Founders
9/10

You have to be odd to be #1.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
08-04-2017, 08:38 AM
RE: Rate the Last Film You've Seen
(03-04-2017 02:31 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(03-04-2017 01:45 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  I saw Get Out over the weekend. I really liked it. About an 8 out of 10. I recommend it.

A friend saw it, said something it was like guess who's coming to dinner meets Stepford Wives or something like that.

Yes, it was. I really liked it though. I know this is an odd reaction to the movie but it made me appreciate what amazing personalities African Americans have.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 1 user Likes dancefortwo's post
08-04-2017, 05:33 PM
Back Slider mentioned Kevin Costner and that reminded me of one of my favorite movies of his,
"3 Days to Kill"

Solid 8/10 in my opinion, but I'm biased.

It's not a straight forward kind of film.
It could have been something like John Wick if they wanted, but I'm ever so glad they put in depth, charm, compassion and realness to the characters.

Insanity - doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results
11-04-2017, 02:43 PM
I watched Shyamalan's "Split" night before last ...maybe a 5/10 if I'm being generous about the parts that were NOT blatant misrepresentation of DID as a mental illness.
11-04-2017, 02:51 PM
Beyond the river

South Africa made film. It's really good. I don't know if it'll be released internationally, but I sure hope so.

Some bits of it (a lot actually) were filmed close by where I live in Joburg.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
12-04-2017, 05:34 AM
There is a movie called "Locke" staring Tom Hardy made in 2013 about a construction manager who leaves his job just before the world's largest concrete pour. It's a 100 million dollar project.

The entire movie is him driving in his car and taking phone calls from various people.

Only one actor.
Reminiscent of the movie "Buried"

Very interesting movie.

Insanity - doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results
12-04-2017, 03:19 PM
Recently saw Black Swan with my wife. 7.5/10 Honestly better than I thought it'd be.
[+] 2 users Like EACD01's post
13-04-2017, 09:08 AM
Last time I watched Beauty and The Beast, Emma is so amazing actress, awesome fairytale, I rate it 10/10
[+] 1 user Likes MuntyJay's post
13-04-2017, 12:32 PM
Ghost in the Shell live action and...dunno. On the one hand, it was visually stunning, stayed loyal (mostly) to the philosophical themes of the series, etc. On the other hand, had I not previous seen 3/4 animated films and 2/3 animated series that make up the animated side of the GitS universe, then I would have been so lost and missed all the subtle things they put in as a nod to the fans. I think one's enjoyment of the film is proportional to how big a fan of the universe you are.

Need to think of a witty signature.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Shai Hulud's post
15-04-2017, 03:57 AM
Jackie

There's a YouTube video titled Top 10 Movies Way Too Upsetting to Watch Twice. It's about movies that are excellent, well done films but just get to you. Schindler's List is at the top.

That's Jackie. Excellent movie. Natalie Portman deserves her Oscar nomination. But I could not take it, watching this great woman suffer. Somewhere in the middle I stopped it and sent it back to NetFlix.

Sapere aude
[+] 1 user Likes f stop's post