Rate the Last Film You've Seen

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Votes - 5 Average
31-03-2017, 09:32 AM
RE: Rate the Last Film You've Seen
A few years ago I started reading the Hobbit to her (which she will have to read in high school). Also read the Lord of the Rings in it's entirety. After that, we watched all three movies (extended length) so she could "see" what the director did with the story. I'm a huge Tolkien fan and it appears she is the same.

I get to decide what my life looks like, not the other way around.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes RearViewMirror's post
31-03-2017, 09:35 AM (This post was last modified: 31-03-2017 09:48 AM by RearViewMirror.)
The last film I've seen really isn't a film but a series. The first season of True Detective was one of the best series I've ever seen. I knew Matthew McConaughey and Woody Harrelson were good actors but they have never been better than in this series.

Perfect example. A lot of religion talk about this and it is damn accurate.

Well worth a watch as it fits a lot of our thinking.

[+] 2 users Like RearViewMirror's post
31-03-2017, 09:49 AM
(31-03-2017 09:32 AM)RearViewMirror Wrote:  A few years ago I started reading the Hobbit to her (which she will have to read in high school). Also read the Lord of the Rings in it's entirety. After that, we watched all three movies (extended length) so she could "see" what the director did with the story. I'm a huge Tolkien fan and it appears she is the same.

Unlike some people, I enjoyed both the books and the movies, although I did find the recent "Hobbit" trilogy a bit bloated. It made sense to convert the 3-volume "Lord of the Rings" into 3 movies. It didn't make sense to do that with the single-volume "Hobbit". In both trilogies, though, I thought Peter Jackson did a great job of visualizing that world.
[+] 1 user Likes Grasshopper's post
31-03-2017, 10:01 AM
(31-03-2017 09:49 AM)Grasshopper Wrote:  
(31-03-2017 09:32 AM)RearViewMirror Wrote:  A few years ago I started reading the Hobbit to her (which she will have to read in high school). Also read the Lord of the Rings in it's entirety. After that, we watched all three movies (extended length) so she could "see" what the director did with the story. I'm a huge Tolkien fan and it appears she is the same.

Unlike some people, I enjoyed both the books and the movies, although I did find the recent "Hobbit" trilogy a bit bloated. It made sense to convert the 3-volume "Lord of the Rings" into 3 movies. It didn't make sense to do that with the single-volume "Hobbit". In both trilogies, though, I thought Peter Jackson did a great job of visualizing that world.

I agree. The Hobbit was just a money grab in my opinion. Don't get me wrong. I did enjoy the movies and it would have made for one hell of a long movie had they released it as one.

There were flaws in both. The one thing that bothered me in The Hobbit was the addition of Tauriel. I understand artistic license but that was a little too far in my opinion.

But the original Lord of the Rings "pretty much" stuck to the storyline of the book. A little disjointed here and there but all in all it was a must see.

[+] 1 user Likes RearViewMirror's post
31-03-2017, 02:52 PM
La la land ... la la sucked.

Check out my now-defunct atheism blog. It's just a blog, no ads, no revenue, no gods.
----
Atheism promotes critical thinking; theism promotes hypocritical thinking. -- Me
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes WillHopp's post
31-03-2017, 03:04 PM
(31-03-2017 02:52 PM)WillHopp Wrote:  La la land ... la la sucked.

I hated it, too. Undecided

My cousin said, "What a great movie, a classic for future generations!" Sadcryface

Pretty sure I won't want to hang out with that generation. Dodgy

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 3 users Like kim's post
31-03-2017, 07:49 PM
(31-03-2017 02:52 PM)WillHopp Wrote:  La la land ... la la sucked.

Pretty much anything with Ryan Gossling sucks. Too bad though, he seems like a competent actor.

"If we are honest—and scientists have to be—we must admit that religion is a jumble of false assertions, with no basis in reality.
The very idea of God is a product of the human imagination."
- Paul Dirac
31-03-2017, 11:29 PM
Split.

9/10. Bravo indeed.

[Image: oscar.png]
01-04-2017, 08:00 AM
Fantastic Beasts.... 4/5. I had a lot of fun watching it.

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
[+] 2 users Like JDog554's post
01-04-2017, 05:48 PM
Patriots Day...... Just watch it.

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze