Rate the Last Film You've Seen

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Votes - 5 Average
07-03-2017, 01:36 PM
RE: Rate the Last Film You've Seen
Saw Logan earlier...or part of it. Marcus Theaters is letting me see it again free sometime, because the fire alarm was going off through 20 minutes of it that about 100 of us missed due to the evacuation. Great film, it seemed to be an allegory for Trump's immigration policies meets Children of Men (one of my favorite films) meets everyone who has ever panicked about GMOs. 10/10

Need to think of a witty signature.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
12-03-2017, 05:54 AM
Just a reminder that this movie is a thing and ya'll need to go watch it.
(pro tip: not a family movie)

[Image: oscar.png]
Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes earmuffs's post
13-03-2017, 07:15 AM
A Bittersweet Life

8/10

Koreans make excellent excellent movies.
The Man from Nowhere is another extremely good South Korean movie.
Remember Old Boy (the original, not the awful American remake)? That movie was a fucking masterpiece. If you have not seen the original 2003 Old Boy there is something seriously wrong with you and you need to remedy that shit right now. Anyway, I bring up Old Boy to make a point that Old Boy is a South Korean film and Bittersweet Life and Man from Nowhere are up there with Old Boy IMO. I don't know what it is but South Koreans smash Americans out of the water for action movies. Absolutely drag them through the mud.

Watch South Korean movies people. It's worth reading subtitles. You will thank me when you do and you will hate how shitty Hollywood movies have become. You can have a good action movie with a good story, you just need to watch Korean movies because you wont get it with Hollywood films that's for damn sure.
Also, ya'll still need to go watch that movie I posted in my last post.

[+] 1 user Likes earmuffs's post
13-03-2017, 07:27 AM
Arrival.

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

The only good thing I can say about this movie, is its a non-narcotic, not habit forming sleep aid.

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 1 user Likes onlinebiker's post
13-03-2017, 08:57 AM
I saw John Wick 2 yesterday, I liked it. Well, if you liked John Wick, you should like John Wick 2, that's the same guy :he is angry and good at killing everybody who is in his way.
"2" means that he is John WickER : more kills, more blood (I guess John Wick 3 should be John WickEST).
Anyway, maybe not as good as the first John Wick since there is no big surprise, but quite enjoyable.
It's the first time I see a movie in the Netherlands since I moved there, it took me a few minutes to get accustomed to the fact that I had never heard a sound that loud in a cinema !
24-03-2017, 11:29 AM
"I[t] was directed by Mel Gibson (The Passion of the Christ, Braveheart), so he's all about protagonists getting the shit kicked out of them over their beliefs. Probably some sort of morbid Catholic guilt being played out, if Gibson's personal life is anything to go on."

Desmond Doss was a Seventh Day Adventist. Gibson, I believe, is a fundamentalist Roman Catholic, and I'm not sure how he [or his daddy] feels about anyone who isn't RC too. Utter disapproval, I'd guess. Nevertheless, it's quite probable you're right about the religious meme in this film, but the same could be said of a lot of, no, most, latter day Westerns and war films. Hollywood rarely deals with topics involving this much gore and moral ambiguity without injecting a lot of angst that arises from peculiarly American takes on Christianity. If we knew whether Clint goes to church or if he attends at all, critics would never shut up about him and Jeebus and all that Technicolor bloodshed.
25-03-2017, 09:47 AM
Life

If you liked the original Alien and The Thing (1982) this is similar though not as compelling or suspenseful. Still, a fun time.

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 2 users Like Full Circle's post
27-03-2017, 09:28 AM
The Great Wall.

Oh dear god... where do I even start. Like, I knew it was gonna be bad but... damn, that shit is wack.
Firstly, the whole idea of Hollywood doing a "Chinese" based movie where the main actor is American using a fake something Euro accent is just fucking typical Hollywood shit.
Second, the costumes were fucking terrible. The weapons were terrible. The story was extremely predictable and... terrible. The main enemy was fucking retarded. The whole Hollywood depicting Chinese culture is.. terrible.

It was just a really really fucking bad movie and just highlights my point about Hollywood being a bunch of fucking shit cunts.
The only good thing about it was that it had Matt Damon, Andy Lau and that dude from Narcos in it.

27-03-2017, 09:35 AM
(27-03-2017 09:28 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  The Great Wall.

Oh dear god... where do I even start. Like, I knew it was gonna be bad but... damn, that shit is wack.
Firstly, the whole idea of Hollywood doing a "Chinese" based movie where the main actor is American using a fake something Euro accent is just fucking typical Hollywood shit.
Second, the costumes were fucking terrible. The weapons were terrible. The story was extremely predictable and... terrible. The main enemy was fucking retarded. The whole Hollywood depicting Chinese culture is.. terrible.

It was just a really really fucking bad movie and just highlights my point about Hollywood being a bunch of fucking shit cunts.
The only good thing about it was that it had Matt Damon, Andy Lau and that dude from Narcos in it.
For what it's worth, even though 'Hollywood' is still involved in this, I believe this was a co-production with China in an effort to produce a mostly Chinese movie, to get people interested about Chinese cinema. It looks total garbage, and I'm in no way defending it, just thought it'd be worth mentioning China half did it to themselves as well.

"I don't do magic, Morty, I do science. One takes brains, the other takes dark eye liner" - Rick
I now sell T-Shirts Here! Please Check it out Thumbsup
27-03-2017, 09:41 AM
(27-03-2017 09:28 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  The Great Wall.

This was a Chinese made film not Hollywood.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense