Rate the Last Film You've Seen

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Votes - 5 Average
15-08-2012, 05:11 PM
RE: Rate the Last Film You've Seen
(15-08-2012 04:41 PM)Red Celt Wrote:  
(15-08-2012 04:30 PM)Chas Wrote:  Tetrology.

Tetralogy

[Image: spellingnazi.jpg]

It's less correct (linguistically) but I prefer "quadrilogy".

Correct, thank you.

Type in haste, grovel at leisure.Weeping

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
15-08-2012, 05:57 PM
(15-08-2012 05:11 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(15-08-2012 04:41 PM)Red Celt Wrote:  Tetralogy

[Image: spellingnazi.jpg]

It's less correct (linguistically) but I prefer "quadrilogy".

Correct, thank you.

Type in haste, grovel at leisure.Weeping

*takes Chase out to the chemical sheds to be shot* At least I make them up and blatantly point them out! It's the loophole! Tongue

[Image: 3d366d5c-72a0-4228-b835-f404c2970188_zps...1381867723]
Find all posts by this user
15-08-2012, 06:00 PM
Tetralogy sounds like the study of people who play too much Tetris. Smile

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
[+] 2 users Like Erxomai's post
15-08-2012, 06:05 PM (This post was last modified: 15-08-2012 06:10 PM by Red Celt.)
(15-08-2012 06:00 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  Tetralogy sounds like the study of people who play too much Tetris. Smile

It reminds me of Tetra Pak and I get an image in my mind of someone opening a carton of milk. At least "quad" immediately says "4" to you. Tongue

But apparently, it's a bad thing to mix Greek and Latin. I was informed of this by a work colleague many-moons-ago when the word "homophobe" was mentioned in a conversation.

edit: which is also wrong, because "homo" means "same", which makes sense in "homosexual" but not in "homophobe" as it's a fear/anxiety of the same... although the most vitriolic homophobes are likely fiercely-closeted gays, so a fear/anxiety of themselves actually adds a level of accuracy to the word.
[+] 1 user Likes Red Celt's post
15-08-2012, 11:58 PM
Te Adjustment Bureau.

Meh. So boring it's not worth a rating.

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
16-08-2012, 12:03 AM
How To Train Your Dragon

Pretty cool for a kids film - 7/10

Humankind Dodgy (a total misnomer)
[+] 1 user Likes aurora's post
16-08-2012, 12:16 AM
(15-08-2012 11:58 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  Te Adjustment Bureau.

Meh. So boring it's not worth a rating.

Actually, I do have a review. Matt Damon declined to continue his Jason Bourne character, but he was willing to do this jacked up shit? WTF, Matt?

~Izel
16-08-2012, 09:14 AM
I dodged this movie for the longest time because I was not a fan of Ryan Gosling. Too many shit movies he stars in.

Found it cheap in the store and picked it up due to excessive recommendations.

Drive.

This movie has some really well done scenes that deliver excellent tension. The first scene is done very well, and grabbed me and forced me through the whole thing, bad music be damned.

My only three complaints with the movie are these:

1. Music fucking sucks.
2. Awkward man woman scenes. Fucking talk.
3. Where cops be?

The best 3 parts to me are:

1. Bad ass character, with some obvious sociopathic tendencies.
2. Woman is horrified when true nature revealed.
3. Beautiful cinematography.

I actually really enjoyed this move even without a satisfying conclusion. It actually speaks more to the character that I was saddened due to wanting more. I want more Gosling. Moar!!!

Instant recommend, though you are warned that there is graphic violence depicted. (it was apparently very edited due to more graphicness) wow.

8.5 out of 10. One of the better movies to come out of the last four years. Good movies seem to be getting more and more rare.

"I think of myself as an intelligent, sensitive human being with the soul of a clown which always forces me to blow it at the most important moments." -Jim Morrison
[+] 2 users Like lucradis's post
16-08-2012, 10:06 AM
(16-08-2012 09:14 AM)lucradis Wrote:  I dodged this movie for the longest time because I was not a fan of Ryan Gosling. Too many shit movies he stars in.

Found it cheap in the store and picked it up due to excessive recommendations.

Drive.

This movie has some really well done scenes that deliver excellent tension. The first scene is done very well, and grabbed me and forced me through the whole thing, bad music be damned.

My only three complaints with the movie are these:

1. Music fucking sucks.
2. Awkward man woman scenes. Fucking talk.
3. Where cops be?

The best 3 parts to me are:

1. Bad ass character, with some obvious sociopathic tendencies.
2. Woman is horrified when true nature revealed.
3. Beautiful cinematography.

I actually really enjoyed this move even without a satisfying conclusion. It actually speaks more to the character that I was saddened due to wanting more. I want more Gosling. Moar!!!

Instant recommend, though you are warned that there is graphic violence depicted. (it was apparently very edited due to more graphicness) wow.

8.5 out of 10. One of the better movies to come out of the last four years. Good movies seem to be getting more and more rare.

I was apparently high when I saw this flick, as your review has not reminded me of one single thing about the movie. Consider

~Izel
16-08-2012, 10:26 AM
Hahah I didn't want to spoil it for people who haven't seen it. Mainly because it was nothing at all like I expected.

Re-watch it sober dude.

"I think of myself as an intelligent, sensitive human being with the soul of a clown which always forces me to blow it at the most important moments." -Jim Morrison
[+] 1 user Likes lucradis's post