinebiker's post
18-01-2017, 09:23 PM
(18-01-2017 07:35 PM)onlinebiker Wrote:  When aliens do finally show up for first contact --

We'll probably find out one of the universal truths of the universe........................

They're more likely to be a bunch of assholes, than not....

heh

Especially if they have seen the 700 Club or TBN.

"If we are honest—and scientists have to be—we must admit that religion is a jumble of false assertions, with no basis in reality.
The very idea of God is a product of the human imagination."
- Paul Dirac
[+] 2 users Like The Organic Chemist's post
19-01-2017, 07:37 PM
Rewatched Alien vs. Predator: Requiem. After around 3 Christian movies in a row, my least favorite film of both the Alien and Predator franchises was suddenly super well done in comparison. Suddenly instead of going, "These effects aren't as good as they should be", suddenly it's, "oh this is excellent." The sound quality didn't vary wildly, the actors weren't being blocked by random objects while they spoke, the camera actually framed the action happening, and the actors didn't zombie-pronounce their lines. Sure, still cringed that the blonde co-ed was taken out by the Predator's blade disc by accident, as if the Predator was just another slasher film monster. But it was a nice, mindless, action romp. 2.5/5

Need to think of a witty signature.
[+] 1 user Likes Shai Hulud's post
19-01-2017, 11:24 PM
(19-01-2017 07:37 PM)Shai Hulud Wrote:  Rewatched Alien vs. Predator: Requiem. After around 3 Christian movies in a row, my least favorite film of both the Alien and Predator franchises was suddenly super well done in comparison. Suddenly instead of going, "These effects aren't as good as they should be", suddenly it's, "oh this is excellent." The sound quality didn't vary wildly, the actors weren't being blocked by random objects while they spoke, the camera actually framed the action happening, and the actors didn't zombie-pronounce their lines. Sure, still cringed that the blonde co-ed was taken out by the Predator's blade disc by accident, as if the Predator was just another slasher film monster. But it was a nice, mindless, action romp. 2.5/5

[Image: 1345-146-alien-vs-predator-the-pope-pedo...50x335.jpg]

[Image: alien-vs-predator_o_736186.jpg]

"If we are honest—and scientists have to be—we must admit that religion is a jumble of false assertions, with no basis in reality.
The very idea of God is a product of the human imagination."
- Paul Dirac
[+] 1 user Likes The Organic Chemist's post
20-01-2017, 10:03 AM
(19-01-2017 11:24 PM)The Organic Chemist Wrote:  
(19-01-2017 07:37 PM)Shai Hulud Wrote:  Rewatched Alien vs. Predator: Requiem. After around 3 Christian movies in a row, my least favorite film of both the Alien and Predator franchises was suddenly super well done in comparison. Suddenly instead of going, "These effects aren't as good as they should be", suddenly it's, "oh this is excellent." The sound quality didn't vary wildly, the actors weren't being blocked by random objects while they spoke, the camera actually framed the action happening, and the actors didn't zombie-pronounce their lines. Sure, still cringed that the blonde co-ed was taken out by the Predator's blade disc by accident, as if the Predator was just another slasher film monster. But it was a nice, mindless, action romp. 2.5/5

[Image: 1345-146-alien-vs-predator-the-pope-pedo...50x335.jpg]

[Image: alien-vs-predator_o_736186.jpg]

Oh come on man, you switched B16 with Cardinal Pell! Tongue In all seriousness though, B16 quietly defrocked over 400 predatory priests. (I would've preferred he also give them to the cops though...fuck child rapists.)

Totally related, btw, to today's election events, going to watch The Purge: Election Year, later.

Need to think of a witty signature.