Rate the Last Film You've Seen

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Votes - 5 Average
14-05-2017, 05:38 PM
RE: Rate the Last Film You've Seen
(12-05-2017 10:55 AM)kim Wrote:  
(12-05-2017 10:41 AM)Thoreauvian Wrote:  Yeah, I didn't like Interstellar either, though it was funny that Matt Damon played a marooned astronaut in that movie and The Martian too.

Matt Damon was in Interstellar? I thought it was just Matthew McConaughey?
Guess I'll have to break down and finally check it out. Dodgy

No he wasn't. Tongue

The "science" in interstellar just sucked. Not worth the watch unless it's free.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
14-05-2017, 07:58 PM
(14-05-2017 05:38 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(12-05-2017 10:55 AM)kim Wrote:  Matt Damon was in Interstellar? I thought it was just Matthew McConaughey?
Guess I'll have to break down and finally check it out. Dodgy

No he wasn't. Tongue

The "science" in interstellar just sucked. Not worth the watch unless it's free.

Yes, Matt Damon was in Interstellar.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0816692/fullcredits/

And Yes, the science sucked. Who travels into a black hole only to reappear behind a bookcase?
14-05-2017, 09:59 PM
(14-05-2017 07:58 PM)Thoreauvian Wrote:  
(14-05-2017 05:38 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  No he wasn't. Tongue

And Yes, the science sucked. Who travels into a black hole only to reappear behind a bookcase?

I was kidding, he wasn't a main character. It, in my mind, doesn't count.

Which is why I added the Tongue

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 1 user Likes Momsurroundedbyboys's post
15-05-2017, 01:04 AM
(14-05-2017 07:58 PM)Thoreauvian Wrote:  
(14-05-2017 05:38 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  No he wasn't. Tongue

Actually IIRC one thing they did right was they engaged some top physicist guy - Kip Thorne? - to be their science consultant, and while the plot sucked genuine butthole, he actually published a paper later 'cos he'd done some work trying to figure out how a black hole would look up close (which they did use in the movie too).

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
15-05-2017, 04:33 AM
(10-05-2017 07:57 AM)OakTree500 Wrote:  Recently re-watched:

The Dark Knight - Still holds up, and despite an odd section during the third act, it's miles above some of the current DC stuff.
As as add-on to this one:

re-watched: Dark Knight Rises over the weekend

I think this movie gets a bad wrap at times, and yeah sure...it's stupid in many places...but it's fun and STILL better than BvS as well lol.

Also: My daughter cried when she thought batman had died towards the end.

"I don't do magic, Morty, I do science. One takes brains, the other takes dark eye liner" - Rick
I now sell T-Shirts Here! Please Check it out Thumbsup
[+] 1 user Likes OakTree500's post
15-05-2017, 06:31 AM
(14-05-2017 04:44 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  Alien Covenant.
It was great. Answered pretty much every Prometheus or Alien question and served as the perfect bridge between the two movies.
Can't wait till Alien Awakening now.
8/10

So jealous, it's not out yet here. But glad to hear that!

Need to think of a witty signature.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
15-05-2017, 07:51 AM
(15-05-2017 06:31 AM)Shai Hulud Wrote:  
(14-05-2017 04:44 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  Alien Covenant.
It was great. Answered pretty much every Prometheus or Alien question and served as the perfect bridge between the two movies.
Can't wait till Alien Awakening now.
8/10

So jealous, it's not out yet here. But glad to hear that!

Damn, and I thought we got shit late.

[Image: oscar.png]
[+] 1 user Likes earmuffs's post
16-05-2017, 12:52 AM
I've recently seen Alien Promethius and Covenant. My opinion:

Two of the most boring films I've ever seen. They were about 10% aliens ripping people up, which was awesome, and 90% uninteresting characters fucking about on space ships, androids, and really stupid religious ideas. Pretentious bullshit.

I watched Alien and Aliens for the first time recently, and they were absolutely brilliant. These new wet farts don't deserve to be associated with them.

I have a website here which discusses the issues and terminology surrounding religion and atheism. It's hopefully user friendly to all.
[+] 1 user Likes Robvalue's post
16-05-2017, 04:14 AM
I still maintain that Alien, is the best one of the lot. it's a Horror movie in space, not sci-fi like some people suggest. (Much like how Terminator 1 is a horror movie as well, if you think about it).

Prometheus , [can't talk about Covenant yet as I havent seen it], LOOKS amazing, but is full of very stupid people. I saw a review recently that was saying "Look, you have 10 or so Scientists. People of logic and reason....yet they do the stupidest things imaginable". The section of Prometheus is: "oh look, a space snake....I better touch it", when you 100% just wouldn't do that.

I've seen in the trailer for Covenant that they walk about on this planet, with no space suits on. I understand it's an oxygen planet...but surely you'd have to wear a suit anyway to avoid airborn virus/nasties?

SILLY lol.

"I don't do magic, Morty, I do science. One takes brains, the other takes dark eye liner" - Rick
I now sell T-Shirts Here! Please Check it out Thumbsup
[+] 3 users Like OakTree500's post
16-05-2017, 06:29 AM
I agree with that, these are some of the dumbest people I've ever seen. In both films. I don't know how they managed to even get on the ship without knocking themselves unconscious.

I can't figure out whether the writers are trying to inject religion into this obviously scientific scenario to try and pretend it's still somehow relevant, and end up looking stupid; or if it's a total dead-pan mocking of religion, showing how its broken thinking can be a hindrance. Considering the second option still isn't entertaining in the least, and given the films' general attempts to look clever, I think it's the first. It reeks of Christian persecution complex at times.

These are just barely alien films. They may as well have been something else entirely. The aliens just show up to kill very stupid people now and again.

I have a website here which discusses the issues and terminology surrounding religion and atheism. It's hopefully user friendly to all.
[+] 2 users Like Robvalue's post