Rate the Last Film You've Seen

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Votes - 5 Average
12-02-2017, 08:59 AM
RE: Rate the Last Film You've Seen
Journey to the West: The Demons Strike Back (a.k.a. Journey to the West 2, 2017)

2/5 stars

The film follows a monk and his three demonic disciples on their journey from China to retrieve Sutras from the Buddha in India. They face several demons during this particular leg of their journey, one of whom sows discord between the monk and his eldest disciple, an immortal monkey demon.

I would describe it as a trainwreck with good special effects. It deviated way too much from the historical novel. As the old saying goes, don't try to fix what isn't broken. The movie had a very disjointed flow, bouncing from one scene to the next, or dragging on way too long. And it was very unfunny, something that pains me to say. Stephen Chow is the god of comedy in Asia, but his films have become progressively drier ever since he stepped behind the camera.

Here is the trailer.

Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like ghostexorcist's post
13-02-2017, 04:25 PM
Lego Batman 3/5 a lot of funny jokes and references, I would recommend seeing it at least once.

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes JDog554's post
14-02-2017, 12:19 PM
Lego Batman, enjoyed it more than JDog. 4/5, he's not kidding about the jokes and references. Every Batman film, the 60s series, animated series, Batman Beyond, etc. is all in there. Plus shout outs to other franchises as well, including my favorite line, "and these evil British robots. Ask your nerdy friends."

Need to think of a witty signature.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Shai Hulud's post
15-02-2017, 02:31 AM
Spirited Away.

Wasn't too bad. Kind of a masterpiece in its own regards, just not my typical kind of movie so I don't think I'll watch it again. But I can certainly appreciate it as a good movie.

[Image: oscar.png]
15-02-2017, 02:50 AM
(14-02-2017 12:19 PM)Shai Hulud Wrote:  Lego Batman, enjoyed it more than JDog. 4/5, he's not kidding about the jokes and references. Every Batman film, the 60s series, animated series, Batman Beyond, etc. is all in there. Plus shout outs to other franchises as well, including my favorite line, "and these evil British robots. Ask your nerdy friends."

[Image: s3_04_wal_40.jpg&purpose=Compute..._04_wal_19]

Consider

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes EvolutionKills's post
15-02-2017, 10:15 AM
(15-02-2017 02:50 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  
(14-02-2017 12:19 PM)Shai Hulud Wrote:  Lego Batman, enjoyed it more than JDog. 4/5, he's not kidding about the jokes and references. Every Batman film, the 60s series, animated series, Batman Beyond, etc. is all in there. Plus shout outs to other franchises as well, including my favorite line, "and these evil British robots. Ask your nerdy friends."

[Image: s3_04_wal_40.jpg&purpose=Compute..._04_wal_19]

Consider

Yes.

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
18-02-2017, 12:20 PM
The Great Wall 2/5.

18-02-2017, 12:24 PM
Just finished Denial. I'm disappointed, Evans book was much better.

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
18-02-2017, 10:29 PM
Hm. Right in the middle of something called Cell. Starts off fairly quickly - mayhem ensues in the first ten minutes and the bodies start stacking up from there. So far, so good.

I guess I'll just assume Samuel L Jackson and John Cusack needed to pay a bill. Angel No judgement.

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
18-02-2017, 11:56 PM
Well - this Cell thing turned out much better than it's beginning. It was suspenseful, the plot became more developed and the acting turned out to be quite honest. Much more to say than I expected from it. Very substantial. Shy

Had I paid attention, I'd have noticed the beginning credit: based on a story by Steven King. No wonder it got downright creepy.

I'd give it a seven out of ten. Thumbsup

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 1 user Likes kim's post