Rate the Last Film You've Seen

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Votes - 5 Average
22-05-2017, 05:11 AM
RE: Rate the Last Film You've Seen
(18-05-2017 05:05 AM)OakTree500 Wrote:  Alien
It's an oldy, [by todays standards at least], but still and goodey.

The original and the best IMO, of all the Alien related films. Could totally have been a stand alone movie without any sequels at all. The only things I would say are mildly "negative" are some bad camera work/edit's in places, which is more a sign of the era it was made in, but otherwise it's fantastic.

Scary/jumpy and a great horror movie. Thumbsup

That movie is like a fine wine, it's gotten better with age.
It was made in 1979!! 79!! and it still looks great today. In fact, the technology is so old in the movie (like the computers and screens and stuff) by todays standard it looks sci-fi. The only thing that hasn't held up is the explosion at the end, that's some shitty special effects. But hey, 1979...

(19-05-2017 12:44 PM)Shai Hulud Wrote:  Alien Covenant 7.5/10. No way it could have lived up to the hype, but I am glad to have watched the Last Supper and The Crossing prologues that Fox posted prior to the movie's release. Nitpicking below spoiler tags, which contain, spoilers.

After all the speculation that David made Shaw into an alien queen...it was sad not to see that, she was just dead as an experiment.

Omg the Engineer massacre by the Black Goo scene was astounding.

It was so obvious Walter was dead and David had taken his place.

I feel like those spores infecting two of the scientists with Neomorphs, as many fans are calling them, is the filmmaker's way of acknowledging all the people who said in Prometheus, "WHY WOULD YOU TAKE OFF YOUR FUCKING HELMET? IT DOESN'T MATTER THAT THE AIR IS BREATHABLE, YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT IS IN IT!!!" Followed by our scientists doing the same damn thing this time, but paying for it.

David made facehuggers...but that still doesn't explain the original Engineer ship in alien having all those facehugger eggs and having been crashed long enough for the Engineer to fossilize. Even when he thinks he's finally creating something new, he's not?

Poor colonists, David is going to have so much fun on his own planet to experiment on in more controlled conditions.

Covenant happened after Prometheus and before Alien.
Considering David only killed the Engineers on their homeworld, and Prometheus shows that the Engineers had outlying research/military bases, perhaps between the time of Covenant and Alien David has found another one of these bases??

I see your point, and it certainly is a rather major timeline flaw, but until Awakening comes out and completes the loop between this trilogy and the original movies, you can't rule out any speculation.

[Image: oscar.png]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
22-05-2017, 08:26 PM (This post was last modified: 22-05-2017 09:09 PM by ghostexorcist.)
I watched a movie comprised of all the cutscenes from the new DC Comics videogame Injustice 2. In the first game Superman turns into a despot after killing the Joker for drugging the Man of Steel and tricking him into killing Lois and their unborn child. Superman starts killing all criminals and even those who get in his way. He is eventually taken down by Batman and other heroes and imprisoned for his crimes. The sequel sees Superman being released temporarily to help deal with an interstellar threat. I found it quite entertaining.

Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes ghostexorcist's post
01-06-2017, 03:16 AM
Alien : Covenant

OK, so I liked it. Good moments, more "Alien-y" than Prometheus, although the people involved in the space mission are all idiots lol. Take that for what you will, but I enjoyed it on the whole.

"I don't do magic, Morty, I do science. One takes brains, the other takes dark eye liner" - Rick
I now sell T-Shirts Here! Please Check it out Thumbsup
01-06-2017, 04:11 AM
I just watched Doctor Strange on Netflix. I give it 7/10 for its entertainment value -- mainly for the M. C. Escher on acid with a kaleidescope cityscape distortions. Otherwise it was just another superhero origin story. Doctor Strange protects people from mystical rather than physical threats, but it still boils down to people with superpowers beating up on each other. The scene with Strange fighting a bad guy when they were both "out-of-body" was especially funny.
03-06-2017, 04:40 AM (This post was last modified: 03-06-2017 04:43 AM by Cypher44.)
Baahubali 2, is an Indian Telugu-Tamil film starring Prabhas in lead role, in Indian legend, Baahubali had superhuman strength and was a Jain, it is loosely based on that, (by loosely, I mean this Baahubali only has superhuman strength) Visually stunning but several f*ck you moments to the laws of nature, because Indian movie

Give it a solid 6/10

EDIT : Baahubali 2 is highest-grossing Indian film of all time, having grossed estimated 1633 crores ($254 million USD I think)

Oh no. He's here - God
03-06-2017, 05:00 AM
Wonder Woman

She's hot, easily a ten.
03-06-2017, 05:57 AM
(03-06-2017 05:00 AM)Gawdzilla Wrote:  Wonder Woman

She's hot, easily a ten.

Nothing else matters.. eh?? But man.. I tell you.. She is nothing compared to Bar Rafaeli

Oh no. He's here - God
03-06-2017, 06:16 AM
(03-06-2017 05:57 AM)Cypher44 Wrote:  
(03-06-2017 05:00 AM)Gawdzilla Wrote:  Wonder Woman

She's hot, easily a ten.

Nothing else matters.. eh?? But man.. I tell you.. She is nothing compared to Bar Rafaeli
Not as hot as Bar Refaeli, but I'm worn out with blondes.

And yeah, it was a comic book movie, so eyecandy is the sum total.
03-06-2017, 10:21 AM
(22-05-2017 05:11 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  
(18-05-2017 05:05 AM)OakTree500 Wrote:  Alien
It's an oldy, [by todays standards at least], but still and goodey.

The original and the best IMO, of all the Alien related films. Could totally have been a stand alone movie without any sequels at all. The only things I would say are mildly "negative" are some bad camera work/edit's in places, which is more a sign of the era it was made in, but otherwise it's fantastic.

Scary/jumpy and a great horror movie. Thumbsup

That movie is like a fine wine, it's gotten better with age.
It was made in 1979!! 79!! and it still looks great today. In fact, the technology is so old in the movie (like the computers and screens and stuff) by todays standard it looks sci-fi. The only thing that hasn't held up is the explosion at the end, that's some shitty special effects. But hey, 1979...

(19-05-2017 12:44 PM)Shai Hulud Wrote:  Alien Covenant 7.5/10. No way it could have lived up to the hype, but I am glad to have watched the Last Supper and The Crossing prologues that Fox posted prior to the movie's release. Nitpicking below spoiler tags, which contain, spoilers.

After all the speculation that David made Shaw into an alien queen...it was sad not to see that, she was just dead as an experiment.

Omg the Engineer massacre by the Black Goo scene was astounding.

It was so obvious Walter was dead and David had taken his place.

I feel like those spores infecting two of the scientists with Neomorphs, as many fans are calling them, is the filmmaker's way of acknowledging all the people who said in Prometheus, "WHY WOULD YOU TAKE OFF YOUR FUCKING HELMET? IT DOESN'T MATTER THAT THE AIR IS BREATHABLE, YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT IS IN IT!!!" Followed by our scientists doing the same damn thing this time, but paying for it.

David made facehuggers...but that still doesn't explain the original Engineer ship in alien having all those facehugger eggs and having been crashed long enough for the Engineer to fossilize. Even when he thinks he's finally creating something new, he's not?

Poor colonists, David is going to have so much fun on his own planet to experiment on in more controlled conditions.

Covenant happened after Prometheus and before Alien.
Considering David only killed the Engineers on their homeworld, and Prometheus shows that the Engineers had outlying research/military bases, perhaps between the time of Covenant and Alien David has found another one of these bases??

I see your point, and it certainly is a rather major timeline flaw, but until Awakening comes out and completes the loop between this trilogy and the original movies, you can't rule out any speculation.

My favorite thing about Alien is that the crew of the ship are just a bunch of assholes. They're bored (even though they're in the future!) and just want to get paid. Just like every human in every era has probably been.
[+] 1 user Likes Dark Wanderer's post
03-06-2017, 10:57 AM
(03-06-2017 06:16 AM)Gawdzilla Wrote:  
(03-06-2017 05:57 AM)Cypher44 Wrote:  Nothing else matters.. eh?? But man.. I tell you.. She is nothing compared to Bar Rafaeli
Not as hot as Bar Refaeli, but I'm worn out with blondes.

And yeah, it was a comic book movie, so eyecandy is the sum total.

It was a good DC movie, I feel like DC's gaining ground on Marvel in the movies, still way off though

DC TV shows are great however.

Oh no. He's here - God